Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does it give a stat on how many were actually successful tackles? The other thing is that usually one tackles when they don't have the ball...would much prefer a lower tackle count and higher possession count!

Pretty sure for it to be a tackle, it needs to have caused a stoppage.

Otherwise it falls into pressure acts.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
coaches votes

North Melbourne v Adelaide​

10 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
8 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
2 Ben Keays (ADEL)
1 James Rowe (ADEL)

knobby

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
From the ABC on the Collingwood phone breach last year. If rules are still the same, sounds like there could be some penalty.

The AFL released a statement saying it acknowledged both players "used their phones to contact family members and/or club staff on the status of their in-game injuries".

But it said the rules "clearly state" mobile phone usage was not permitted in the change rooms "by anyone who is not an authorised device carrier".

Each club is required to submit their 10 authorised device carriers to the AFL before every match.

Mobile phone use is restricted to those 10 people, plus media staff.

"The rules, which have been in place for a long time to protect the integrity of our code, clearly state no mobile phone usage during the match. It is a rule that clubs and players have been educated about and reminded of every year," AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon said in the league's statement.

"Each club has authorised device users each match day that are there, in part, for the very reason the players used their phones — to contact family members if required. The players know this, the clubs know this, and we must adhere to this very simple but important rule to continue to protect the integrity of the game."

Collingwood released a statement describing the breach as "innocent" but said it accepted and understood the penalty.

Maybe they went through the authorised device user ??

I think part of the Collingwood issue is that the players (Howe & someone else) gained access to their phones which should have been under lock & key?

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So far I’ve read on this board that Rachele has been ‘Nicks’d, or that he’s not fit enough.

He’s 19

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think there is some merit in the discussion around how we have managed him physically and to some extent his confidence. He looks burnout which is to be expected in a bottom team but I wonder if we could have done more to stop it from getting to that point.

I think there is some merit in the discussion around how we have managed him physically and to some extent his confidence. He looks burnout which is to be expected in a bottom team but I wonder if we could have done more to stop it from getting to that point.
I just hope we have the patience with him that the Gold Coast have had with Rankine…

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
coaches votes

10 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
8 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
2 Ben Keays (ADEL)
1 James Rowe (ADEL)
5 Walker/5 Walker
4 Fogarty/4 Fogarty
3 Laird/3 Laird
2 Dawson/2 Keays
1 Rowe/1 Dawson

Seems about right

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
coaches votes

10 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
8 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
2 Ben Keays (ADEL)
1 James Rowe (ADEL)
I really hope Nicks gave Dawson 2, and Rowe 1.
Because Keays 2, 1 to Dawson.. I must have been watching a different game for Keays to have had a better game.

5 Walker/5 Walker
4 Fogarty/4 Fogarty
3 Laird/3 Laird
2 Dawson/2 Keays
1 Rowe/1 Dawson

Seems about right
Tex now our leading coaches votes for the season.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Soligo is everything I hoped McHenry to be. Not an outstanding athlete, not overly big but such a clean and balanced footballer. Doesn't mind the tough stuff in the air or on the ground, super honest. Going to be a fantastic player for us going forward.
His running has been pretty much elite since playing on the wing hasn't it? Seems pretty athletic to me.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
His running has been pretty much elite since playing on the wing hasn't it? Seems pretty athletic to me.
Yeah, his running's been top-notch. Skilled and composed too, which is what you want from a wing

That said, his work on the inside is super clean, so assuming he continues to up his ball-winning numbers, you'd want to split his time between the outside and inside

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, his running's been top-notch. Skilled and composed too, which is what you want from a wing

That said, his work on the inside is super clean, so assuming he continues to up his ball-winning numbers, you'd want to split his time between the outside and inside
If his body holds up until the end of the season I wouldn't mind giving him a game or 2 in the middle (round 21 and 22 against North and WC maybe).

Give him a taste of the guts in his rookie year. However I suspect he might begin to taper off soon, he's been up for a long time and the AFL season is draining

VB in his interview last week said they were going to look at getting him into the CBA rotations at some point.

Back