Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why am I reading different live prices on different sites

for example lite coin, in the 80's at one site and in the 60's and another, on a number of different sites these prices are different

Why am I reading different live prices on different sites

for example lite coin, in the 80's at one site and in the 60's and another, on a number of different sites these prices are different

Litecoin is in the 80s AUD.
$63 American

Any thoughts on ripple? lots of people seem to be getting on

I own some, mainly just because from what little I know (yeah yeah should do research etc) its got involvement by 15 of the biggest 50 banks in the world. The idea is that instantaneous payments/transfers could occur. Ie I send you $64 Canadian and you want to receive it as Doge in your account in Russia. This would be possible nearly instantaneously. That sounds like something that is very much going to be necessary moving forward.

Curious to know of those on here who own bitcoin and other cryptos also own shares or is this your first foray into investing?

Not first foray, but most successful so far. Stocks haven't given me the returns I've gotten in Crypto.

I own some, mainly just because from what little I know (yeah yeah should do research etc) its got involvement by 15 of the biggest 50 banks in the world. The idea is that instantaneous payments/transfers could occur. Ie I send you $64 Canadian and you want to receive it as Doge in your account in Russia. This would be possible nearly instantaneously. That sounds like something that is very much going to be necessary moving forward.

Not first foray, but most successful so far. Stocks haven't given me the returns I've gotten in Crypto.

Got to ask you then, or anyone who can answer, predicted growth in the following

lite coin
ripple
ethereum
eth-classic
bitcoin cash (bah?)
and of course bitcoin itself

Feel like I'm way too late to the party on bitcoin, but reading some predictions of it being worth 40k in 2-3 years buying fractions here and there might be ok

It's quite a strange time... Crypto is the future but no one knows what's going to happen in the immediate or who will come out on top as the preferred...

So called experts give polarizing opinions for and against that totally contrast each others views...

Personally i think its going to come down to platform and user friendly interfacing which points to ETH but you certainly can't count out BTC as its shown incredible resilience due to its community and from what i understand plenty of scope to one day upgrade its self to keep its user base happy but its ultimately the miners who are running the show ATM...

Im a little bummed about the suspension of the fork as I'd planned to hold my ETH, BTC and play flippity with the new spawned coin rather aggressively...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an amazing 24 hours...

From what i can tell... There was a manipulation going down of people (savvy crypto flippers) selling high priced BTC for BCC off of the Fork cancellation and now its reversing after they've skimmed all of the loose money from punters and BTC is on its way back up...

I've done ok :) got some very cheap BTC and then ~~~~> up she went!!!

Fascinating stuff

What an amazing 24 hours...

From what i can tell... There was a manipulation going down of people (savvy crypto flippers) selling high priced BTC for BCC off of the Fork cancellation and now its reversing after they've skimmed all of the loose money from punters and BTC is on its way back up...

I've done ok :) got some very cheap BTC and then ~~~~> up she went!!!

Fascinating stuff

Quite amazing. Been watching too, BCH goes bullish, BTC goes bearish.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...han-us2000-in-three-days-20171113-gzk3t1.html

I know nothing about trading stocks but this mind blowing. What type of people are investing in this to have such a high turnover? All the major US investment people all publicly state its way too dodgy for them to invest in, where exactly is the money coming from, what types of fund managers are allowed to invest in this?

Mining cartels.
There is very little institutional money in crypto, and you wouldn't hear from those that are.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...han-us2000-in-three-days-20171113-gzk3t1.html

I know nothing about trading stocks but this mind blowing. What type of people are investing in this to have such a high turnover? All the major US investment people all publicly state its way too dodgy for them to invest in, where exactly is the money coming from, what types of fund managers are allowed to invest in this?

From what I understand it was more so the Chinese who have been prepping it for a while since the Fork...

BCC or BCH is apparently almost exclusively Chinese as in stake/mining and was a conscious decision to be pumped as BTC hit new highs after the Fork cancelled...

The sad thing is it virtually works as a dragnet to take punters money trying to chase the climbs...

Classic pump n dump by big players in sync... The scary thing is that they can keep doing it until BTC can't recover as well as it has this time...

BCH up over 100% then down 80%... Nuthin Suss!!!

From what I understand it was more so the Chinese who have been prepping it for a while since the Fork...

BCC or BCH is apparently almost exclusively Chinese as in stake/mining and was a conscious decision to be pumped as BTC hit new highs after the Fork cancelled...

The sad thing is it virtually works as a dragnet to take punters money trying to chase the climbs...

Classic pump n dump by big players in sync... The scary thing is that they can keep doing it until BTC can't recover as well as it has this time...

BCH up over 100% then down 80%... Nuthin Suss!!!

Its especially dangerous too because of the scalability issues, block times and high fees prople can get stuck holding bitcoin if all thr miners jump to the other chain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back