Game Day Crows Vs Giants: Take your pick. - Rd 16, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs vs his old club (and rival ruck)
Nicks vs his old club
Brother vs brother

All the spice is there.

To a lesser extent, Davis vs old club too.
Davis isn't playing

IMHO this is one of our more talented and well balanced team this year.

I expect that we will play one of our better games this year. Unfortunately this will have little influence on whether we win. GWS are very choosy when they turn it on. They often turn it on for a quarter and then dick around for the other three. They have way too much talent if they feel like playing tonight.

My measure is how much pressure we apply which was close to zero in the first half of the season. We also have to kick straight, less easy shots at goal going OOF will help but...............

”I’m telling you, we’re a chance!”.

To be honest, if I had a choice, beating Carlton would be my preference
If I had a choice we win big tonight, knock back GWS on %, then name the youngest team of the year after the short break siting ‘rested’ for anyone over 29. And then lose to CFC which gives them a shot at leapfrogging GWS for their finals spot

Ironically if you actually analyse our season, our results show many more games with intent and an inability to finish, rather then games without intent.

I think if all you are looking for is intent as your metric of success then you should be pretty happy with the season for all the games minus Port, GC, North and WB

I think you judge some of the efforts this year much more generously than I do.

IMHO this is one of our more talented and well balanced team this year.

I expect that we will play one of our better games this year. Unfortunately this will have little influence on whether we win. GWS are very choosy when they turn it on. They often turn it on for a quarter and then dick around for the other three. They have way too much talent if they feel like playing tonight.

My measure is how much pressure we apply which was close to zero in the first half of the season. We also have to kick straight, less easy shots at goal going OOF will help but...............

”I’m telling you, we’re a chance!”.

Yep, I think we are a good chance as well.
Like last week against the Hawks, teams playing 3 games in 9 days is just too much for teams to get up again. The Demons were also terrible with a similar schedule last night.
GWS having to fly to Adelaide is another positive.
And ROB to smash Jacobs in the ruck will be a big advantage for us
Hopefully we can kick straighter in front of goals tonight

A 23 point win for us would reduce the Giants to exactly 100%, 0.3% behind the Doggies and out of the 8.

If we win tonight, the Giants have an '8 point' game against Melbourne.

If the Giants win, I think only the Dogs could realistically push them out of the 8. Carlton would have to beat Syd, us and Bris, or Mel would have to beat the Giants and Essendon.

Dogs have Hawks and Dockers to come, should win those if they are a serious challenger.

Dockers beating North could push them far enough up the ladder to fall behind the GWS pick after their deficit. There's two ways Carlton could help us - pushing the Giants down the ladder or pushing Fremantle up the ladder. Maybe we should play our best to beat the Giants AND Carlton...

(but not by too much. Can't have our percentage topping North if we win those two. Richmond will probably take care of that dilemma for us.)

I think you might be confusing the terms ‘intent’ with ‘performance’

Not at all. Most games this year I saw a lot of players not showing intent.

They didn't jump to crash the pack when they had to.

They didn't go to get the hard ball.

They didn't chase at a run but at a leisurely jog.

They didn't lay the hard tackle.

Lot of players out there this year, particularly senior players, who acted like they just didn't really care.

Not at all. Most games this year I saw a lot of players not showing intent.

They didn't jump to crash the pack when they had to.

They didn't go to get the hard ball.

They didn't chase at a run but at a leisurely jog.

They didn't lay the hard tackle.

Lot of players out there this year, particularly senior players, who acted like they just didn't really care.
You watch any team in any game and you will see players guilty of those things. They are traits that are as common as a ball up!

It’s a overly simplistic brush to paint a team with. Especially a team that’s fielding as many inexperienced and underdeveloped players as we have all year.

Bottom line is we reached rock bottom right after the ISO. And since round 4 we’ve been in most games for decent chunks but got outclassed in the last quarters.

And we certainly weren’t in those game due to our skill level or fitness. We were in them from intent!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest, though - that's basically 8 points already in the bank for GWS.

It's shades of us last year the way Melbourne have given up despite a finals spot being on the line.

It's shades of us last year the way Melbourne have given up despite a finals spot being on the line.

they're such a disgrace. They should have merged when they had the chance

If I had a choice we win big tonight, knock back GWS on %, then name the youngest team of the year after the short break siting ‘rested’ for anyone over 29. And then lose to CFC which gives them a shot at leapfrogging GWS for their finals spot
This is the only logical position to take. * our pride, we need decent draft picks.

You watch any team in any game and you will see players guilty of those things. They are traits that are as common as a ball up!

It’s a overly simplistic brush to paint a team with. Especially a team that’s fielding as many inexperienced and underdeveloped players as we have all year.

Bottom line is we reached rock bottom right after the ISO. And since round 4 we’ve been in most games for decent chunks but got outclassed in the last quarters.

And we certainly weren’t in those game due to our skill level or fitness. We were in them from intent!

You go watch Richmond and see how often you see that sort of behavior.

To claim its common place is just wrong.

No pre-game Footy Express services once again

Pretty s**t for those who don't work or live in the CBD. The regular public transport in my area is shite.

You go watch Richmond and see how often you see that sort of behavior.

To claim its common place is just wrong.
I know it's different but Richmond and the word behaviour haven't exactly been used in glowing terms this season

Pretty sh*t for those who don't work or live in the CBD. The regular public transport in my area is sh*te.

Yep. It was a prick last week on the O-Bahn. A combination of school kids and footy people made the bus crowded, plus the walk from Grenfell Street instead of being dropped off close to the ground.

Good exercise I guess, but I hope the clubs are questioning what exactly they’re paying for if they’re going to drop pre-game services.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back