Crows v your SANFL club

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
i am sure this would have been brought up, but my mobile is tough at searching....

So most of us had SANFL teams we barracked for growing up. Has anyone seen their team play against the Crows and do they find themselves in a state of conflict?

As a port magpies supporter I find myself in a conflict of interest. I have not seen an SANFL showdown but really want to go.....

Who has done it and did it feel odd to either barrack against the Crows or against your old club?

No conflict - I barrack for South and hope they beat the Crows Reserves by 20 goals plus - and but no injuries to either side is my compromise.
AS for Power reserves v South - is the only game I don't go to watch - until those freeloaders pay up their $400,000pa for the privilege of making the SANFL a farce.

Sturt everyday of the week. Was very painful watching them be destroyed twice by the Crows reserves.

Conversely the Ressies keep me interested in 1 other SANFL game I wouldn't normally be.

Yeah I grew up in Salisbury but never liked Central Districts for some reason....

Living in Melbourne is obviously a bit hard to actively 'support' Norwood - I keep an eye on SANFL scores and hope they win, even against SANFL Crows, but that's about it.

also I find SANFL Port Adelaide supporters who go for the Crows really quite interesting...

My Dad is Port Adelaide, but when the Crows joined the AFL he went for the Crows. When Power joined he crossed to them, but still goes for the Crows when they're not playing Port.... This kinda makes sense to me...

Yeah I grew up in Salisbury but never liked Central Districts for some reason....

Living in Melbourne is obviously a bit hard to actively 'support' Norwood - I keep an eye on SANFL scores and hope they win, even against SANFL Crows, but that's about it.

also I find SANFL Port Adelaide supporters who go for the Crows really quite interesting...

My Dad is Port Adelaide, but when the Crows joined the AFL he went for the Crows. When Power joined he crossed to them, but still goes for the Crows when they're not playing Port.... This kinda makes sense to me...
I was black and white in the SANFL and Crows in the AFL. I really started seriously following footy in 93 thanks to the Crows good season. In 97 when the Power entered the comp a few of my mates and I continued to follow the crows and magpies alike. 98 was a great year for me. There are not too many of us and Port supporters don't really understand. I was at the GF last year when we lost so that was tough. I am looking forward to my first showdown in the SANFL. Should be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go for Norward and always support them against the ravens. Honestly I don't care if the Ravens win all that much. All I want to see is development of players and fringe players finding consistent form.

Still barrack for Sturt when we play against the Crows.
The tricky thing is trying to explain to my son that he has to go for the Crows....except for a couple games a year.

Sturt everyday of the week. Was very painful watching them be destroyed twice by the Crows reserves.

Conversely the Ressies keep me interested in 1 other SANFL game I wouldn't normally be.
This is me.

Love Sturt and have done since the early 70s. I follow Sturt a little less than I used to but I still attend the odd games. I don't worry too much about who Sturt play but as above when its the Crows I look out for injuries. It seems my football watching has changed from mad passionate support to looking for patterns and how teams are set up. I also watch the Crows patterns to see who could slot into the main side

I admit I am uncomfortable calling it '' the ressies'' as that demeans the SANFL. I call it Main Side and State Side.

I hate it. I walked out of the last Adelaide v Sturt game, something I've never done. Won't be going to another AFL reserves game unless it's a final.....not that they should be playing finals IMHO.

I grew up a Centrals fan - my parents met in their cheer squad in the late 60's.

But I'm 100% Crows now.

Hope Centrals win the SANFL flag, but hope Crows win every SANFL game they play, including against the Dogs.

U Dogs! Weird one for me, I haven't lived in Adelaide for 6 years now, so harder to actively follow the Dogs. Used to head down to the Ponderosa most home games when I was young (if the Crows weren't playing). I was lucky enough to play for the club I grew up loving, so that keeps me close, but there's not that many guys that I know who are still left at the club, so will be interesting to see if my feelings wane over the coming years. Doubtful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back