Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
A couple of posts on here alluding to Rachelle being down on confidence. I kept an eye on him during the game and especially after the game and during the song. Just watching him makes me feel he isnt happy at the Crows. Even after a goal he doesn't smile. After the game he seemed to separate from the main group. The only time I saw him smiling was when he was signing autographs. He just doesn't seem to be a happy chappy. I hope I wrong.

Anyone else noticing this or is it my imagination.
I'd say it's largely frustration. Everything was happening very easily for him to start and now the pressure has ramped up on him and he's struggling a bit. It's not fun to feel like you're not playing well.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
North really donā€™t have any key position defenders and whats with Phillips , the mid they drafted a few years back in the top 5 picks . He was talked up a lot prior to being drafted .
Phillips has glandular fever apparently.

Wazzy36

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd say it's largely frustration. Everything was happening very easily for him to start and now the pressure has ramped up on him and he's struggling a bit. It's not fun to feel like you're not playing well.
This is it, just remembering his reaction to the 50m in the showdown shows he cares about his performance immensely. Wouldn't look into it too hard.

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
A couple of posts on here alluding to Rachelle being down on confidence. I kept an eye on him during the game and especially after the game and during the song. Just watching him makes me feel he isnt happy at the Crows. Even after a goal he doesn't smile. After the game he seemed to separate from the main group. The only time I saw him smiling was when he was signing autographs. He just doesn't seem to be a happy chappy. I hope I wrong.

Anyone else noticing this or is it my imagination.

You are overthinking it, he's a first year player likley seeing some frustration at it becoming harder for him.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was odd when they announced him since all the talk had been about him wanting to be a CEO, not a coach. Part of me thinks that due to cuts to the cap on the football department they wanted a very experienced person who had done a bit of everything to bolster the lines and help with other inexperienced areas (like List Management where they had the guy from Champion Data in), which Noble certainly has, it's just that the coaching bit is the part he has never been great at.

I think, in my expert professional opinion, that they got all clever and disappeared up their own arse.

They wanted an executive leader, managerial type coach. One who could confidently stride the dividing lines of coaching and administration.

All of which is fine, provided you can do the basics. He canā€™t

Itā€™s what happens when desperate people look for an easy out. They try to get too clever and end up outsmarting themselves

Last edited:
So far Iā€™ve read on this board that Rachele has been ā€˜Nicksā€™d, or that heā€™s not fit enough.

Heā€™s 19

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree. Absolutely ridiculous comments re Rachelle. Heā€™s finding his feet. His first few games he was playing on adrenalin, now heā€™s realising how fā€™n hard it is to play week in and week out at this level.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just stopped in over at the North board. Some of their supporters are pretty devastated. I think some of them must have thought this game was a genuine chance and weren't expecting to be thrashed.

Adelaide have been pretty bad this year but the work rate of our players is generally okay. It's evident we lack polish and top end talent but they crack in. North are more like us in 2020 where they not only lack talent, but the effort of some of their senior brigade is just not at the level.
I had a quick browse of their expectations before the game. They were up and about and pretty chirpy about their chances.

Then there were some realists also.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thought Murray had a really good game too... was competitive in the ruck.

He took some strong marks... but also what was pleasing is he didn't fly for a mark when a teammate was already in the contest.
This! Jeez weā€™re so dumb around the whole ground doing this. The number of times we have three or four defenders fly with no one waiting down is infuriating. Not so much this game today but itā€™s a regular occurrence. Same in the forward line particularly when our short people try to outmark Tex Fog McAdam and TT.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like many have mentioned the Murray in the middle was probably the most interesting development for me today. I've been wanting to see it for weeks now, and was more then happy with the result.

His level of explosion and power is really eye catching. Makes you wonder if he could actually line up as a mid for a few CBAs, just to change the look when needed.

Oh, and can Murray kick it almost 70m? Im pretty sure I saw 2 long kicks today that went waaaay over 50m.
He can certainly hoof the ball. Itā€™s the direction which can sometimes be a bit sus.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
He can get off the ground. Great to see.
Crazy how strong the bloke is.. normally to give a good ā€œdont argueā€ thats powerful enough to push your opponent arse over tit you need to be moving towards them to have all your weight behind it.

Fog does it all here as heā€™s stepping backwards away from his opponent.

Pretty much just used the strength in his arm only, to get it done.

Gotta say it was on a first gamer though!.. same thing probably wouldnt work on a Paddy Dangerfield type..

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're on a hiding to nothing with these games. Win and so you should. Lose and it's club in crisis. There's no winning.

Tarryn Thomas for Wayne Milera and a pick upgrade?

Liked us trying Murray in ruck if only because it's a structural change. We're usually so blinkered with our thinking. Hope to see more of these experimental moves in the back end of the season. Find out what we have.
Bit bemused by posters surprised by Murray doing the back up ruck and others saying their idea etc .
But as soon as team picked it was bl---y obvious ,as there totally nobody else could do.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obligatory Fog highlight gifs...

00adb33de4bcd2a3214efbfbc6da6f77.gif
f38cbe277d4af9ef394d06547f4d5dc1.gif
That mark reminds me of a basketballer rolling a ball from one arm, along their chest, and into the other arm.
So a great speccy leap as well as a party trick! :hearteyes:

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I think, in my expert professional opinion, that they got all clever and disappeared up their own arse.

They wanted an executive leader, managerial type coach. One who could confidently stride the dividing lines of coaching and administration.

All of which is fine, provided you can do the basics. He canā€™t

Itā€™s what happens when desperate people look for an easy out. They try to get too clever and end up outsmarting themselves
Crazy they didn't at least give him a senior assistant akin to Bailey's role when Sando was here.

Back