Game Day Crows Vs Kangaroos: Battle for the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good

Nicks: So fellas, who’s been performing in the scratch matches?

Reilly: I’m really liking the form of some of our youth, the likes of Knight and Atkins are still only mid 20s and have so much upside!

Nicks: That makes my decision easier then, appeases the supporters that we are still pretending to rebuild!!

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have never seen a more dispirited team than the Crows are at present........Nicks should be the only coach retained and maybe Clarke.....the rest must go because it's clear the group are not playing for this coaching group. I'm not buying that our players to a man are this bad.
But also I’m not buying that Nicks should be retained.

I was of the opinion that Nicks was deserving of a couple of years grace, but sitting here now watching this garbage I’d be totally fine with him being sacked this week. Selection has been putrid and our lack of gameplay and intensity is unforgivable.

Note: I’m not saying he should be sacked, but I certainly wouldn’t care. This is remarkably bad.
The club have set Nicks up to fail, but he is doing himself no favours either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never seen a more dispirited team than the Crows are at present........Nicks should be the only coach retained and maybe Clarke.....the rest must go because it's clear the group are not playing for this coaching group. I'm not buying that our players to a man are this bad.

Your last sentence rests with the guy who in your first sentence is the one we should keep.

I agree our senior players aren't this bad, is it gameplan/structure, belied in the message?

Nicks is an idiot (football wise), he was never the answer as a head coach, c'mon Hinkleys apprentice FFS. He lost me at round 1 when he picked Gibbs after he stunk up the preseason (and last season, Nicks obviously hasn;t watched a Crows game for 2 years) and then praised his game.

I would rather grab one of the ammo Div 1 coaches. They wouldn't put up with the crap our senior players have served up.

But also I’m not buying that Nicks should be retained.
Well you better get used to it because we can't afford to sack him after only one year. Matt Haas should be out the door no matter what it costs, our fitness is disgraceful look how easily they are running us off our feet.

Harsh. He's kicked 2 when he should have kicked 4 but he's competed well all day. I'd call that a break even game.
Gonna have to agree to disagree --- a break-even performance would be ok in a break-even game, but we've been annihilated. If he's a part of our future (keep in mind he's 25) we'll be bottom 4 for the next 5 years.

I was of the opinion that Nicks was deserving of a couple of years grace, but sitting here now watching this garbage I’d be totally fine with him being sacked this week. Selection has been putrid and our lack of gameplay and intensity is unforgivable.

Note: I’m not saying he should be sacked, but I certainly wouldn’t care. This is remarkably bad.
I seriously fear the AFL will be looking up over the top of their spectacles thinking...what’s going on here? Is that a tank rumbling along at the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back