2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 7th of August. 3:30pm at Adelaide Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Duursma has been called up, Rozee, Butters and Fantasia, and possibly Robbie Gray all being fit next week for the AFL side could make Mayes, Lienert, Woodcock, McEntee, Frederick and Garner drop down here. Wildman will have his hammy assessed and Samblich will have his calf assessed. Sam Hayes' finger will be assessed and Schofield may return from his hammy injury as well.

This game could on the same day as the AFL game, so the sub can't play (EG: Marshall).

Must win game to keep our season alive.
1626590296971.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Lienert, Frederick, McEntee, Woodcock, Mayes, Garner, Sutcliffe
OUT: Duursma (AFL), Hartlett (Knee), Cheesman, Wong, Edwards, Wildman, Strange

F: Goldsack - Lord - Williams
HF: Moore - Weidemann - McEntee
C: Mead - Appleton - Woodcock
HB: Frederick - Pasini - Lienert
B: Corcoran - Clurey - Garner
R: Hayes - Sutcliffe - Mayes
INT FROM: Carter - Samblich - Aldridge - Westbrook

Last edited:

Tough to get into the Top-5 with our %, even going 4-0 (let alone, 3-1).
Damn tough.

We really need to go 4-0 (Glenelg, Adelaide, Sturt & South) and then either North to beat South or Norwood lose to both of North and Glenelg then and we are in a game clear.

If we go 3-1, we then still need the above sides to drop those games (and get touched up) but then need a couple of 100 points wins against Adelaide and Sturt to make up for our appalling percentage. 13.66% behind Norwood and 17.65% behind South.
If the above side don't drop a second game then we need to go 4-0 and have massive wins against Adelaide, Sturt but probably also against South to jump them.

Glenelg were unbeaten over the first 10 rounds of the 1981 season, Port beat them by 21 points at Glenelg Oval to break their streak.

That was the game where this famous photo was taken

63ff7e21add46318c635d9275c17ff4c

Port went on to win the grand final, destroying the Bays in the second semi and grand finals.

Not so confident of repeating those heroics this time around.

40 years ago, oh my.

No sanfl games this weekend. Will be interesting to see what happens if the crows and us are away long term.
Surely the season just gets pushed back a week, is there a bye somewhere later?

Surely the season just gets pushed back a week, is there a bye somewhere later?
I'm sure that's the plan if the lockdown is short. I was more thinking if the AFL teams are stuck in Melbourne for a long time and the SANFL continues. But I guess if the situation is good enough for the SANFL to continue then it will be good enough for Port and the Crows to return. But you never know with the AFL...

If the season does continue in one or two weeks we should (hopefully) have a bunch of players back from injury and maybe be somewhat competitive against Glenelg. So I guess that is an upside.

Glenelg were unbeaten over the first 10 rounds of the 1981 season, Port beat them by 21 points at Glenelg Oval to break their streak.

That was the game where this famous photo was taken

63ff7e21add46318c635d9275c17ff4c

Port went on to win the grand final, destroying the Bays in the second semi and grand finals.

Not so confident of repeating those heroics this time around.

40 years ago, oh my.
Brilliant photo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant photo!

Carey had pushed Granger in the back to win a ruck contest, but tapped it straight to Craig Ebert who goaled. Dave let him know what he thought of that result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back