Game Day Crows Vs Giants: Take your pick. - Rd 16, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hoping this is our best performance of the year. If it is we are a realistic chance as the Giants generally only play well against the better teams. If we can get our pressure rating around 190 and take our chances on goal we can push them. The concern for me is Kelly and Hartigan in our backline and whether our talls in the forward line can influence the game.

Not at all. Most games this year I saw a lot of players not showing intent.

They didn't jump to crash the pack when they had to.

They didn't go to get the hard ball.

They didn't chase at a run but at a leisurely jog.

They didn't lay the hard tackle.

Lot of players out there this year, particularly senior players, who acted like they just didn't really care.
Is Atkins still here

If Ben Keays does a number on Lachie Whitfield it's game over for GWS. He's been their most productive distributor. It would be an absolute disaster to play someone like Mackay on him, it has to be Keays who can gut run and tackle him all day.

Also need guys to shut down Haynes and Greene. Limit those three players (Brown on Greene and... yeah who knows on Haynes) then we have the match

On the other side, I don't expect de Boer to have much influence. There's not much point tagging our midfielders because they haven't exactly been amazing this year.

We aren't getting off the bottom, we may as well win
It's not about our pick for winning a spoon. It's about our pick trades with other teams. We need GWS to finish as low as possible so we want a win there. On the other hand we gain nothing from beating Carlton but potentially gain from them winning if they leapfrog GWS into the 8.

If Ben Keays does a number on Lachie Whitfield it's game over for GWS. He's been their most productive distributor. It would be an absolute disaster to play someone like Mackay on him, it has to be Keays who can gut run and tackle him all day.

Also need guys to shut down Haynes and Greene. Limit those three players (Brown on Greene and... yeah who knows on Haynes) then we have the match

On the other side, I don't expect de Boer to have much influence. There's not much point tagging our midfielders because they haven't exactly been amazing this year.
I wonder if Haynes goes to Tex ?? Will more than likely outmark him and certainly outrun him. For mine we keep the ball low and it limits him.

You say it'd be a disaster. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the club do it.They seem to have unlimited faith in David Mackay

It's not about our pick for winning a spoon. It's about our pick trades with other teams. We need GWS to finish as low as possible.
Well yeah that's what I was getting at.

You say it'd be a disaster. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the club do it.They seem to have unlimited faith in David Mackay
He will play on Hill

We've bizarrely tried Mackay in "run with" roles before to little success, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we did it.

But it would be the wrong move. We need a tough player that can stop his effective disposals, not a guy that can run next to Whitfield all day without doing anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop Whitfield, stop GWS!

Not sure if there is a better barometer player for a club! Kaeys would be the logical matchup. But a left fielder would be sending Luke Brown to him regardless of where he lines up. I know everyone thinks he's going straight to Greene, but I think Browny would make Whitfields day a living hell! I doubt Whitfield has ever played on someone who was so dedicated to curbing his opponents influence!

Whitfield, Cameron, Hopper, Greene, Riccardi, Haynes are their keys. We must not kick it anywhere near Haynes as he is a contested marking beast. Where they may get us is their speed. Hamill playing would have helped us but likely next week. The major problem i see is that Walker, Berg, and Fog will be run off by the likes of Shaw, Haynes etc. The Brown match up on Greene also worries me and we also seem one tall short down back. Would have preferred Butts instead of Kelly. For us to win we need huge games from the likes of Brown, Hartigan, Mackay, Jones, Fogarty, Walker, Kelly.

Reckon we're a show this evening. GWS off a 4-day break and resting a few of their gooduns. Like the way our midfield has gone about it the last couple of weeks. MRouch to Laird who takes off with winged heels has been a delight to watch.
Win or lose, as long as we put in.

By the way Moogle. I think I officially can say I owe you a metaphorical can of coke from our "Will Poholke change people's opinion in 2020" bet that we had at the end of last year.

I'm willing to pay that bet out early.
lol. I remember that little debate but completely forgot who I had it with. Mad props for calling it out.

I ruled a line through Poholke pretty early. I think it was sometime in 2018 I remember seeing him get pinged HTB and feeling that he wasn't going to make it.

Whitfield, Cameron, Hopper, Greene, Riccardi, Haynes are their keys. We must not kick it anywhere near Haynes as he is a contested marking beast. Where they may get us is their speed. Hamill playing would have helped us but likely next week. The major problem i see is that Walker, Berg, and Fog will be run off by the likes of Shaw, Haynes etc. The Brown match up on Greene also worries me and we also seem one tall short down back. Would have preferred Butts instead of Kelly. For us to win we need huge games from the likes of Brown, Hartigan, Mackay, Jones, Fogarty, Walker, Kelly.
I think Haynes is the big one strategically if we are going to get some scoreboard pressure. And I think we possess the key to unlocking that problem. And his name is Shane McAdam!

Kick it to Shane at every forward entry until they are forced to send Haynes to him, looking at the GWS defenders McAdam is a fairly awkward matchup for pretty much everyone but Haynes IMO.

Then when they send him to McAdam, just send McAdam up the ground and kick it to everyone else!

lol. I remember that little debate but completely forgot who I had it with. Mad props for calling it out.

I ruled a line through Poholke pretty early. I think it was sometime in 2018 I remember seeing him get pinged HTB and feeling that he wasn't going to make it.
I finally ruled that line through his name against Geelong but had a flicker of hope that I was wrong last week.

I wasn't!

O'Brien will humiliate Sauce.

He won't miss a chance to destroy the bloke that unfairly held his spot for 2 years

Weirdly a big test for O'Brien this week, as he damn well should humiliate Sauce.

I think he actually has improved a bit since 2018 but still not AFL standard unfortunately.
I think he possesses every tool he needs to succeed, besides speed.

Speed in the legs and speed in decision making. And no matter how fit he's gotten, or where he's played, those traits have never gotten any better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back