Unofficial Preview Crows v Tiger Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

By that logic Brisbane are a decent side this year because they won 3 flags in a row a few years back.
It isn't the same because the core of Brisbane is different. The core of this Richmond side is still the same as 2013-2015.
Funny that you travel well because we also play ok at home ;)
Well, the sides that we beat also played OK at home :)
So in short... Decent side plays decent when decent...

tenor.gif
Well, West Coast were decent last year but struggled to win away from home. So, not every decent side plays well away from home.

I don't know. I kinda like Richmond, I like the way they are playing. I love their super passionate supporters who stick by them every year, its fun to watch as a neutral. They have a genuine love of the club and wear their heart on their sleeve. I would never microwave my membership out of anger lol.

I would like to see them have a good season and actually win a final. Finishing in the bottom 6 will help them this year. Definitely a Top 8 side because they have beaten every top 8 "contender" they have played (Melbourne, West Coast and Collingwood).

If the margin is 4 goals or less, there will be more excitement at Tigerland than beating a rubbish team because it shows they can stay with the "best side in the comp" on their home deck. Fun season!

I've got a feeling microwaveing a plastic card wouldn't do much. Kind of like a plastic microwave safe bowl or is it a metaphor for something.

Rory >> Dusty

Crows by 8 goals for me.

362441_b2316cb79a381e511a5734535d86fa41_thumb.jpg

My only hesitation is that travelling to the clean air of Adelaide might be enough to give them extra legs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.40.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.40.30 PM.png
    35 KB · Views: 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide should win this by about 10 goals when you apply this formula. The Tigers have had an incredibly soft draw and accompanying it they have had close wins against bad opposition. If you take a look at the Tigers Opposition Win Record (OWR) You will see that their opponents have combined for 8 wins out of a possible 24 matches. The Crows on the other hand have combined 13 wins.

Tigers OWR 1,1,3,1,2 = 8
Crows OWR 4,1,3,3,2 = 13

This works out to an OWR% of just 33.33r% to the Tigers and a whopping 54.16r%for Adelaide with our opponents are 20% more likely to win an AFL game.

When you combine this with the Win Margin Ratio WMR Adelaide’s performance in the opening 5 rounds shouldn’t even be compared with Richmond’s.

The WMR awards points for game results, 0 points for a 50+ loss, 1 point for 49 - 20, 2 for 19-0, 3 for 0-19, 4 for 20- 49 and 5 for 50+. With a max score of 25 this gives a WMR %

Tigers 4,3,3,5,3 = 18 72%
Crows 5,4,3,5,5 = 22 88%

To combine the OWR and WMR you simply multiply the raw totals divided by number of games played to get Overall Win Factor (OWF) This produces:

Tigers OWF of 28.8
Crows OWF OF 57.2

Will be hard for the Tigers to make the eight without improvement.

Richmond's most recent interstate results against finalists:

Sydney, SCG, 2016 lost by 113 points
GWS, UNSW, 2016 lost by 88 points (111 to 23)
Port Adelaide, AO, 2016 lost by 38 points
Adelaide, AO, 2015 lost by 36 points

Shame I am not going to this game but to be honest, quite chuffed that I wont have to deal with by far the most uneducated fans in the league trying to con the umpires with noise.

You don't have to sit with your cheer squad, I'm sure we can find you a seat elsewhere

Currently doesn't fit into the over the top, speed or defensive pressure criteria in team selection...Rioli, Butler, Castagna, Markov, Macintosh, Menadue, ect. Happened to miles too.

I like your username

Gingervitis is a serious issue

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Damn straight it is

People keep banging on about muslims, while my warnings of the coming ginger apocalyse go unheeded. Ffs we had a daywalker as prime minister!!!!

Getting serious for one sec (wrong thread i know), 2016 was pretty much a complete and utter train wreck. We had coaches undermining each other, players bullying others, a coach white anting the captain, a toxic disfunctional culture, and a game plan that didnt anticipate the consequences of the new interchange cap and stricter OOB interpretation.

So pretty much a complete cluster *

Not sure yet if were the club from 2016 or 2013/14/15, but the signs are promising. The player and coaching purge got ride of the troublemakers, the players are enjoying being at the club again, and the gameplan moved on from the freo template we adopted.

The 13/14/15 side was actually better on the road than the 16, and i remember at one stage we had a.better win loss ratio interstate than in vic. Remember when asked why, they often answered because they liked the fun of travelling together as a unit. They enjoyed getting away from the distractions, and being together as a group. Given the disfunction of 2016, its probably not surprising we travelled so poorly. If you hate working with blokes, i rexkon youd hate travelling with them even more!

A word of advice; in banter threads you're supposed to talk up the teams you've beaten, not down.;)
Oh I was talking about last year. This year they had Sam Mitchell against us, a player that is well accustomed to the 'G, so they played well. We just outclassed them in the end ;)

They didn't even have Sam Mitchell against Hawthorn so I may not take much out of that game.

m8, did you see what teams we put out for the GWS and Sydney ones? We hardly seem to have cared about winning, just playing the youth. And Port Adelaide beat us by 35 points at the MCG too last year with a weaker side from my memory.

And we lost to Adelaide by 36 points the Brett Deledio was a late withdrawal because of a flu. It was the match that we were rumoured to suffer a flu outbreak among the team.

Crows plz :hand:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back