davos44

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Redbacks, Adel United
As long as the boys put in a good show tonight and not have a Bulldogs/Kangas game level of rubbish I will be happy.

On another note, Hamish Ogilvie should come in before the game and give them a massive rev up.

McPherson in means Laird will be full time in the mid.

Will our effort level and desperation still be there now that we've broken our drought, or will our players be thinking ahead to the golf courses they will be playing on in two weeks' time?

betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
As long as the boys put in a good show tonight and not have a Bulldogs/Kangas game level of rubbish I will be happy.

On another note, Hamish Ogilvie should come in before the game and give them a massive rev up.

McPherson in means Laird will be full time in the mid.

"alright lads, i need you to win so i can draft an actual talented footballer to take your spot in the team"

Tonight's main event: ROB vs Sauce.

Man I would love to see ROB's game notes this week!

At least our mids should have no trouble getting hands on the ball. Matt to have 40 touches.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Will our effort level and desperation still be there now that we've broken our drought, or will our players be thinking ahead to the golf courses they will be playing on in two weeks' time?
I think it will be there still, you've got guys playing for their careers.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are 2 games and % from 2nd bottom. There should be nothing stopping us getting to win (that doesn't mean we will)

Look we beat Hawthorn when we had a 5 day longer break between games then they did.

I'll be happy if we win but to consider it likely is really not factoring in how far behind the rest of the competition (even the lower ranked sides) we've been this year.

As I said I don't care about the results, just the intent. A win will be nice but not the metric of success for me.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The Giants will give us chances, the question is are we going to be good enough to take them ??

Heading down tonight for the first time this year, I just want to see the same intent we've shown lately.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Biggest game of the season for us. Let's have a good win then put the cue in the rack for the rest of the season and get set for 2021. Although to be honest I'm not sure we ever took the cue out of the rack this year. In fact we don't even have a cue or a rack and there's a drunk guy passed out and soiling himself on our pool table.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
O'Brien will humiliate Sauce.

He won't miss a chance to destroy the bloke that unfairly held his spot for 2 years
Let's be honest, he's beaten far better rucks this year.

I'd love to see him push hard forward and blow Sauce up early

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look we beat Hawthorn when we had a 5 day longer break between games then they did.

I'll be happy if we win but to consider it likely is really not factoring in how far behind the rest of the competition (even the lower ranked sides) we've been this year.

As I said I don't care about the results, just the intent. A win will be nice but not the metric of success for me.
Ironically if you actually analyse our season, our results show many more games with intent and an inability to finish, rather then games without intent.

I think if all you are looking for is intent as your metric of success then you should be pretty happy with the season for all the games minus Port, GC, North and WB

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ironically if you actually analyse our season, our results show many more games with intent and an inability to finish, rather then games without intent.

I think if all you are looking for is intent as your metric of success then you should be pretty happy with the season for all the games minus Port, GC, North and WB

True, although we've only played 14 games. So not turning up for more than 25% of them isn't exactly good. Those non-competitive ones would probably be less of an issue for me if it was just a youth / inexperience issue since you're always going to get inconsistency there. What concerned me most about those games is that the rot actually seemed to be led by the experienced players who are expected to lead by example. Which, I suppose, they did - just not the example we wanted them to set.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
True, although we've only played 14 games. So not turning up for more than 25% of them isn't exactly good. Those non-competitive ones would probably be less of an issue for me if it was just a youth / inexperience issue since you're always going to get inconsistency there. What concerned me most about those games is that the rot actually seemed to be led by the experienced players who are expected to lead by example. Which, I suppose, they did - just not the example we wanted them to set.
To be honest I wasn’t all that surprised by the timing of those games.

The first 2 happened right after the ISO break. And the team looked like it hadn’t bought in at all (especially the senior players as you pointed out). It’s probably fair to call those what they were, and that’s the clubs rock bottom. The point in which you start again!

The other 2 were the travel games off short breaks in the condensed season. So really we’ve had 2 poor intent games in 11 rounds of football after hitting rock bottom, which to me is to be expected in a year like this. If anything it’s pretty good for such a young list!

Back