Game Day Crows Vs Tigers: Win or Lose.... You decide!

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Lose we get pick 1.
Win we get pick 2 and a good send off for the season. With some belief for 2021 and beyond

This game is a free hit. Both outcomes are good.

The only way I will be disappointed is if we put up a lame effort like most games before the Geelong one. That would be a massive backward step.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
images.jpeg.jpg

Country_Crow

Senior List
May 12, 2017
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham United, Charlotte Hornets
Both outcomes today definitely happy with. Like to see some fight in our last game regardless to finish of the season strong and hit the off and pre season with momentum and hope.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
We want pick 1.

A win will mean jack and be fotgotten in a few weeks.

Pick one will mean more in the longer term.

I'm beginning to not agree with this sentiment anymore...

name the pick#1s that won a flag and tell me what is different between them and what our potential pick#1 would be

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
1) Both outcomes today definitely happy with.
2) Like to see some fight in our last game regardless to finish of the season strong
3) and hit the off and pre season with momentum and hope.
1) yeah, both outcomes are interesting and have positives. Win, and they knock Richmond out of the Top 4, a delicious prospect. BUT if the Crows' first choice goes at Pick#1 because they win today, the win will hurt. Lose, and they can use Pick#1 hopefully to have their first choice of a real gun for the Club.
It doesn't matter who we think that Pick#1 should be; we have no say in it even if it's interesting to speculate. It's only important if the Crows get their man.

2) I think you will. I can't see this revitalised Crows mob giving a meek performance, like before the Geelong game.

3) I don't think the Crows will play well, or badly, in March on the back of today's game. Winning momentum counts week to week, not after a 6-month gap. Just before Round 1 2021 nobody's going to say "Remember how well we played against Richmond last year? Let's do that, again!". It's six months away and they'll have a new list, new goals, new priorities, and this season will be a distant memory, best forgotten.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I think behind closed doors, looking ahead Nicks would prefer a loss with a clear view of whom he wants from Pick #1. The side they've gone with today cannot be questioned by the AFL as a selection tank and will most likely lose. For the anti-Mackay group, it's clear that Nicks does not see Mackay as best-22, only as experienced depth. We'll have to wait and see if he's offered a contract for 2021 and in which role/s. No point melting before the event.
Richmond will not be playing to lose today; they need the win, much more than we would benefit from winning. The double chance is >>> than finishing 17th-with-Pick#2.

We want pick 1.

A win will mean jack and be fotgotten in a few weeks.

Pick one will mean more in the longer term.

The best way to find a middle ground here is a loss after the siren.

Tex ends the seasons like he began it, shanking a kick to give us a loss.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Probably just me, but does anyone else feel that if we do win today it could be to our own detriment? Not in terms of draft position etc, but more so in that maybe we won’t get the off field changes we need to really right this ship? Maybe leaving the season with 4 wins in a row leaves us feeling pretty good about ourselves, maybe we decide we don’t need to make those changes to the coaching box, maybe we decide Hass wasn’t the problem after all, maybe we decide the list is in fact in pretty good shape and we hang onto some players we should otherwise be forcing out. Maybe a 10 goal loss is a pretty good reality check and keeps us bullish about real actual change.

I don’t know, probably just overthinking it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Troy87

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
If its a wet game I think the result will likely be closer than expected, if not I think Tigers will win comfortably. I'm not fussed if we get pick 1 or 2. My view on this has changed in recent weeks. I do think there is alot of confidence to take from a win against the likely premiers. Sets us up for a good preseason mentally.

Probably just me, but does anyone else feel that if we do win today it could be to our own detriment?

Cant believe the stupidity regarding draft positions here, the difference between 1 and 2 is not the issue, its the rippling effects it has with our other picks not to mention our ability to trade and have power in the 2020 draft.

This is also the first time that Pick 1 has landed at a "decent Club" I think we will show the AFL world how to rebuild successfully in a short amount of time too.

There is winning and then there is being stupid. Im just glad we are playing Richmond that badly need to win to get in the top 4.

Troy87

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably just me, but does anyone else feel that if we do win today it could be to our own detriment? Not in terms of draft position etc, but more so in that maybe we won’t get the off field changes we need to really right this ship? Maybe leaving the season with 4 wins in a row leaves us feeling pretty good about ourselves, maybe we decide we don’t need to make those changes to the coaching box, maybe we decide Hass wasn’t the problem after all, maybe we decide the list is in fact in pretty good shape and we hang onto some players we should otherwise be forcing out. Maybe a 10 goal loss is a pretty good reality check and keeps us bullish about real actual change.

I don’t know, probably just overthinking it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Think some of this is already well underway, also I think most players we are culling probably have been told in some shape or form. I'm not too concerned about what one win might do today.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we can't eventually win a flag with pick 2, there is no way we were ever winning one with pick 1. So with that said, knocking Richmond out of the top 4 would be farking delicious.

There is still truck loads of fuel for change at the club after what has been our worst season ever.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Can you at least rough them up a bit and give them a few bruises that makes them sore for 14 days or so?
Would you settle for a crunching hit on Cotchin --- enough to put him out for 3-4 weeks, but nothing serious/lasting --- which after getting up makes him look like Gladstone-aka-'Manos'-Small, the ex-Pommie bowler??
(Manos Chickens' big selling point was "no neck") ;)

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Maybe leaving the season with 4 wins in a row leaves us feeling pretty good about ourselves, maybe we decide we don’t need to make those changes to the coaching box, maybe we decide Hass wasn’t the problem after all, maybe we decide the list is in fact in pretty good shape and we hang onto some players we should otherwise be forcing out. Maybe a 10 goal loss is a pretty good reality check and keeps us bullish about real actual change.
I like your thinking.
Even a loss of 5+ goals would be a reality check and give Nicks ammo to use a bigger broom.

Back