Game Day Crows vs Crows trial match in Port Lincoln

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are stats available for the game? If so could someone please post them.

I was only half watching toward the end, but I thought Ned provided a fair bit of run and found some space. Thoughts?

Sorry, you’re joking right? What does Laird have to do to convince this board he’s a gun footballer?
My comment is based on the fact that Crouch and Laird are like for like. IF, and it's an IF, Crouch and Laird are both accumulating similar levels and defending at a similar level, with Crouch the better disposer of the footy, Laird's position is harder to justify with Dawson, Soligo, Rankine, Pedlar in the middle mixture

My comment is based on the fact that Crouch and Laird are like for like. IF, and it's an IF, Crouch and Laird are both accumulating similar levels and defending at a similar level, with Crouch the better disposer of the footy, Laird's position is harder to justify with Dawson, Soligo, Rankine, Pedlar in the middle mixture
I have to respectfully disagree.

Which was why I said clearly Nicks know how to coach as he saw something change to recall M.Crouch. Berry form was good late in the season for a few games but still not to his 2022 and I recall he got injured. It was always mental with M.Crouch as we all know he can play given his 2017 year when we made the Grand Final, he even briefly mentioned it in an interview when he resign about his change of form and something just clicked.
Nicks saw something? You said he was playing the same way. Are you lacking in basic football knowledge?

Nicks saw something? You said he was playing the same way. Are you lacking in basic football knowledge?
Yes, that's why he is the coach and we are just simpleton thinking we know more than him :) We don't watch and talk to M.Crouch closely during training sessions. It's like when he saw something in Thilthorpe during training so recall him and he had an excellent game the following week and that's why they earn the big buck as senior coach.

Last edited:
when laird stops putting up consistent A grade performances he will be done too

I think he lost that for a while

Definitely had something to do with who was around him and playing in a struggling team

But for a while there all he did was transfer the pressure when he got the ball
I feel it's related to his injuries, weak core, groins, legs etc, now that it's finally sorted, he has a quicker step or two, plus he can withstand the tackler keep his feet and dish to an attacking option.
When he was weaker, under duress and soreness he had no agility and would collapse with first contact making his elite hands pointless.
But from where we sit it's hard to know just how fit these guys are...

On moto g84 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laird to half back, simple. The one thing Nicksy hasn't really done is develop young guys enough in the middle. Rankine, Pedlar, Soligo, Dowling, Edwards, Rachele, Berry. Should be getting the push

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest if Crouch performs like he did at the back end of last year, with his ball use and accumulation, and if Berry hits form this year with speed and decent disposal, I would be worried if I was Laird and Sloane
Unfortunately for Berry, he probably needs an injury to either Laird or Crouch to get back into the senior side. Or if Crouch goes back to his old crab ways then Berry could come in to replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that's why he is the coach and we are just simpleton thinking we know more than him :) We don't watch and talk to M.Crouch closely during training sessions. It's like when he saw something in Thilthorpe during training so recall him and he had an excellent game the following week and that's why the earn the big buck as senior coach.
That’s one word salad

Idk if it’s been said much but Keays looked really dynamic like he was always trying to move the ball on and overall just looked cleaner and more comfortable with the ball. second ring players as whole are looking really strong.

We were playing ourselves.

Is it more likely that Keays is suddenly a superstar, or that our depth isn't very good?

Are stats available for the game? If so could someone please post them.

I was only half watching toward the end, but I thought Ned provided a fair bit of run and found some space. Thoughts?
Yeah he did , made a few clangers and didn’t outperform Keays or Murphy though

Once again I see him as useful at times as the sub

We were playing ourselves.

Is it more likely that Keays is suddenly a superstar, or that our depth isn't very good?
Irrespective of Keays ( who looks super fit and likely to play a decent forward role ) one of the key things I’d take out of looking at the game and our list is that our depth actually looks good

The new draftees x3 + Berry Dowling Nank Cook Gollant Borlaise Taylor Hamill Mchenry Burgess etc

Himmelberg looks the only one really out of his depth as a key back , and Strauchan is also pretty ordinary as a back up ruck

I like our depth , reckon our sanfl will perform really strong and almost win the flag other than comp being rigged

I like our depth , reckon our sanfl will perform really strong and almost win the flag other than comp being rigged

Might get as far as a prelim again
SANFL umpires will make sure we ain't in the gf. That last prelim the bias was blatant.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched the game last night.

rankine in the guts was sublime. A number of deft touches to team mates who got the clearance.

am salivating.
Yep, me too. Also, i know its an internal trial but thilthorpe with the contested marks and great mobility + an eye for goal has star CHF written all over him if he can do that consistently. Our own version of Nick Riewoldt

Unfortunately for Berry, he probably needs an injury to either Laird or Crouch to get back into the senior side. Or if Crouch goes back to his old crab ways then Berry could come in to replace him.

I thought Berry looked very solid in the bits of the stream I Saw,

Agree - Nicks "will back the senior boys in" early in season but really hope Berry gets a proper go to play inside mid at some stage as lets be honest, behind him there's not much ready to go to play Mid with Schoenburg injured other than raw kids.

Back