2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Port Pirie

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Club website

A large crowd of locals and travellers piled into Memorial Oval in Port Pirie for the SANFL Showdown between Port Adelaide and Adelaide on Saturday.
The Magpies had plenty of contributors, including six goals from Billy Frampton and 38 disposals from Matthew Broadbent in a runaway 30-point victory over arch rivals and ladder leaders, the Crows.

Take that Nord supporters!!

That's okay - all the other SANFL teams are represented in the carefully chosen colours of The Adelaide Football Club.

Howard might start feeling a little pressure coming from frampton?
6 goals is a great return he is one of the players I would love to see some in and take his chances.

Play both

6 goals is a great return he is one of the players I would love to see some in and take his chances.

My thoughts exactly. Howard is a bit of an in between key forward/ defender but Frampton is a dead set talent as far as a key forward goes. Billy really must become Charlie Dixon's apprentice up forward.

Why is Howard feeling pressure and not Dixon?

Good question but Dixon is an expensive unit so Hinkley and co probably want to give him every chance to get back into the groove. I know where you are coming from as Charlie did not get a lot of the ball last week. His body work and attack on the ball were good and he made his presence felt physically but he didn't do a lot possession wise. I think Charlie has to take some marks and kick some goals as well as provide the physical stuff. If he cannot do that over the next few weeks then I would not object to him finding more of the ball in the SANFL while Frampton and Howard get a chance to work up forward.

Charlie has to get a chance to get back into the swing of AFL footy but you are right he has to find more of the footy and should not be exempt from scrutiny.

Dixon is a presence up forward around around ground even when he's not getting the ball. He hurts people. There is no way he's under pressure. Our defence is better with Howard back there.

Marshall is a great Westhoff replacement. It's a no brainier that they can all play together

Nothing against Howard. Love Howard.
But if dixon or Howard are going to be dropped we all know it will be Howard inless dixon falls off a cliff.

All 3 have enough speed ect to be able to play together and not be to tall and cause the opposition headaches.

I know lots of us have wanted Billy in before now but I’m starting to think he’s actually developing and coming along beautifully.
As long as we don’t lose him in the meantime he’s very close to making a real impact and any time now he’ll make his way back in and maybe stay there this time
But, but, but ... some would have it that players can only develop if played in the AFL team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing against Howard. Love Howard.
But if dixon or Howard are going to be dropped we all know it will be Howard inless dixon falls off a cliff.

All 3 have enough speed ect to be able to play together and not be to tall and cause the opposition headaches.

Dixon was putrid that first quarter

Off topic, but I was there the night that Jimmy joined the Boss at Hanging Rock and sang Tougher Than The Rest in that video, although he also sung it the night before there, (drove there straight after we beat Melbourne Rd 1 2013 at the MCG) and though it was a bloody strange choice of song to sing the part that Patti would sing. Bruce even had a laugh about it. But I saw Jimmy tell the story why he chose it in the video below, despite knowing a lot of other of Bruce's song and what its meant to him over the last 30 years.

We used to be Tougher Than The Rest. We used to play like that. But maybe we need to do what Jimmy said, he would sing it to himself, when he thought he was falling apart, and then try and be tougher than the rest. These days at the moment, the club is like a line from another Boss song - Glory days, well they'll pass you by, Glory days.

6560ZEa.png

DD8nYkV.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back