Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Good win by the Maggies, I'm tempted to say Wild Billy is the future, but maybe I better not. :rolleyes:

Only the tingles could draft a campaigner with a head like Galluci, he looks like a WW 1 pilot whose Sopwith Camel got shot down by the red baron. :moustache:

Reminds me of Cool McCools Dad

71C3E16D-6509-4A5B-B82F-039555EBD556.jpeg

Yea I don't get the stuff about his height or agility either Ladhams is roughly the same height might have a cm on him, his agility is very good for his size he's just not the roaming big tank type.
Billy doesn't have the best turning circle but running in a straight line he's pretty bloody quick for a big dude.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watched most of the game. What i noticed most was the aggression we had from pretty much everyone mainly frampton that bump wow. wilson had no idea where he was afterwards. Then guys like aj who were zipping through contests but still attacking the ball with vigor and tackling like a maniac. Even saw marshall with some carry on after a crows player disposed of the ball.

I really want woodcock to debut this year but i cant see how/when

I really want woodcock to debut this year but i cant see how/when
If Sutcliffe can get a game, them Woodcock can - provided he sucks up to which ever coach Cam sucked up to.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
I just can’t believe we’ve gone from Dixon, Ryder and Westhoff as our only options as AFL key forwards/ruckman to Lycett, Hayes, Frampton, Ladhams, Marshall, Howard, Westhoff AND Ryder all being capable of playing in just 4 months??

The only new recruit was Lycett as well.

Just unbelievable.

I think back a few years when our developing forwards were John Butcher and literally no one else worth mentioning! Great position to be in, but far out we need to get some signatures!
Organic growth.

Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our depth is the best it's been for a number of years now. We have a lot of players in the twos who are keeping some of the A-graders on their toes:

Mayes -> Motlop
Broadbent -> Bonner
Frampton -> Howard
Woodcock/Farrell -> Butters/Rozee
Drew/Atley -> SPP
Marshall -> Westhoff
Ladhams -> Lycett

Not to mention players like Garner, Marshall, Lienert, McKenzie and Hayes who are all looking ready to play AFL. Not to mention Ryder, Watts and Trengove who didn't even play today.

**** me we have some contracts to sign!
Frampton 🔜Howard...
not at all will he replace with Doogs...
Doogs plays Fwd/Defence/Ruck...
Billy not even close..

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Next week against Richmond would be a good game for Billy; Dixon, Dougal & Billy would be a handful as the Tigers backs are undermanned.
Woodcock coming on nicely. If his form continues, when Rozee/ Butters get a rest he'll get a chance.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd be putting Ladhams in there too. If he goes to the Crows I'll drink five bottles of Jack Daniels straight.
We move Ryder on and keep all our young talls hopefully but clubs will be knocking on the door for Pete & Billy with the more opportunity carrot dangling.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On the back of this
We move Ryder on and keep all our young talls hopefully but clubs will be knocking on the door for Pete & Billy with the more opportunity carrot dangling.

We should still have a fair chunk of spare cash lying around. Hopefully that's a decent carrot... plus Ryder leaving

ButteredBun

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We've gone from no rucks when Jackson had to be played out of position to a riches of young talls. I'd rather we are where we are right now. Scotty is our man. But hes susceptible to an injury. It's hard. Broges is setting things straight while punching crows supporters.

Had no impact. He's too fat and slow. The things they probably love he wouldn't get away with at afl level. Sling tackles, late hits, cheap shots, plus the fend offs and breaking through tackles that work against less developed players

Look at his role model. ;)

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was a great effort today. Firstly well done to the top up boys all played very well.
Obviously big Billy was great also loved woodcocks game going to be a handy little player. Garner will be a very good player for us and special mention to Broady was great to see him playing so well .
As others have said our depth is very good and we just need to make sure we keep the ones we want to keep. If it means we move paddy on then so be it .

Back