2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Port Pirie

So did the AFL upgrades for the JLT game in February mean this game was always on the cards, or have the sanfl dipped into their pockets and paid for a few more minor upgrades?

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'm assuming this is the side. No Jackson Mead.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Motlop, Corcoran, Appleton
OUT: Ryder (AFL Emergency), Cox (Kidney), Grundy (Finger)

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Johnson
C: Motlop - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Broadbent
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Sutcliffe - Drew
INT: Hewett - Davidson - Appleton
EMERG: Elsworthy - Strange

Motlop was named in the 18 so he's definitely not playing for the Magpies this week. The out for Boak will be one of Bonner, Duursma, Butters, S. Gray or SPP.

Motlop was named in the 18 so he's definitely not playing for the Magpies this week. The out for Boak will be one of Bonner, Duursma, Butters, S. Gray or SPP.
I'm gonna guess like for like Boak for SPP

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
- POWER: Boak is the only inclusion wasn't named for the SANFL match. In my opinion, he will be the only change against Fitzroy. SPP will be the emergency for the Power; while Ryder, Sutcliffe, and McKenzie play for the Magpies in Port Pirie.

- MAGPIES: With Ryder, Sutcliffe, and Mckenzie in, there would still be three spots available for our SANFL-only players. Eight of them were listed. Of those, Davidson and Corcoran will most certainly play; and Elsworthy should be the last name to complete our lineup. Those three are the ones who have played the most this season. Hill, Appleton, Edwards, Strange, and Wong would be unlucky.

----
I'm gonna guess like for like Boak for SPP

Regardless, whoever gets out, he won't play against West Lakes.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Depending on weather forecast I think they'll hold Ryder back if Sunday looks dry, if Sunday looks wet I think they'll hold back Sutcliffe.

Really looking forward to this, on paper we should win, but it'll be a huge test for how being ultra tall impacts us. Last week it wasn't exposed, but it might be this week against a far better side.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Perhaps, we should have inverted the details for the Magpies' guernsey: the stripes, on the top right; the "circles," on the bottom left. The way it is, it got a bit empty on the center, didn't it?

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
- POWER: Boak is the only inclusion wasn't named for the SANFL match. In my opinion, he will be the only change against Fitzroy. SPP will be the emergency for the Power; while Ryder, Sutcliffe, and McKenzie play for the Magpies in Port Pirie.

- MAGPIES: With Ryder, Sutcliffe, and Mckenzie in, there would still be three spots available for our SANFL-only players. Eight of them were listed. Of those, Davidson and Corcoran will most certainly play; and Elsworthy should be the last name to complete our lineup. Those three are the ones who have played the most this season. Hill, Appleton, Edwards, Strange, and Wong would be unlucky.

----

Regardless, whoever gets out, he won't play against West Lakes.

I actually think all of Corcoran, Davidson and Elsworthy will play. Alberton last Sunday we talked in our group the 4 contracted lads would be in finals, all of us said those 3 and most likely Mitch Mead.

So Ryder might be sick and could miss this game, SPP should be in here, Duursma will probs be an emergency and Ladhams might be as well because Lycett isn't 100%?

We may end up having Hayes rucking today with Frampton/Marshall/Hill up forward.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
So Ryder might be sick and could miss this game, SPP should be in here, Duursma will probs be an emergency and Ladhams might be as well because Lycett isn't 100%?

We may end up having Hayes rucking today with Frampton/Marshall/Hill up forward.
Hopefully Ladhams plays, could handle Ryder being held back, but want Ladhams to keep this form rolling and keep getting regular games

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm assuming this is the side. No Jackson Mead.

Maggies Changes:
IN: SPP, Corcoran, Appleton, Hill, Elsworthy
OUT: Sutcliffe (AFL), Ladhams (AFL Emergency), Ryder (Sick), Cox (Kidney), Grundy (Finger)

Maggies Side:
F: Hill - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Davidson - Marshall - Johnson
C: Farrell - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Broadbent
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Hayes - Powell-Pepper - Drew
INT: Hewett - Appleton - Elsworthy
EMERG: Strange - Edwards

Good opportunity for Hayes. First time he gets to lead the ruck post ACL.

Woke up this morning and realised my plans were cancelled for the day, thought yesss, head to watch the Magpies play, then the long slow realisation they were playing in Pirie.

To drive 3 hours or sit at home with some whisky. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woke up this morning and realised my plans were cancelled for the day, though yesss, head to watch the Magpies play, then the long slow realisation they were playing in Pirie.

To drive 3 hours or sit at home with some whisky. Decisions, decisions.
Stay at home with a good Scottish Whisky .. watch Port thrash the crows ... will warm the cockles of your heart .. :p o_O

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
No idea what they're like because I couldn't care less but as always keen to see how we play. More link-up play with h/balls and shorter kicks
like last week and we should do ok. Checked the weather and it looks good. It might be a 50/50 crowd and probably a big one too.

Go boys..... step on their throats.

Carn the Maggies

Back