Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Globally or otherwise, you are talking s**t.

Take your pick, Dow Jones, Hang Seng, Nikkei, FSTE 100... none are even remotely close to crypto over 2018.
I understand the last year has been shaky for crypto (that is clear as day!) as I mentioned... last year, two years and five years.
You think I’m talking s**t than ignore me!
I would take this guys word over anyone’s...more skin in the game (amongst other investments) than anyone I know!
And thanks to him and his insights I have a healthy portfolio. :)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People like jezzajay are why BTC will rise again. And when it does, it will bubble and pop. Again.

Just a question of timing the market, which is largely a fool's errand, but there may be some method to the madness.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Righto...i’ll tell my buddy the report he showed me that was used at the wrap up board meeting for the year at his broker firm is full of s**t and ‘fantasyland’ cos a couple of people on a forum told me so.
I’m sure that will get a giggle out of him.
There was a lot too that report by the way...and what he pointed out regarding comparisons in investment types is what it is.
Go figure..

Go ahead and say what you like...I won’t bother sharing these tidbits with you in the future.

I don’t quite understand what makes you think I would come on here and ‘talk s**t’...as I said, to each their own.

Sabbathen

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Righto...i’ll tell my buddy the report he showed me that was used at the wrap up board meeting for the year at his broker firm is full of s**t and ‘fantasyland’ cos a couple of people on a forum told me so.
I’m sure that will get a giggle out of him.
There was a lot too that report by the way...and what he pointed out regarding comparisons in investment types is what it is.
Go figure..

Go ahead and say what you like...I won’t bother sharing these tidbits with you in the future.

I don’t quite understand what makes you think I would come on here and ‘talk s**t’...as I said, to each their own.
Again, show us all where any major index or property market has shed over 70% of its value in 2018 like Bitcoin(your original post referred to this year remember). You don't need a suit and tie and a board meeting to figure it out champ. Instead of being a flog, report back with some proof and facts and put us in our place.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Again, show us all where any major index or property market has shed over 70% of its value in 2018 like Bitcoin(your original post referred to this year remember). You don't need a suit and tie and a board meeting to figure it out champ. Instead of being a flog, report back with some proof and facts and put us in our place.

I’m being a flog?
Huh.

bomberjez

All Australian
Aug 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
You make me ashamed to also be a Jez.

Don't be the poster 50 pages back who convinced neighbour $3.97 was a sweet buy price for 'Walties'. Or maryjames a few posts back. There's a reason they're urging you to buy...it's because they're currently left holding the bags.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m being a flog?
Huh.

You seem to think that something some bloke told you matters to anyone except you. If you reckon you've got the inside word then great, go invest based on it - but no one believes that losing 70-80% in a year is comparable to other investments over the same period.

This is pretty straightforward. You'd think it would be pretty easy to list one example of an investment that has performed as poorly as crypto in 2018.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
You seem to think that something some bloke told you matters to anyone except you. If you reckon you've got the inside word then great, go invest based on it - but no one believes that losing 70-80% in a year is comparable to other investments over the same period.

This is pretty straightforward. You'd think it would be pretty easy to list one example of an investment that has performed as poorly as crypto in 2018.
Does not warrant calling someone a flog!

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
You make me ashamed to also be a Jez.

Don't be the poster 50 pages back who convinced neighbour $3.97 was a sweet buy price for 'Walties'. Or maryjames a few posts back. There's a reason they're urging you to buy...it's because they're currently left holding the bags.
What on earth are you even dribbling? Not once did I tell someone to buy Walt...go troll someone else.

Sabbathen

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Does not warrant calling someone a flog!
Flog or clueless, take your pick
Pick any chart of any major index(surely you are smart enough to find these online) and look at what it was on Jan 1 2018 compared to now. Please share when you find one that has lost anywhere near the sort of value cryptocurrencies have in the same time frame. You are copping it because it is such a ridiculous comment to make when the facts are so easily available and indisputable. It's as idiotic as trying to claim the earth is flat instead of round.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I paid $2.5k for a crypto course made by a guy who made well into six figures from Crypto in 2017 and he thinks LTC will push $1,000USD per coin this year.
Make of that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTC1.PNG

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
You are talking absolute s**t
Yep I got my wording/context wrong and I've been called out and fair enough.
Still no need to go down the 'flog', 'clueless' path because I am neither!
Pretty pathetic behaviour by some on here.
I sure as hell didn't come in here to take on a slanging match with you or anyone else.
I am well aware of what 2018 has been.

Sabbathen

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep I got my wording/context wrong and I've been called out and fair enough.
Still no need to go down the 'flog', 'clueless' path because I am neither!
Pretty pathetic behaviour by some on here.
I sure as hell didn't come in here to take on a slanging match with you or anyone else.
I am well aware of what 2018 has been.
Oh grow up, you talked s**t on the internet and got called out boohoo. Are you man enough to admit you completely made up the story about your investment firm friend giving imaginary wrap up meetings to the board too?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
People like jezzajay are why BTC will rise again.
Oh grow up, you talked s**t on the internet and got called out boohoo. Are you man enough to admit you completely made up the story about your investment firm friend giving imaginary wrap up meetings to the board too?
What the??? Seriously...
And you're telling me to grow up!

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Incase you missed it. Buy buy buy.

Beautiful time to buy.
One is from January this year, the other is now. I am sure you have said the same thing every month now.

Please tell me when it is NOT a good time to buy. then I might buy some (fat chance)

(ps I hope you really are a parody account and you haven't listened to your own advice. These are not investments(I would go further and say no currencies should be considered investments by us, mugs) but actual gambling. And even that, putting $10 on the dogs each day would have been a sounder "investment" than these "currencies" this year, which btw, are completely failing at its job as currencies.)

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone buying crypto 'currency' as it is intended, after the initial craze we saw is mad. Old school fiat isnt going anywhere ever. Glad I dumped my Bitcoin while it was over 25k.

Back