2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 4 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry the stats I posted had some errors in it, and missing the best players list

Qvjq2rr.png

Maybe I'm being harsh but he is a senior player and his role at AFL would be as a crumbing small forward who applies defensive pressure, ie he would probably take Sam Gray's position. Does 10 touches and 1 tackle in a good win justify that?

I feel the same way you do. Kraks goals were great, but thats all he did.

Puddy

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ade.Utd.SOCCER club
I dont see why we dont try to turn Lobbe into a Mumford type ruckman. Get him onto steak and potatoes and get him to put on 10kgs

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to see Eddy put on a clear BOG performance. Young has struggled this season probably time to make the swap.

Nice to see Monfries working his way into the game so well - he'd be one I'd also consider as bringing in but given there is a bit of similarity in the spot he is fighting with Young and Eddy for in our forward line I don't see an issue for him to continue building for another week or two.

Excellent games by Frampton and Bonner by the looks as well, whilst don't think they are in the immediate frame for selection certainly bodes well for them breaking through in the near future.

The reports on Neade's game were that he was poor - 22 touches, 5 tackles and a goal suggest otherwise, for those who saw was it his disposal/composure that was the issue?

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
We had a lot of players who looked a cut above SANFL yesterday; Bonner, Krak, Eddy, Dougal, Monfries, Toumpas to name a few. Very confident that these guys could walk straight into the West Coast game if required. Angus Monfries is a bonafide super star at this level.

Neades game was bazaar. He kept looking in to the corridor and kicking it to a nest of crows players. Skill errors can be fixed but poor decision making at this stage of his career is hard to remedy.

Lobbe is the same dinosaur as he is at AFL level. Wonder if we will need to make a call on his contract to help Ladhams and co. develop.

Also, Lienert has a ******* cannon of a right leg. Still needs to get a little fitter and stronger but he has more than enough AFL traits to suggest he could make it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is anyone concerned about Framptons genuine ruck ability? I don't think he'll get there. Is undersized and was drafted as a CHF with not much jump. I loved him in his juniors and wanted him a long way out because of how good his hands are, but not as a pure ruck and I don't think he's making the required progress. Surely becoming a Trengove fwd type player. I think it would be best to try fast track the forwards game from this point over the ruck.

He's definitely afl quality just small positional changes needed even if he wants to be a pure ruck. Would love to see him kick 2 goals a game from CHF and bursts in the ruck. I note it's already happening but just would like to see us go further down that path.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Is anyone concerned about Framptons genuine ruck ability? I don't think he'll get there. Is undersized and was drafted as a CHF with not much jump. I loved him in his juniors and wanted him a long way out because of how good his hands are, but not as a pure ruck and I don't think he's making the required progress. Surely becoming a Trengove fwd type player. I think it would be best to try fast track the forwards game from this point over the ruck.

He's definitely afl quality just small positional changes needed even if he wants to be a pure ruck. Would love to see him kick 2 goals a game from CHF and bursts in the ruck. I note it's already happening but just would like to see us go further down that path.

201cm tall. Hardly undersized. Agree though, I think he doesn't leap too well. More a KPP type than a ruck.

Good that plenty of guys putting up their hands for AFL - Gus, Arch, Palmer, Doogs, Eddy, Krak, Toump, Bonner. Good possie for the club to be in.

I've said for a while now Frampton's best chance is to come in as a third tall forward and give relief ruck minutes for Ryder. He has David Hynes-like mobility and sure hands. But Trengove performing as a forward shuts the door on that for now. Just needs to be patient.

Looking at him next to Lobbe I'd say he goes over 200cm now. His centre bounce work is ok but the big lumbering crow rucks pushed him off the ball in around the ground ruck contests. He killed them as a midfield option.

Really is a delicate balance about how strong we want to make the base of the pyramid.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just registered that Summerton was our only non-AFL listed player.

If Boak comes back in this week, and with Palmer and Johnson to also play, what then happens?

Is it possible for Summerton to be forced to be omitted?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've said for a while now Frampton's best chance is to come in as a third tall forward and give relief ruck minutes for Ryder. He has David Hynes-like mobility and sure hands. But Trengove performing as a forward shuts the door on that for now. Just needs to be patient.

Looking at him next to Lobbe I'd say he goes over 200cm now. His centre bounce work is ok but the big lumbering crow rucks pushed him off the ball in around the ground ruck contests. He killed them as a midfield option.

Really is a delicate balance about how strong we want to make the base of the pyramid.

The chook's ruckman Craig, who is listed at only 195 cm in the budget ( but they are regularly wrong re the height and weight of players ) pantsed Wild Billy at the centre bounce downs, particularly in the first half last week.

Your David Hynes comparison is an interesting one, but probably not too wide of the mark, and I agree, if Billy makes it at the top level, it is likely to be as a forward/occasional ruck, than as the number one ruckman.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
201cm tall. Hardly undersized. Agree though, I think he doesn't leap too well. More a KPP type than a ruck.

Good that plenty of guys putting up their hands for AFL - Gus, Arch, Palmer, Doogs, Eddy, Krak, Toump, Bonner. Good possie for the club to be in.
Regarding Frampton. With a full year with the maestro - Ladey - I think that his rucking smarts will go through the roof. Then he will be able to add that to his already around the ground and forward play skills. Watch out he will be a monster!

If frampton makes it, it will be as a fwd/ruck.

His lack of leap doesnt concern me too much. More than half the ruckmen in the league arent leapers

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I just registered that Summerton was our only non-AFL listed player.

If Boak comes back in this week, and with Palmer and Johnson to also play, what then happens?

Is it possible for Summerton to be forced to be omitted?
Yes. We've talked about it a fair bit here. Next week if Boak is fine we will have only 1 injury, White. Which means that 1 Power player will miss the week entirely and Summerton will have to play reserves. It wouldn't surprise though if we have a couple players miss with general soreness though so that Summerton can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back