Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you badasses have an opinion on Stellar Lumens (XLM) and EOS? Those were the two cryptos I'd been eyeing for a long time, but only pulled the trigger on recently during price dips.

Love the Airdrop model that EOS is adopting (as opposed to ICOs).

Really cool that you’ll receive tokens just for holding EOS.

Not invested myself, but definitely on the radar.

Quick check in from this Reddit post.

Do you own a shitcoin?
  1. Visit their github and check their commit history. If their commits are either insignificant like a label change or the last commit is made 2 months ago, then it's a s**t coin.
  2. If the coin's only purpose is that it is a store of value AND has no integration with any important sites to buy stuff with it then it's a s**t coin.
  3. If its code is an exact fork of another coin with no meaningful change to the functionality, then it's a s**t coin.
  4. If they have a fancy site with the words "Decentralized" "Trustless" "Cross border" and no specific use case or adoption, then it's high probability that it's a s**t coin.
  5. If it has no development team(or group of individual developers actively contributing) or if the team is anonymous.
If you hold a s**t coin then dump it.

Quick check in from this Reddit post.

Do you own a shitcoin?
  1. Visit their github and check their commit history. If their commits are either insignificant like a label change or the last commit is made 2 months ago, then it's a s**t coin.
  2. If the coin's only purpose is that it is a store of value AND has no integration with any important sites to buy stuff with it then it's a s**t coin.
  3. If its code is an exact fork of another coin with no meaningful change to the functionality, then it's a s**t coin.
  4. If they have a fancy site with the words "Decentralized" "Trustless" "Cross border" and no specific use case or adoption, then it's high probability that it's a s**t coin.
  5. If it has no development team(or group of individual developers actively contributing) or if the team is anonymous.
If you hold a s**t coin then dump it.
Proof that the bottom's close. People convincing others to sell after an ~80% retracement.

Proof that the bottom's close. People convincing others to sell after an ~80% retracement.

I'll ignore the fact that your 'proof' is absolute bullshit and instead point to the fact that if the market does respond it's going to do so with coins that have solid fundamentals. A coin that hasn't had a Github commit in the last 12 months does not have solid fundamentals.

How about instead of trying to call the bottom of the market using magic tea leaves and contributing nothing to the conversation you instead focus on trying to educate people towards making more informed decisions.

Last edited:
I'll ignore the fact that your 'proof' is absolute bullshit and instead point to the fact that if the market does respond it's going to do so with coins that have solid fundamentals. A coin that hasn't had a Github commit in the last 12 months does not have solid fundamentals.

How about instead of trying to call the bottom of the market using magic tea leaves and contributing nothing to the conversation you instead focus on trying to educate people towards making more informed decisions.
Sure, whatever. Dogecoin to the moon.

How do you cash out of this? I've only ever put money in but looking to retreive some profits. I'm basedin AU

Create Coinspot account. Convert to Litecoin. Send to Coinspot Litecoin wallet. Withdraw AUD to your bank account. Never look back.

There are other ways recommended if you're dealing with over AUD$50k and want to avoid the 1%.

Create Coinspot account. Convert to Litecoin. Send to Coinspot Litecoin wallet. Withdraw AUD to your bank account. Never look back.

There are other ways recommended if you're dealing with over AUD$50k and want to avoid the 1%.
That's the best route for fees? Already have a coinspot so I probably wouldn't have to wait too long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be interesting to see which projects survive. I'm holding my WTC and ONT forever, well, at least till the end of 2020 and re assess.

How do you cash out of this? I've only ever put money in but looking to retreive some profits. I'm basedin AU
profits??

giphy-downsized.gif

By the way why is Coinspot better than BTC Markets for this?

And anyone paying bills with Bitcoin. Know how Living room of Satoshi works? Maybe its better to pay yourself that way
Disregard Living Room of Satoshi, I did some research seems like a rip off. It seems to mask cashing out into cash though so I don't know. But if they got audited they would surely crash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back