Rankor

Cancelled
May 31, 2011
Cheltenham
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
newcastle united
you have to ask the question why has it taken the coaching group 2 years to realise Krak's best possy is as a forward pocket, just saying,
Imagine if they realised where Salter should have been played.

The Krak is probably better forward but he is still massively lazy. Never puts pressure on.

Gravel

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On Summo, I can't recall 1 bad game in the 199. However, I do recall a rule saying the SANFL captain can always play but there have been many changes made to the AFL listed players rules by the SANFL/Clubs so not sure if this still applies?. Bittersweet that we get all the AFL listed in the same side playing the same gameplan and in their correct positions, but guys like Louey Sharrad, Robbie Young, Luke Reynolds and Beimers have to make way.

ive been watching Harrison Wigg for 2 years and im yet to see this brilliant leg he is supposed to have, by all means he's not a bad kick but i just dont know why people seem to think its any better than average. Id be very surprised if he has a significant AFL career, he's a undersized half back flanker with very little inside grunt. #jimmytoumpas

then he will get a shot in the AFL side and look good like the rest of them do in a good system.
blokes like Lyons * off and look terrible.
game is all about system these days and the crows are the best at it.

ive been watching Harrison Wigg for 2 years and im yet to see this brilliant leg he is supposed to have, by all means he's not a bad kick but i just dont know why people seem to think its any better than average. Id be very surprised if he has a significant AFL career, he's a undersized half back flanker with very little inside grunt. #jimmytoumpas

He's a poor man's Sam Colquhoun.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What caught my attention was White having an impact on the game without a lot of touches. He individually started the momentum in that second term. He is quick. Monfries played well, Bonner has improved, Frampton was good and impacted the game and is quite a good mark. Eddy took a while to get going and I think started playing better when he just played like Eddy likes to play. Krak, while kicking a few, would have been exposed at AFL. DOUGAL HOWARD, WELL, WHAT A SURPRISE. First time I have seen him play this year and he will play AFL. Toumpas is building nicely and his defensive play is slowly getting better. Half back and occasional wing seems to be his place.

I can not recall seeing Ladhams in ruck, which is what we recruited him for.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On Summo, I can't recall 1 bad game in the 199. However, I do recall a rule saying the SANFL captain can always play but there have been many changes made to the AFL listed players rules by the SANFL/Clubs so not sure if this still applies?. Bittersweet that we get all the AFL listed in the same side playing the same gameplan and in their correct positions, but guys like Louey Sharrad, Robbie Young, Luke Reynolds and Beimers have to make way.

Wait till finals, I'd say young,Reynolds, sharrad and Rudloff would walk into the team and I think we could go all the way with those lads in the team

Summerton's 200th game as well. Will be the last ever to get to 200 in a Maggies guernsey you'd think
Sam Gray (25 years old, 96 games) and Sharrad (23 years old, 49 games) are the closest. Would be tough for either to get even 150 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our talls were dominant this game

The reason we were able to kick a good score was we pretty much bypassed the midfield to be honest

Our defenders were all making 60-90m plays by carrying and finishing with huge kicks , our midfield when collecting the ball near hbf also were carrying and running. We were very much scoring from very few touches which is ideal especially with the scrappy nature of SANFL games which often become a quagmire of sloppy stoppages.

Highlights from 12:27 until 14:30.

The particular highlight in the still captured for the youtube - is it after he pulled his head out or put it in? ;)

The 7SANFL twitter page always puts up short videos on its accounts on game day. Forgot to put some up on Saturday night but you will find both Port and crows highlights plus interviews etc at their account.

https://twitter.com/7SANFL

All I get on my computer is ... The media could not be played. b it
You must be missing some software, as it works on mine at home and this one at work.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
16 marks... wow.... lots of them contested?
No, we played a heavy possession/uncontested chipping game, because they had our measure in the clearances. Frampton as such fed into that system well and provided a good link man. Off the top of my head I'd say he took about 2 contested marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back