Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Question time.

Since I'm feeling out the market with skin in the game, all my coins bar one (bloody theta) are upticking nicely after the crash and I'm in profits.

I'm planning on long term hold but what is considered long term in cypto? Was thinking 6 months.

I would like to avoid another elon crash, so is the main consensus is whenever a whale aka elon s**t cans the market/BTC you sell out of everything regardless of long term plans buy in the recover.

At the moment, polygon is killing it but I doubt it'll last for ever and crash down, I don't look at the market every minute. So I should sell once the fall kicks in or ride the wave

Question time.

Since I'm feeling out the market with skin in the game, all my coins bar one (bloody theta) are upticking nicely after the crash and I'm in profits.

I'm planning on long term hold but what is considered long term in cypto? Was thinking 6 months.

I would like to avoid another elon crash, so is the main consensus is whenever a whale aka elon sh*t cans the market/BTC you sell out of everything regardless of long term plans buy in the recover.

At the moment, polygon is killing it but I doubt it'll last for ever and crash down, I don't look at the market every minute. So I should sell once the fall kicks in or ride the wave

You can set 'stop loss' orders, so it sells when price drops. So for example, if polygon current price is $2. Set stop loss at $1.80

As the price moves up, keep shifting the stop loss price up.

It's less risky, but it might sell during a dip, which can often bounce back to higher highs.

Question time.

I would like to avoid another elon crash, so is the main consensus is whenever a whale aka elon sh*t cans the market/BTC you sell out of everything regardless of long term plans buy in the recover.

Don't worry about the Elon crash, that's just FUD on which the BTC whales bought more during the dip (probably Elon included). These crashes happen once or twice a month so get used to it...

On the long-term question, it really depends on the project itself. I've got a couple of grand in a project which is currently super-low market cap but which I think has great long term potential (I'm talking years so will hold this one for a fair while).

Other ones I just ape into because I know they're rugpulls, so I just try to ride the pump for a bit until getting the * out before the rug gets pulled.

For instance, I'm up over $2k since 8pm last night on a couple off around $150 investment spread across both. I definitely do NOT recommend doing this unless you absolutely know what you are doing. This is straight up gambling but in the current greedy environment it does work if you pick the right ones.

The point of this? To buy more BTC and ETh during a dip of course.

Honestly though, if you're just looking for a secure, long term investment, you can't go wrong with BTC and ETH right now, especially buying the dip on BTC. Most other things involve watching the charts regularly, which isn't good for your blood pressure unless you're a seasoned pro...

Last edited:
Have I missed the Bus on MATIC at $2 now?
still hugely undervalued. might see a correction shortly so id wait, but then again it could also just keep going parabolic.

Look at the project. Understand what it does, what it will do, and why you should have this as a permanent part of your portfolio. This is probably one of the most undervalued projects in the entire crypto sphere.

Have I missed the Bus on MATIC at $2 now?
I don't think so, considering it's the best platform on Eth right now. Don't want to buy during a pump though but that's your decision to make. Reckon it could easily 5x from here.
Just pumped roughly 10% in 5 minutes, sold my dud theta with an overall $2 loss and bough more poly at $2, but don't listen to me I've been doing this for 48hrs and playing with chook feed :p

Last edited:
Just pumped roughly 10% in 5 minutes, sold my dud theta with an overall $2 loss and bough more poly at $2, but don't listen to me I've been doing this for 48hrs and playing with chook feed :p
If you're just playing then that's fine but long-term, it isn't always wise to sell a losing position to buy into a pump. What inevitably happens is you stay in the pump until it dumps and then your old position becomes a pump and you swap back over. You'll just meme yourself with the old classic 'buy high sell low'.

But you gotta take a few losses to properly learn that. Trust me, I know firsthand :p

If you're just playing then that's fine but long-term, it isn't always wise to sell a losing position to buy into a pump. What inevitably happens is you stay in the pump until it dumps and then your old position becomes a pump and you swap back over. You'll just meme yourself with the old classic 'buy high sell low'.

But you gotta take a few losses to properly learn that. Trust me, I know firsthand :p
Well it's not chook feed more money I can feel ok if I lose. $1700 for this learning experience.
I placed $1k into eth and spread the rest across MATIC, DOT, SOL, ZEC, ADA, LTC, FTM.

I feel confident that eth will hopefully double by end of the year and if the rest tank I still brake even, hedging my bets so to speak.

Yeh looking back at theta now i could of broke even, I only had $30 thetas so it was my last one I picked with the leftover money I had.

It's a good learning curve, not huge coin but still enough to make myself chose wisely.

My main concern is rug pulls, I don't want to play with meme coins and gamble the rug pulls like you mention.
I haven't read alot about what I have chose, just Eth and Poly, not sure if what I chosen are rugpulls or not

I don't think so, considering it's the best platform on Eth right now. Don't want to buy during a pump though but that's your decision to make. Reckon it could easily 5x from here.
How long does a pump normally last for? I almost pulled the trigger at $2.20 but it went down a little but now almost at $2.30. Should I wait a few hours, a day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's not chook feed more money I can feel ok if I lose. $1700 for this learning experience.
I placed $1k into eth and spread the rest across MATIC, DOT, SOL, ZEC, ADA, LTC, FTM.

I feel confident that eth will hopefully double by end of the year and if the rest tank I still brake even, hedging my bets so to speak.

Yeh looking back at theta now i could of broke even, I only had $30 thetas so it was my last one I picked with the leftover money I had.

It's a good learning curve, not huge coin but still enough to make myself chose wisely.

My main concern is rug pulls, I don't want to play with meme coins and gamble the rug pulls like you mention.
I haven't read alot about what I have chose, just Eth and Poly, not sure if what I chosen are rugpulls or not
all solid projects, but dont take other ppl's words. spend spare time researching the projects and following the right ppl on twitter/youtube etc. there are tons n tons of information out there to help make decisions. at end of the day its your money you are investing, you should do the research and feel confident about it. way too many ppl these days just jumping in blindly expecting to make 3-4x investment in a memecoin

Unlikely you'll get rugpulled on any major exchanges, they have to be vetted and audited properly before being listed. Rug Pulls happen on DeFi exchanges, mostly ones on Binance, because they're so easy to do. Anything less than a month with zero use case is just a scam. You can still make money on them, Iplay with them for quick gains, but you have to get out early before the rug gets pulled.

ADA chugging along nicely. Bought more after dumping DOGE. Losses covered already.
Yep, after Doge peaked at about 66 cents yesterday morning (I am aware it went up further, but it got me back into the positives with it), I put that straight into ADA. Conservative estimates have it reaching anywhere from 8-10 USD by end of 2021.

Anyone on here bullish about Dent this year?
i have had a look at it few weeks back. didnt really interest me. What dent is could be done just as effectively if not more, on a simple mobile or desktop app. Adding it to a blockchain is just a cash grab imo. But i guess if we get a massive alt coin season anything is possible

Question time.

THETA will be fine.

Long term for me is anywhere from 3+ years.

What's up with these fan token, like AC Milan ect ect
Look like the biggest con, coins that get pumped and dumped.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
Most of these tokens are complete s**t. The trick is to sell scam tokens to a bigger fool; on that note, I bought some xrp at $1.45 earlier hoping to dump my bag on someone dumber than me. So far, so good.

What's up with these fan token, like AC Milan ect ect
Look like the biggest con, coins that get pumped and dumped.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Not cons at all, they are utility tokens.

They are powered by Chiliz and their chain. There's actually a lot of potential behind the concept for sporting clubs to make a lot of money through NFTs. It also allows fans more say in their club which after the latest events in the failure of the ESL attempt is very much to the front of the news and will continue to be.

AC Milan Fan Token (ACM) | Binance Research

Remove this Banner Ad

Back