Opinion Crushed the Culture

Remove this Banner Ad

The rot started this year when Scotts opened his big fat trap bitching unsubstantiated comments about the Umpires.

Toot Toot...the Karma Bus then pulled up....so to speak.

Fines...injuries...booing LT...Spud gate...on and on and on until screwing up the organization of a ending of careers.

Brad hasn't lost the players. You only need to hear Petrie's interview mid week and read Boomer's post. Brad and Crocks walked straight past me from the coaches box after the game and I can tell you, Brad looked annoyed, dishevelled and drained. There was no smugness or arrogance about the decisions made. This has not been easy for him. Let the club take a week's break, reload and pump the next few weeks.

Brad hasn't lost the players. You only need to hear Petrie's interview mid week and read Boomer's post. Brad and Crocks walked straight past me from the coaches box after the game and I can tell you, Brad looked annoyed, dishevelled and drained. There was no smugness or arrogance about the decisions made. This has not been easy for him. Let the club take a week's break, reload and pump the next few weeks.
You think the players are gunna say to the media they think Scott is a schmuck?

That's the thing CK. I mentioned to Gaso tonight, I'd love a completely new coaching group to come in and look at our players and build a new game plan around them. I am not convinced our players are that bad. I just think the message has gotten stale.
Totally on board with you on this.

But I heard Mr Scott say on SEN that he wanted to leave an "overarching legacy"
I F***en hate that quote that they plug in their promos
"Overarching and overriding"
Wtf does that even mean??

I don't think brads lost the players. I just think the toll of so many injuries, losing senior players and now a daunting finals campaign- it's all gotten too much.
The issue going forward is the team is a Key defender short, two classy midfielders and a dangerous small forward short of being a good team. We are mediocre.

Last edited:
I don't think brads lost the players. I just think the toll of some many injuries, losing senior players and now a daunting finals campaign- it's all gotten too much.
The issue going forward is the team is a Key defender short, two classy midfielders and a dangerous small forward short of being a good team. We are mediocre.
We have a dangerous small forward. Only problem is that Brad told him to piss off this week because he was born 38 years ago.

When I see people say that the past 2 prelims are good enough I cringe. Prelims are good if you improve from there, not if they're your ceiling. Now in terms of the culture being crushed, unfortunately that is our post 90's culture, accepting mediocrity because we are a soft club, would rather be nice than do whats best for the club.

An example of our current culture is Andrew Swallows captaincy. I remember a year ago when Channel 7 did the Chosen Few Doco. I remember Swallow saying how there are times you need to give a spray however it's not what he is good at or something like that can't remember the actual quote, but that there shows all that is wrong with the culture at our club. Now of course the culture is not at all Swallows fault rather it is the fact that he is our chosen captain which has highlighted our poor culture. We are simply soft, we want to be a happy club like Hawthorn but unfortunately we are no where near as tough or as ruthless as a top club.

If we want to move forward as a club it is not going to be as simple as adding a few players and hoping for the best. We need to become a ruthless club on and off the field. It is time that there is pressure on you if you are not adequately performing and not on how you are as a person. The delistings of Boomer, Petrie, Spud and NDS show hope that we can achieve this, as unpopular as the decision was the club finally showed spine, something that hasn't been seen for an awful long time.

When I see people say that the past 2 prelims are good enough I cringe. Prelims are good if you improve from there, not if they're your ceiling. Now in terms of the culture being crushed, unfortunately that is our post 90's culture, accepting mediocrity because we are a soft club, would rather be nice than do whats best for the club.

An example of our current culture is Andrew Swallows captaincy. I remember a year ago when Channel 7 did the Chosen Few Doco. I remember Swallow saying how there are times you need to give a spray however it's not what he is good at or something like that can't remember the actual quote, but that there shows all that is wrong with the culture at our club. Now of course the culture is not at all Swallows fault rather it is the fact that he is our chosen captain which has highlighted our poor culture. We are simply soft, we want to be a happy club like Hawthorn but unfortunately we are no where near as tough or as ruthless as a top club.

If we want to move forward as a club it is not going to be as simple as adding a few players and hoping for the best. We need to become a ruthless club on and off the field. It is time that there is pressure on you if you are not adequately performing and not on how you are as a person. The delistings of Boomer, Petrie, Spud and NDS show hope that we can achieve this, as unpopular as the decision was the club finally showed spine, something that hasn't been seen for an awful long time.
Well I guess it starts at the top.
Our president is a soft utensil. Hes not confronting and I take him as a bloke that wouldn't be a straight talker but rather bitch behind the scenes about you.

* him off, he thinks a footy club is a business, where you build relationships because you have to to make money.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Our president is a soft utensil. Hes not confronting and I take him as a bloke that wouldn't be a straight talker but rather bitch behind the scenes about you.

**** him off, he thinks a footy club is a business, where you build relationships because you have to to make money.

Now, JB might not be your cup of tea, but to totally write him off is unfair. If not for him, we would not be here today. Remember the rush :fire: to move us to the Gold Coast? Who led the charge that we should stay :rainbow: :D ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, JB might not be your cup of tea, but to totally write him off is unfair. If not for him, we would not be here today. Remember the rush :fire: to move us to the Gold Coast? Who led the charge that we should stay :rainbow: :D ?
Yes credit where credit is due. No underestimating what he helped us achieve. But he's not superman and has deficiencies when it comes to running a football club from a footballing perspective.
It doesn't mean we needed to keep him there due to his past good deeds from 8 Years ago.
We are in a strong off field position, just need a president to lead us to onfield success.
JB won't sack Scott.

When does Ben Buckley replace him?

It's not the culture I'm worried about, it's the skills.
I'm not worried about our skills. Purely on the basis that you can't worry about something that doesn't actually exist.

A couple million years from now, when humans evolve to a point where we have hands growing out of our lower legs just above our ankles, North will absolutely own the handball receives stats category.

**** him off, he thinks a footy club is a business, where you build relationships because you have to to make money.

You are so far off the mark its not funny.

Hi all..haven't posted in a blue moon but just wanted to share.

I feel this is appropriate as we are talking about culture.
I started following the club in 1992 as a 7 year old and quickly signed up as a member after hassling my father about half way through that season, I wanted every players autograph and most of all Brett Alison's as he became my favourite player.
The 90's were fantastic as a supporter, I think back on the team and smile all the time..the highs and the lows was all such a ride.
Enter boomer at 1996.
I'm sure there are many others on this board that have been supporters to the same timelines as myself.
Boomer and the club represents what I love about football and why I continue to sign up every year like so many others especially through the fight to stay at Arden St.
I felt incredibly sad last night and by 3/4 time I panicked that this was the last quarter I was going to be able to watch these guys but especially boomer.
I get that you interview the kids about what boomer means during the break, but then putting up how many litres of water does Daniel wells lose during a game? Farewell our champions?
The amount of money the club has made from marketing boomer may just have helped the club through the whole debt process.
I will retain my membership but I just feel disenfranchised with it all.
Where is the respect for the supporters, for Harvey. Why have we been robbed of a press conference that stops the country..."North Melbourne press conference scheduled at 11am", the president comes out and backs up the decision by practically saying we should be happy because we have over-achieved in finals the last 2 years??
Who is this club, I don't know anymore...but here we are, the eve of where we wanted to be (regardless of form) with 45,000 members and another finals series and all that I thought this club was, all that I thought football meant to me...just doesn't matter any more.
All we wanted was time to celebrate Harvey and the others, instead we get a slap in the face 3 days before the game and a fortnight to think about it.

Hi all..haven't posted in a blue moon but just wanted to share.

I feel this is appropriate as we are talking about culture.
I started following the club in 1992 as a 7 year old and quickly signed up as a member after hassling my father about half way through that season, I wanted every players autograph and most of all Brett Alison's as he became my favourite player.
The 90's were fantastic as a supporter, I think back on the team and smile all the time..the highs and the lows was all such a ride.
Enter boomer at 1996.
I'm sure there are many others on this board that have been supporters to the same timelines as myself.
Boomer and the club represents what I love about football and why I continue to sign up every year like so many others especially through the fight to stay at Arden St.
I felt incredibly sad last night and by 3/4 time I panicked that this was the last quarter I was going to be able to watch these guys but especially boomer.
I get that you interview the kids about what boomer means during the break, but then putting up how many litres of water does Daniel wells lose during a game? Farewell our champions?
The amount of money the club has made from marketing boomer may just have helped the club through the whole debt process.
I will retain my membership but I just feel disenfranchised with it all.
Where is the respect for the supporters, for Harvey. Why have we been robbed of a press conference that stops the country..."North Melbourne press conference scheduled at 11am", the president comes out and backs up the decision by practically saying we should be happy because we have over-achieved in finals the last 2 years??
Who is this club, I don't know anymore...but here we are, the eve of where we wanted to be (regardless of form) with 45,000 members and another finals series and all that I thought this club was, all that I thought football meant to me...just doesn't matter any more.
All we wanted was time to celebrate Harvey and the others, instead we get a slap in the face 3 days before the game and a fortnight to think about it.

Good post Tander.

I think boomer's axing resonates with me so much was because he was such a shining light between 2000-2008 when the club was at its lowest. We were a mess off field but you could always rely on boomer providing at least one for the highlight reel every game.

The season is gone and quicker the better. However, I still hope we at least fight it out in Adelaide. A 10 goal plus loss would not sit well all summer and will make it even harder to attract new players.

The season is gone and quicker the better. However, I still hope we at least fight it out in Adelaide. A 10 goal plus loss would not sit well all summer and will make it even harder to attract new players.
This complete bollocks of a season would all be worth it if we can just shut the Adelaide media up.

You are so far off the mark its not funny.
Yea maybe so, but I don't think it's that far off.
JB supports BS,
BS decisions have been questionable and down right stupid according to most posters.

IMO the board is responsible for who they employ.

Extending BS contract is clearly a board decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back