Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Quixote

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jan 1, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not everyone gets tickets to the next bull run guys. Use your brain juice, diversification is risk. In each sector there will likely only be one big winner, with a few projects on the coat tails. Who is Amazon's biggest competitor? Who is ebays biggest competitor? These guys created markets. They literally ate industries.

My long-term portfolio is built around sectors and basically who I think will eat them. You also need to give weight to infrastructure and protocols, as against flash-in-the-pan ideas.

If I wanted to mine only new coins on my fella's awesome gaming machine while he is at work... what would I need to do to get in at the ground floor before the mining becomes a waste of time and do I need a different wallet for every one of these new coins?

Is there a mining program I can copy a code into and it will mine a new coin?

Obviously very new to this, but figure I can give it a go for a bit of fun.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Alrighty...just about ready to get my thinking cap on again...
I've held everything over the last month or two - since I last made a move. There are a few coins I've got that are cheap right now and I could load up some more on...but I've had a thing for Digibyte for awhile and never had the opportunity to jump on...I'm thinking now maybe my opportunity!
Is there anything negative anyone's aware of with this particular coin?
I will do my own research but wondering if there's been something I've missed recently as I haven't been so immersed in all this.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
digibyte is awesome and will be a rewarding hodl. now is the time to buy dgb
izrzvb.jpg

Cuzdup

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Alrighty...just about ready to get my thinking cap on again...
I've held everything over the last month or two - since I last made a move. There are a few coins I've got that are cheap right now and I could load up some more on...but I've had a thing for Digibyte for awhile and never had the opportunity to jump on...I'm thinking now maybe my opportunity!
Is there anything negative anyone's aware of with this particular coin?
I will do my own research but wondering if there's been something I've missed recently as I haven't been so immersed in all this.

Why do you like Digibyte is the real question. Do you like the tech and the team behind Digi or is this just 1 of those coins that captured your multimillion dollar fantasies when you first started out in crypto because you can buy 27545 coins with $100.

I dont mind digi, you should make money once the market gains legs but where do you seeing digi in a year compared to other coins?

1 knock on Digi is they will never be listed on Binance because they don't meet Binances criteria. Something about Digi not having a central ownership and the fact that digi is listed as a not for profit or something like that.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If I wanted to mine only new coins on my fella's awesome gaming machine while he is at work... what would I need to do to get in at the ground floor before the mining becomes a waste of time and do I need a different wallet for every one of these new coins?

Is there a mining program I can copy a code into and it will mine a new coin?

Obviously very new to this, but figure I can give it a go for a bit of fun.

I want to hear more about what you’re getting up to while the bf is at work.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Why do you like Digibyte is the real question. Do you like the tech and the team behind Digi or is this just 1 of those coins that captured your multimillion dollar fantasies when you first started out in crypto because you can buy 27545 coins with $100.

I dont mind digi, you should make money once the market gains legs but where do you seeing digi in a year compared to other coins?

1 knock on Digi is they will never be listed on Binance because they don't meet Binances criteria. Something about Digi not having a central ownership and the fact that digi is listed as a not for profit or something like that.

More the tech than anything... Admittedly it's been months since I last read into it but what I did read peaked my interest and I have been watching it since (amongst other coins). But I have simply forgotten the very reasons why it caught my attention in the first place and I could say that about many coins - including ones I've invested in already.
I need to take more notes on pros and cons of coins!!

Whats with the multimillion dollar fantasies line!? I find that a bit offensive as this is not a game too me!
Sure...I'd like my investment in the coin to moon but I am of firm belief that I am investing in technology that is warranted and has a place on this planet - which is a major factor in anything I put my hard earned into.

Due to not having my head buried in this market for the last month or two i know things happen quickly so i was simply seeing if there was anything that has happened I'm unaware of. There are some reliable and helpful people in here that have been so I took an opportunity to ask.
You have highlighted something for me being that Binance won't list it - I wasn't aware of this and I will look further into that reasoning now thanks.

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which coins are considered the safest bets?

Say, the sorts of coins that you could near-guarantee double their money from this point, in the next 12 months assuming the whole market picks back up.

I'd imagine it's the ones with the biggest market share, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple etc. but interested in the thoughts of others.

(please note, doubling their money with the whole market picking back up is nothing excessive, every coin is a long way away from their ATHs right now. More are down by significantly more than 50%)

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Which coins are considered the safest bets?

Say, the sorts of coins that you could near-guarantee double their money from this point, in the next 12 months assuming the whole market picks back up.

I'd imagine it's the ones with the biggest market share, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple etc. but interested in the thoughts of others.

(please note, doubling their money with the whole market picking back up is nothing excessive, every coin is a long way away from their ATHs right now. More are down by significantly more than 50%)

Walton will make doubling look like going backwards over the next 12 months.

Over 40 partnerships with big companies who want to implement their blockchain tech and pay in WTC for the privilege to do so.

Oh and look up OBOR. It’s the new Silk Road and Walton are perfectly placed to be a major player in it.

(And if anyone thinks by Silk Road I mean a new drug purveyor you need to give yourself an uppercut)

Cuzdup

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
More the tech than anything... Admittedly it's been months since I last read into it but what I did read peaked my interest and I have been watching it since (amongst other coins). But I have simply forgotten the very reasons why it caught my attention in the first place and I could say that about many coins - including ones I've invested in already.
I need to take more notes on pros and cons of coins!!

Whats with the multimillion dollar fantasies line!? I find that a bit offensive as this is not a game too me!
Sure...I'd like my investment in the coin to moon but I am of firm belief that I am investing in technology that is warranted and has a place on this planet - which is a major factor in anything I put my hard earned into.

Due to not having my head buried in this market for the last month or two i know things happen quickly so i was simply seeing if there was anything that has happened I'm unaware of. There are some reliable and helpful people in here that have been so I took an opportunity to ask.
You have highlighted something for me being that Binance won't list it - I wasn't aware of this and I will look further into that reasoning now thanks.
Sorry dude wasnt meaning to sound like a utensil head with the fantasy comment. Seen many people jump on cheap coins thinking they will be worth $100 a pop by EOY.

Back