Crows vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a wretched three weeks. Last week I said you start the next game the way you finished the previous one. Well, obviously someting got lost on the flight over from Perth. Another disgraceful second quarter from the boys and to put it bluntly it ain't bloody good enough.

Collingwood were very good early and made the most of their forays into attack. The stats really show how well they used the ball, not much different between the sides, stats wise at half time, but 9 goals. Jesus, what the ----!

I am not sure what to make of all this. Burton is a find up forward (unpredictable), Bode should be on the ball and not the wing, why on earth Johncock gets dragged I don't know (if it ain't working with him down back put him up forward , again he adds a spark), Perrie could not mark a ball to save himself and the less said about Marsh the better (this bloke is a major and I mean major disappointment - no ticker!!!).

Still the great thing with this game is there is always next week. Hoefully, the boys will give the Sainters a caning....

Bloody hell that was a pathetic effort by the Crows in the first half - again just like last week we let a game get away from us by a complete lack of desparation. So what that we fought back - they should never of got themselves so far behind in the first place! I'm not one for flooding, but when teams get a run-on like that in the 2nd quarter it would be worth throwing some extra players in defence - particularly experienced ones such as Bassett. Just as well in was sunny, because otherwise the forwards would have got cold.

Players who must be dropped & NEVER return in the tri-colours - Marsh & Crowell. Both just aren't up to AFL standard & are not worth peristing with.

I doubt we will make the top-4 after today, but we should be aiming for 5th-6th, which would ensure a home final. Hopefully ok.crows curse has been lifted now we have dropped out of the top-4.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Players who must be dropped & NEVER return in the tri-colours - Marsh & Crowell. Both just aren't up to AFL standard & are not worth peristing with.

Both players are very dissapointing. Marsh had a great start but has probably played 3 reasonable games since 1999.

Crowell....im a big fan of his....but for someone of his size and speed he should be carving up games

Did you know it was the crowd's fault the Crows lost today? According to KG that is.

Very hard to cheer on a team which let's the opposition kick goodness' knows how many goals in a row without giving a whimper.

We all got the Adelaide chant up after the first two goals of C/Wood's onslaught, but by the third/fourth, our patience and temper were wearing thin.

Surely the players on the ground have to give the crowd something to cheer for. EFFORT is required, even if skill is limited. Most players looked like it was all too hard to bother.

At the start of the season, we needed to be at least 6 goals up at half time to feel like we were a chance of winning. Our second half fadeouts were terrible and even worse, predictable.

I thought THAT was bad.

Now for some stupid reason, we are waiting for the other team to pack up their kits and head for home before we start playing. If we can play football like the 4th quarters in round 13 and 14, what is going wrong in the first 90 minutes?

Someone mentioned last week we are being trained very hard in preparation for the finals. Could this be the case?? At least Blighty did that in August! If this is the case, someone should be pointing out to the coaching staff that historically eight wins don't get you in the finals!

Our midfield is clearly out of form. Our attack is nothing above average when fully fit, let alone when a player like Welshy is sidelined. And you'd have to put big question marks over our defensive strength in the last couple of weeks. I believe we are in danger of not making the eight. I would say we need four wins in the last eight games. The Crows should be able to do this, we do not have the toughest of draws. The team that has played since round 12 will not. And even if we do, will we be making up the numbers like last year?

I don't know where I'm going with this really. I hope we have a big win (or any sort of win) against the Saints next week and the team remember that the game is played over four quarters.

Originally posted by Macca19

Both players are very dissapointing. Marsh had a great start but has probably played 3 reasonable games since 1999.

Crowell....im a big fan of his....but for someone of his size and speed he should be carving up games

Could not agree more Macca, Marsh hears to many footsteps & has the softest hands in the league,
as for Crowel at times he looks like a million dollers but we can't win games on looks,

I hate wandering round like a bear with a sore head, and with the effort the boys have shown over the past three weeks that seems to be all I am doing at the moment! I am a patient person. I don't get upset with my boys often. I usually look on the bright side of losses. But I am so angry with the boys at the moment. I had a terrible feeling about the bye, I thought it might upset our momentum. Unfortuantely it looks like the boys had some time on their hands to reflect on how good our first half of the season was. I am at a total lost as to what is going through their minds. Like Gary, I wish I could unscrew their heads and have a look in, but I fear I might not find anything at all!

We have a huge game this week. If we can not beat St Kilda.......then we don't darn well deserve to be in the 8 let alone in the top 4! I am looking foward to the game, because I wan't to see just what the boys are made of. With Stevo & Smarty back it should be a bonus for us. It is a do or die game. Nothing more than a convincing win will be acceptable.

I am sure I will have calmed down a little in a few days, but right now your lucky your only getting a typed message from me, if you saw me in person you would be very scared!

As for Marsh - a useless piece of crap. Get him out now before he does anymore damage. Perrie is heading down the same track. Ladhams is not up to it either.

The only bright light was Marty Mattner. Well done lad on a good solid first game. I hope we see much more of him in the future.

GO YOU MIGHTY CROWS!!

k
xx

Originally posted by Crow54
Did you know it was the crowd's fault the Crows lost today? According to KG that is.

Very hard to cheer on a team which let's the opposition kick goodness' knows how many goals in a row without giving a whimper.

We all got the Adelaide chant up after the first two goals of C/Wood's onslaught, but by the third/fourth, our patience and temper were wearing thin.

Surely the players on the ground have to give the crowd something to cheer for. EFFORT is required, even if skill is limited. Most players looked like it was all too hard to bother.

You should support your side no matter what the score is on the ground.

I thought the actual crowd size itself was dissapointing. Only 46,000....8-9000 of which sounded like they were collingwood supporters.

I think at times the Victorian Crows supporters make more noise at Colonial or Optus Oval, than what we hear at Football Park. I was amazed watching the game yesterday and "hearing" the silence of the crowd.

The boys need the crowd to make the most noise when they are struggling.

Cheers

I'm pretty hard to silence. But once in 2000 I saw the Crows get done at the SCG by 120 odd points and eventually I stopped yelling.

The continuous barrage of goals can destroy the spirit.

And dare I say it, there are times when a footy team does not deserve it's supporters cheers and encouragement.

Yesterday was one of those days.

And dare I say it, there are times when a footy team does not deserve it's supporters cheers and encouragement.
I was so p issed off with their 2nd quarter effort that I made sure I had a chance to yell at them when they entered the race at half time. The players actually looked embarassed by their performance & so they they should have been! :mad:

The really sad thing I feel is that our boys have been good enough to win virtually every single game this year and have lost more because of their own performance than their oppositions.

Look at the Showdown, the Kangaroos at Manuka, Melbourne, West Coast and Collingwood. In every one of these games the Crows had periodic lapses and let the opposition take the game away from them. The only game I believe they were truly beaten in was the one against Essendon.

In all the others they let themselves down.

Originally posted by Macca19

You should support your side no matter what the score is on the ground.

I thought the actual crowd size itself was dissapointing. Only 46,000....8-9000 of which sounded like they were collingwood supporters.

I bloody well support them. My voice is still hoarse. But I'm no sycophant, and if they're playing **** football, they should face the consequences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Crow54

I bloody well support them. My voice is still hoarse. But I'm no sycophant, and if they're playing **** football, they should face the consequences.

i agree whole heartedly. I too think that if your team/player is playing like crap they should be told that.

But it is often the case with Crows crowds that they only cheer when they are in front and often go quiet if the opposition pile on a couple of goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back