Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One is from January this year, the other is now. I am sure you have said the same thing every month now.

Please tell me when it is NOT a good time to buy. then I might buy some (fat chance)

(ps I hope you really are a parody account and you haven't listened to your own advice. These are not investments(I would go further and say no currencies should be considered investments by us, mugs) but actual gambling. And even that, putting $10 on the dogs each day would have been a sounder "investment" than these "currencies" this year, which btw, are completely failing at its job as currencies.)
I said buy buy buy ...big difference,

Been doing it over the years. It’s a game of patience. Throw in now and forget. Its May go down more yet. But the day will come it will make a come back. Then you will be thinking thank **** I did that when I did.
Not willing to reveal. Im guessing you are losing then. Bitcoin will be worthless. Until somone can invent crypto that can actually work like money then they are all a waste of time.

Not willing to reveal. Im guessing you are losing then. Bitcoin will be worthless. Until somone can invent crypto that can actually work like money then they are all a waste of time.

They've all moved on to 'internet of things' now.

The anti-fiat brigade (99% of whom don't really know what fiat means and 100% of whom are obsessed with how much their crypto is worth in said fiat) don't understand that centralised currencies backed by monetary policy are necessary. 'Crypto is better, it's deflationary' - OK, so if deflationary currency is better why don't the major economies of the world have that as their goal? Any country could easily have a fixed supply of money if they so wanted.

Ok here’s this morons opinion

Coinspot

BTCmarkets

The only Aussie places Aussie owned worth crypto shopping

There ya go

Ok that’s not telling me a lot but thanks for the reply..

The initial reply about staying away is probably good advice for newbies ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No better than Google can.

All I know is that crypto was the future because decentralised currencies with limited supply were a better system than big old nasty fiat but now that the values are going down it's the future because internet of things.
Well that's a wrap people, you heard how it all went down here. Cheers Scotland, amazing contribution!

This thread died a sad death, didn't it?

Next bull run it will be back full of 'traders' winning money on 'smart trades'.

They'll lose every cent and then some.

But they will get to spend a few months acting like geniuses, so it will be worth it for them.

I get this feeling that the internet of things will be about as revolutionary as 3D printing was. People talk about how amazing the internet of things will be but you delve a little deeper and it's just your fridge telling you to buy milk without you having to open the fridge door.

This thread died a sad death, didn't it?

Next bull run it will be back full of 'traders' winning money on 'smart trades'.

They'll lose every cent and then some.

But they will get to spend a few months acting like geniuses, so it will be worth it for them.
If your depressed you should spend less time on the net.

I get this feeling that the internet of things will be about as revolutionary as 3D printing was. People talk about how amazing the internet of things will be but you delve a little deeper and it's just your fridge telling you to buy milk without you having to open the fridge door.

I don't think this will age well.

Look into what China are doing with 5G and autonomous vehicles.

Or the IOT that is already being used and revolutionising farming with smart sensors: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/irishtechnews.ie/how-iot-sensors-can-make-a-farmers-life-easier/amp/

IOT will be huge - it'll just take time to develop.

Last edited:
I don't think this will age well.

Look into what China are doing with 5G and autonomous vehicles.

Or the IOT that is already being used and revolutionising farming with smart sensors: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/irishtechnews.ie/how-iot-sensors-can-make-a-farmers-life-easier/amp/

IOT will be huge - it'll just take time to develop.

That article is like the rest of them - very quick to muddy the water and imply that the IOT is responsible for other technology.

Take for example the drones which map farmland and help with crop monitoring. IOT's role in that is simply getting the data from the drone to a farmers computer at home really quickly. The really impressive technology there is the drone, the camera and the software which can analyse a crop based on a video. Getting that information live, rather than having to land the drone and connect it to a PC isn't that revolutionary. I'm sure watering a crop can wait an hour or two.

Same story with being told which cows are pregnant and which ones are ready to mate. That would probably be amazing information for a farmer to have but the really interesting technology would be sensors which are in/on each and every cow determining if they are ready to go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some great uses will come from the internet of things but, quite frequently, you get a strong whiff of snake oil and that brings back memories of 3D printers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back