Crypto Sponsorship for the AFL - and now NFTs

Remove this Banner Ad

crypto.com is sacking hundreds of employees. Price of crypto is down 87% from its high.

I feel like they need Matt Damon to make another ad. That will turn things around.
They need to put on another Super Bowl.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I don’t have mates.

I use mate, like some you campaigner, or other people use bro.

We get it, you’re a peasant who’s happy with an interest rate of 2%.

I prefer larger returns. I invest in staking coins which delivers me anywhere between 30-700% p.a. Locked in, loaded, paid daily.

Are you seriously suggesting I should give that up for 2%, because that’s the way we’ve always done business?

We’re you against CFDs & Futures when they became available to trade? But they’re risky, and nobody knows anything about them.
Wonder how your 30-700% returns are going.

Sadly, for some people, the truth of "risk-free" returns is going to be a hard reality check.

Wonder how your 30-700% returns are going.

Sadly, for some people, the truth of "risk-free" returns is going to be a hard reality check.
As I was watching a lot of the videos on crypto I was thinking of a few of our friends in here and the high returns they were talking about. It never sounded viable and as the Terra Luna stuff was happening, I could see why in real time.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
crypto.com is sacking hundreds of employees. Price of crypto is down 87% from its high.

I feel like they need Matt Damon to make another ad. That will turn things around.
I'm constantly astounded by the amount of advertising I see by crypto.com....even at the F1 on the weekend it was everywhere. Is this all paid for by commissions from crypto trades? It just doesn't add up.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm constantly astounded by the amount of advertising I see by crypto.com....even at the F1 on the weekend it was everywhere. Is this all paid for by commissions from crypto trades? It just doesn't add up.

They have spent $400m or something insane on advertising and sponsorships over the last year. Its a Ponzi scheme and only works if they raise billions and then continue to raise billions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's what I thought when I heard it announced.

My big brain paralleled with Taleb:

You don't have to have a degree in statistics to see that it is failing as an inflation hedge. How it was ever going to do that is beyond me.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You don't have to have a degree in statistics to see that it is failing as an inflation hedge. How it was ever going to do that is beyond me.

You just dont get the vibe, boomer !

Hopefully all those in here gloating over the last few months sold out at the peak. Its fun to mock ignorance, but not so much fun if they had invested heavily and have taken a beating.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
You just dont get the vibe, boomer !

Hopefully all those in here gloating over the last few months sold out at the peak. Its fun to mock ignorance, but not so much fun if they had invested heavily and have taken a beating.
I have no issue mocking those who invested heavily and took a beating at all. I can still feel a bit sorry for them at the same time but the old adage still rings true, buyer beware (particularly if you have NFI what you're actually investing in).

WillHayward

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Fun facts:

1. Matt Damon "Crypto.Bro" ad released 28 October 2021. Bitcoin price $58k USD
  2. Bitcoin price today $19k USD
  3. When Plimy the Elder used the phrase "fortune favours the brave" in AD 79- he then sailed to Mt Vesuvius and promptly died.

WillHayward

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Getting rich via dumb people, not new. You can only sell your crypto when someone else is willing to buy it from you. I love dumb people.

Bigger fool scam. You can only cash out if you find a bigger fool to sell to.
Long story short. I shorted on some crypto. Any idiot could see the crash coming. Made a small fortune.
Ok I’m being humble, it wasn’t small.

Last edited:
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I have no issue mocking those who invested heavily and took a beating at all. I can still feel a bit sorry for them at the same time but the old adage still rings true, buyer beware (particularly if you have NFI what you're actually investing in).
Even if you believe in it ffs at least have some diversification, I mean I don't actually mind having a punt on very risky stuff but it's always to a set limit that I can afford to lose and own lots of boring conservative things as well. Seriously the amount of nuffies you read about that have ALL their savings in this stuff is scary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back