Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think February could be a bad month for ETH with the CME futures coming up. I'll be looking to scale out at 0.05 BTC/ETH and 0.06 BTC/ETH if we get there. I don't plan to hold any ETH by Feb 8.

I think February could be a bad month for ETH with the CME futures coming up. I'll be looking to scale out at 0.05 BTC/ETH and 0.06 BTC/ETH if we get there. I don't plan to hold any ETH by Feb 8.
You could be right, but might not necessarily be a negative. the market was pretty bearish when BTC was listed on CME.

You could be right, but might not necessarily be a negative. the market was pretty bearish when BTC was listed on CME.
CME futures for BTC started on December 17, 2017. Once bitten, twice shy.

JNA-21-BTC-637468047011490716.png

CME futures for BTC started on December 17, 2017. Once bitten, twice shy.

JNA-21-BTC-637468047011490716.png

Surprised to hear and see this. I am hodling some ETH and was planning on keeping it through March. Any chance this might have just been a coincidence that the CME listing came at the end of the Bullrun, BTC was the first creating massive resistance and helps path the way for ETH?

P.s. Hodling any Theta?

Agreed I'll sell any BTC and Eth here, All other alts 3 or 4 weeks later into stable coins and re -enter around January if confident.
Yep. Spot on. I’ll be watching closely in those months.
If get the boom times right so much can be made it’s ridiculous.
I’m very patient when it comes to crypto. When it comes right down and bottoms out around late 2022 early 2023. I’m buying bigly for the next circle bull run circle.

Surprised to hear and see this. I am hodling some ETH and was planning on keeping it through March. Any chance this might have just been a coincidence that the CME listing came at the end of the Bullrun, BTC was the first creating massive resistance and helps path the way for ETH?

P.s. Hodling any Theta?
History has a habit of repeating. I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm not taking chances. Note that I'm more of a short term and swing trader than hodler...and I think we'll get higher prices this year.

Coming up to CME futures, BTC went parabolic and crashed with their introduction
Coming up to CME futures, ETH has gone parabolic.....

Another thing that concerns me is the monthly candle for BTC. There's still 5-6 days to save it, but the wick is looking very bearish and I think February is likely to see some pain. Candles with long upper wicks have previously led to further corrections (see below).

btc chart.GIF

History has a habit of repeating. I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm not taking chances. Note that I'm more of a short term and swing trader than hodler...and I think we'll get higher prices this year.

Coming up to CME futures, BTC went parabolic and crashed with their introduction
Coming up to CME futures, ETH has gone parabolic.....

Another thing that concerns me is the monthly candle for BTC. There's still 5-6 days to save it, but the wick is looking very bearish and I think February is likely to see some pain. Candles with long upper wicks have previously led to further corrections (see below).

View attachment 1046312
Yep I don’t want bitcoin around 28,000 to 29,000 end of this month.

If does crash won’t matter I know where it is going. Not buying that this is the end of the bull run this year as your data suggest.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I don’t want bitcoin around 28,000 to 29,000 end of this month.

If does crash won’t matter I know where it is going. Not buying that this is the end of the bull run this year as your data suggest.

With respect... Strongly disagree. Way too much launching in Feb/ March with Paypal and Smartcontracts to not have whales jumping on board, let alone JP Morgan predicting 145k btc this year (3weeks ago) and todat saying btc will never reach 40k!

Don't get sucked in by the whales, they're lowering prices to buy themselves... The Pump is coming.

With respect... Strongly disagree. Way too much launching in Feb/ March with Paypal and Smartcontracts to not have whales jumping on board, let alone JP Morgan predicting 145k btc this year (3weeks ago) and todat saying btc will never reach 40k!

Don't get sucked in by the whales, they're lowering prices to buy themselves... The Pump is coming.
Let’s see.. I don’t listen to jp Morgan and co. May be a dump then pump but as a holder won’t bother me atm.

Yeah it’s gonna pump. I’m on hodl world right now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back