2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Port Pirie

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 13th of July 2:40pm at Memorial Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

This game will be played a day before the AFL game so an AFL emergency will miss footy this week. Frampton I believe was our best player last week, but I think having Ryder on standy just in case Lycett isn't 100% is something we should do.

Also I expect another player will drop down (EG: Motlop), if Boak is fit to play after his back spasms meant he missed the AFL showdown.

Pudney has missed 2 games due to being sick, so perhaps he'll be back this game. Trengove still 2 weeks away with his leg cut.

If by any chance a spot is open for an SANFL listed player we could see the SANFL debut of Jackson Mead, Son of club legend Darren Mead. He spent the first half of the season playing ressies footy with WWT Eagles and is now eligible to play 4 SANFL games for Port Adelaide in the back end of this season.

Also Matty Broadbent is set to play his 50th SANFL game after playing a few dozen games at WWT Eagles earlier in his career.

Tobin Cox has a lacerated kidney and Grundy has a broken finger.

A win against top of the ladder crows would keep us in 3rd spot ahead of the mid-ladder logjam of Sturt/South/Nord/WWT Eagles.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Corcoran, Appleton, Elsworthy, Strange
OUT: Sutcliffe (AFL), Ryder (Sick), Cox (Kidney), Grundy (Finger)

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Davidson - Marshall - Johnson
C: Farrell - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Broadbent
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Hewett - Drew
INT: Appleton - Elsworthy - Strange
EMERG: Hill - Edwards

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Trengove: (Leg Laceration, 2 weeks)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 2 weeks)
Cox: (Kidney, ?)
Grundy: (Finger, ?)
Pudney: (Sick, ?)
Ryder: (Sick, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Round 7)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
J.Mead: (Can play 4 SANFL games, Currently on 0)

Last edited:

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.

This game will be played a day before the AFL game so an AFL emergency will miss footy this week. Frampton I believe was our best player last week, but I think having Ryder on standy just in case Lycett isn't 100% is something we should do.

Also I expect another player will drop down (EG: Motlop), if Boak is fit to play after his back spasms meant he missed the AFL showdown.

Pudney has missed 2 games due to being sick, so perhaps he'll be back this game. Trengove still 2 weeks away with his leg cut.

If by any chance a spot is open for an SANFL listed player we could see the SANFL debut of Jackson Mead, Son of club legend Darren Mead. He spent the first half of the season playing ressies footy with WWT Eagles and is now eligible to play 4 SANFL games for Port Adelaide in the back end of this season.

Also Matty Broadbent is set to play his 50th SANFL game after playing a few dozen games at WWT Eagles earlier in his career.

A win against top of the ladder crows would keep us in 3rd spot ahead of the mid-ladder logjam of Sturt/South/Nord/WWT Eagles.
View attachment 705430

Predicted Maggies Changes:
IN: Motlop, Pudney
OUT: Ryder (AFL Emergency), Davidson

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Cox
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Johnson
C: Motlop - Atley - Mayes
B: Grundy - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Sutcliffe - Drew
INT: Pudney - Woodcock - Hewett
EMERG: J.Mead - Davidson

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 8)
Appleton: (Last Played, Round 9)
Strange: (Last Played, Round 11)
Elsworthy: (Last Played, Round 11)
Corcoran: (Last Played, Round 11)
Cox won’t play. Left in an ambulance yesterday.

Last edited:
On Jackson Mead watch.

On one hand we may get to fast track his development a bit.

On the other hand he can't play finals, so maybe it'd be better to play one of our backup players ahead of the finals.

Will be interesting to see how our super tall squad goes against a more polished team than Westies, but that'd be pending Ryder playing SANFL again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Jackson Mead watch.

On one hand we may get to fast track his development a bit.

On the other hand he can't play finals, so maybe it'd be better to play one of our backup players ahead of the finals.
If spots are open between rounds 13-16 then he can play those games, then rounds 17-18 + finals can go to someone else.

Last edited:
I might swing by on the way home from up north... just a query, will my Club 1870 Magpies season ticket get me into the match?

Joel Garner at the end of the year wants to call us the "Flagpies".

Also we will wear a maggies version of SPP's indigenous jumper.
untitled-jpg.695051

Tobin Cox has a lacerated kidney and Grundy has a broken finger.

View attachment 705430

Predicted Maggies Changes:
IN: Motlop, Pudney, Corcoran, J.Mead
OUT: Ryder (AFL Emergency), Cox (Kidney), Grundy (Finger), Davidson

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Johnson
C: Motlop - Atley - Mayes
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Sutcliffe - Drew
INT: Pudney - Hewett - J.Mead
EMERG: Davidson - Elsworthy

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Cox: (Kidney, ?)
Grundy: (Finger, ?)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 8)
Appleton: (Last Played, Round 9)
Strange: (Last Played, Round 11)
Pudney might be another week away unfortunately.

With all respect, I'm totally over indigenous jumpers.

3 weeks at AFL level (Including a game in China) is excessive. Should just be 1 week at AFL and SANFL level.

With all respect, I'm totally over indigenous jumpers.
For now random reasons it's now getting too I'd agree. If we ever got the PB's back as our home guernsey I wouldn't mind each years Indigenous one as our non-clash away strip. Of course then we'd reveal our design earlier than other clubs, but no big deal there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back