Remove this Banner Ad

Grandaddy J

All Australian
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Not sure what more Eddy and Frampton need to do. They deserve to be playing AFL. Would probably be tricky to fit both though.

Frampton's still got a lot to work on, which shows how ridiculously high his ceiling is. Needs to fill out a bit more before he can really have a crack in the ruck, and his disposal at times leaves much to be desired. In a perfect world I'd have him playing AFL now but I can see their reasoning for holding him back.

Eddy on the other hand needs to play AFL and needs to stay there for the year. Far, far too good for SANFL.

Portstar Johnny

Debutant
Jul 20, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Loved everything about Bonner's game today. Even when sold into trouble he managed to extricate his way out and hit a target. Thought Krak was great and played his role. Eddy outstanding. Billy very good and Toumpas one clanger but geez he's got great hands.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Turned up to the TV when we were 3 goals down. the first thing that was mentioned by the commentators was how we had started badly in every game, so I wasn't worried. As it was that confidence ended up being well-founded.
Another monster game from Summerton and dominance up forward and in the air from Eddy, Krakouer, Frampton and Howard. Riley Bonner played a great game off half-back but he's one who'll find it hard to get into the AFL team.

4NhyzGp.png

6Dbk8VI.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Grange

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Howards return from an ACL has been extraordinary. He's lost none of his pace or athleticism, nor has he lost any of his confidence in taking the game on and having a run.

To have Howard, Austin, Eddy & Frampton all knocking down the selection door is an excellent situation to be in. To have Ladhams and Marshall there developing as well. We've finally got acceptable tall depth for the first time since about 2002.
Macca where do see a) Doogs best spot b) what position do you see him playing in the Power team....
Must admit i like him as a tall mobile CHB

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Toump and Bonner putting pressure on Houston and Hamish.

Krak must be considered to come in for Young

Don't think any of them are putting pressure on at present. I think we have possibly 3 or 4 players who could improve the Power in the long term if we could get games into them Atley, Johnson Port obviously rate Palmer and there's Doogy as well. I think is really a reversal the Power players at present are putting pressure on the Magpie players to perform. If you have a poor week someone else is under notice if a spot opens up.

Macca where do see a) Doogs best spot b) what position do you see him playing in the Power team....
Must admit i like him as a tall mobile CHB

I like him both at CHB and also at CHF. I think he's got a future for sure

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seems to me like Drew is taking a bit longer to find his feet at this level.

Positives:
1) KPP depth is growing nicely. Strange that Eddy's kicking has been off but good to see him get some goals.
2) Reasonable return of Gus and White was good until he hurt his hammy. I'm not sure where they fit in the AFL side
3) Toumpas is playing well, not sure there is a spot for him at AFL but at least he is giving it everything.
4) Snelling, Atley and Bonner are all putting their hands up

Negatives:
1) Considering the contract extension for Neade, and the rookie upgrade of Krak, I'd really want these guys dominating. Maybe I'm being harsh, but where was Krak's defensive work and why is Neade still burning the ball?
2) Lobbe should be killing the SANFL, 8 touches really not enough. Ah Chee probably the same.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Toump is a very good player for us at sanfl level, but he should never be considered at Afl level, way too slow to play that same role he plays at the maggies for the power.

Yea this is the problem for the Toump. He isn't going to play that same role at AFL, so if he does get the call up where will he play and will he be suitably ready for that?

For his career development and survival, I wonder if it would be better pushing him into a role that he is more likely to play at AFL level or maybe be coaches are just wanting to build his confidence before trying home somewhere else?

Seems to me like Drew is taking a bit longer to find his feet at this level.

Positives:
1) KPP depth is growing nicely. Strange that Eddy's kicking has been off but good to see him get some goals.
2) Reasonable return of Gus and White was good until he hurt his hammy. I'm not sure where they fit in the AFL side
3) Toumpas is playing well, not sure there is a spot for him at AFL but at least he is giving it everything.
4) Snelling, Atley and Bonner are all putting their hands up

Negatives:
1) Considering the contract extension for Neade, and the rookie upgrade of Krak, I'd really want these guys dominating. Maybe I'm being harsh, but where was Krak's defensive work and why is Neade still burning the ball?
2) Lobbe should be killing the SANFL, 8 touches really not enough. Ah Chee probably the same.
So 5 goals not good enough?

Maybe I'm being harsh but he is a senior player and his role at AFL would be as a crumbing small forward who applies defensive pressure, ie he would probably take Sam Gray's position. Does 10 touches and 1 tackle in a good win justify that?
10 touches, 1 tackle and 5 goals.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Maybe I'm being harsh but he is a senior player and his role at AFL would be as a crumbing small forward who applies defensive pressure, ie he would probably take Sam Gray's position. Does 10 touches and 1 tackle in a good win justify that?
7 shots on goal, 5 goals, a few goal assists. In a game where the Crows dominated clearances and inside 50's.

Yes you're being harsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back