2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Port Pirie

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
I only watched the last quarter, had a quick read of the Crows board and they are gushing over Fogarty. Check his stats. Not that impressive. They seem to massively over rate this guy.
Yeh I don't get the love for Fog. Just average

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yea we have a real balance issue with talls I mean it's a good problem to have but I'm not playing Ladhams as a forward/pinch hit over Frampton as Bill is the better forward by a long stretch.

Ladhams has become a very good young Ruck but he needs to play solely in that role at AFL level IMO add in Hayes coming through it's gonna be a dilemma to keep them all.
Absolutely!

We need to ship Ryder off for whatever we can get at this stage, Ladhams I’d be taking good offers for, Billy I’d be desperate to keep, same for Hayes and Marshall.

The good thing is we won’t exactly lose all of them, and we should be able to get something good at the trade table unlike with Lobbe/Pittard/Neade/Hombsch.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Frampton has the Brett Chalmers about him. Could become an SANFL superstar, but I'm not entirely convinced it will translate to the next level on a consistent basis, and I assume the coaching staff are still feeling that way.... Not quite tall enough to AFL ruck, not necessarily as agile as modern forwards seem to require, but does the basics well and dominates at the lower level.

Regardless his form is so good we need to give him a chance. He needs to be given a stint in the AFL to define it one way or the other. The 2 weeks he got were a complete mixed bag, one effort was fantastic, contested grabs and goals. The other was about as bad as any forward could play. We need to work out which effort is where his performances will land in the AFL on a consistent basis.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Had no impact. He's too fat and slow. The things they probably love he wouldn't get away with at afl level. Sling tackles, late hits, cheap shots, plus the fend offs and breaking through tackles that works against less developed players

But he sure can chew a piece of gum. According to BT that’s showing a bit of confidence in yourself.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Top 7 possession players ...

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just can’t believe we’ve gone from Dixon, Ryder and Westhoff as our only options as AFL key forwards/ruckman to Lycett, Hayes, Frampton, Ladhams, Marshall, Howard, Westhoff AND Ryder all being capable of playing in just 4 months??

The only new recruit was Lycett as well.

Just unbelievable.

I think back a few years when our developing forwards were John Butcher and literally no one else worth mentioning! Great position to be in, but far out we need to get some signatures!

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
That was a bloody good performance though, exciting stuff. Good ball use, good speed of movement, tall targets, tough mids, solid rebounding out of defence.

We were hammered in the clearances and that really kept the Crows in it. If it wasn't for Jacobs it would've been a thrashing.

Frampton has become the kick for goal that Marshall should be. Marshall who was good late but poor early, missed 2 shots again today for 0.1, so that's 0.5 from his last 7 shots.

Atley was dynamic, and used the ball extremely well. Broadbent was outstanding. Lienert was a rock. Woodcock is only getting better. Drew, Mayes, AJ and Hewett were good. Appleton, Corcoran and Davidson showed they could well be good enough to take us to an SANFL flag if we can get the right Power players qualified for the finals.

Can't wait to watch the Glenelg game. We could well have several players coming in. Trengove, Pudney, Sutcliffe, SPP & Ryder. So selection will be interesting.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Broady is putting the pressure on Bonner's spot. And Frampton is putting pressure on Dougal's spot! Seems like we have quite a few options at the moment.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Frampton’s game against Hawthorn was nowhere near as bad as many continue to suggest. Dixon has had his share of games like that for us too.
Yea I don't get the stuff about his height or agility either Ladhams is roughly the same height might have a cm on him, his agility is very good for his size he's just not the roaming big tank type.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Couple of things I noticed over the course of the afternoon.

Farrell looks good as a wingman, he hits targets I50.
The Watts role is something Marshall could play to help him become a regular AFL player.
Today convinced me that Woodcock can play AFL. Impressed by his overhead marking and goalkicking.
Corcoran could become something, eventually.
Frampton as a 2nd or 3rd tall forward looks promising.

Only thing that disappointed me was the clearances, but we had a few players out that would quickly correct that.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good win by the Maggies, I'm tempted to say Wild Billy is the future, but maybe I better not. :rolleyes:

Only the tingles could draft a campaigner with a head like Galluci, he looks like a WW 1 pilot whose Sopwith Camel got shot down by the red baron. :moustache:

:p:D:p:D:p

Fivepots

hmm
Nov 20, 2018
south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just can’t believe we’ve gone from Dixon, Ryder and Westhoff as our only options as AFL key forwards/ruckman to Lycett, Hayes, Frampton, Ladhams, Marshall, Howard, Westhoff AND Ryder all being capable of playing in just 4 months??

The only new recruit was Lycett as well.

Just unbelievable.

I think back a few years when our developing forwards were John Butcher and literally no one else worth mentioning! Great position to be in, but far out we need to get some signatures!

Yep who's responsible for dis ??

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Our depth is the best it's been for a number of years now. We have a lot of players in the twos who are keeping some of the A-graders on their toes:

Mayes -> Motlop
Broadbent -> Bonner
Frampton -> Howard
Woodcock/Farrell -> Butters/Rozee
Drew/Atley -> SPP
Marshall -> Westhoff
Ladhams -> Lycett

Not to mention players like Garner, Marshall, Lienert, McKenzie and Hayes who are all looking ready to play AFL. Not to mention Ryder, Watts and Trengove who didn't even play today.

**** me we have some contracts to sign!

Back