Women's Footy Crunch-time Rd 9 v North @ Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

I think above all else - above what to do with Strom, who to play in the ruck, having talls who can mark the ball... THE most important thing is to get at least one goal on the board before quarter time. It’s become a ‘thing’ for Freo to go goalless in the first quarter of a game.
More intensity from the centre be the answer ye be searching for. Maybe also revert to the more attacking style they had last year.

I though moving O'Driscoll forward was a big mistake. She has a good tough, competitive edge and solid marking ability; but she is an atrocious kick! Her kicking is loopy and largely ineffective, it's a glaring deficiency of hers, as punctutated by her missed efforts

I think the choice for the finals would be Houghton playing more in the ruck at the start of games to set the tone with a strong presence at the contest. Then Houghton goes forward, Strom offering a tall body, while Roux is the wildcard occasional. Last year the lift that came with Gemma in the ruck was clear. It also would help take pressure off her forward game too, being able to contribute in multiple ways.
Would be a sight to see Gemma take the first bounce.

“Ready to go here at (insert ground).

Ball up and Houghton roves her own tap. She evades the congestion in the middle of the ground, and she’s off like the wind.

One bounce, two bounces, she kicks it high and long into the forward line. Look at her go - she’s marked her own kick 30m out - have we ever seen that in an AFLW game?

Houghton plays on, takes another bounce, steadies and slams it through from the top of the square! GEMMA HOUGHTON! Take a bow!

Freo have the first goal 20 seconds into the game’”

Problem solved.

Would be a sight to see Gemma take the first bounce.

“Ready to go here at (insert ground).

Ball up and Houghton roves her own tap. She evades the congestion in the middle of the ground, and she’s off like the wind.

One bounce, two bounces, she kicks it high and long into the forward line. Look at her go - she’s marked her own kick 30m out - have we ever seen that in an AFLW game?

Houghton plays on, takes another bounce, steadies and slams it through from the top of the square! GEMMA HOUGHTON! Take a bow!

Freo have the first goal 20 seconds into the game’”

Problem solved.
this got me feeling some typa way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back