Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely, but that was a crazy 15 minutes of price action for the 2nd largest crypto. Price fluctuating like that in a short timeframe takes big money.

It's a 4% swing in price over 15 minutes, definitely not unprecedented and has probably happened at least a dozen times this year already for ETH.

Was actually a 6% swing in price. I am assuming you understand the type of money it takes to move a large asset like ETH in a quick period of time?

I get you're passionate, but the level of condescension you post with is something you really need to get under control. Particularly when ash has shown the be a consistently high quality poster.

I get you're passionate, but the level of condescension you post with is something you really need to get under control. Particularly when ash has shown the be a consistently high quality poster.
I am allowed to post as I please. Ash has attacked me in a couple of previous posts and I find his posting to be arrogant at times.

I am allowed to post as I please. Ash has attacked me in a couple of previous posts and I find his posting to be arrogant at times.

If anything I've found him to be pretty respectful when he's disagreed with you.

You've come wading in, very clearly new to the space, and talk down to people on the back of watching apparently a truckload of YouTube videos.

You're free to post as you like, but it comes across pretty poorly for what's generally an informative thread, and I find it personally distasteful.

If anything I've found him to be pretty respectful when he's disagreed with you.

You've come wading in, very clearly new to the space, and talk down to people on the back of watching apparently a truckload of YouTube videos.

You're free to post as you like, but it comes across pretty poorly for what's generally an informative thread, and I find it personally distasteful.
The fact you’ve resorted to a condescending point that I’m only making opinions based on YouTube videos (which is completely incorrect and fairly obvious from what I post) just shows a level of arrogance in your posting as well. Anyway, the ignore button is your friend if you don’t enjoy my posts.

I think this thread has veered away from informative now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact you’ve resorted to a condescending point that I’m only making opinions based on YouTube videos (which is completely incorrect and fairly obvious from what I post) just shows a level of arrogance in your posting as well. Anyway, the ignore button is your friend if you don’t enjoy my posts.

I generally avoid ignoring anyone, living in an echo chamber is boring and uninformative.

Post as you like, just be aware that I think you've come across as condescending to people that pull you up on making authoritative statements, and that those people have in many cases shown they've had a lot to offer.

You're free to ignore me, and anyone who challenges you, if you like, it's your money.

Was actually a 6% swing in price. I am assuming you understand the type of money it takes to move a large asset like ETH in a quick period of time?

If it started at 2630, dropped 4% to 2520, and then went back up to 2630 (a 6% increase from 2520) it's a 4% swing down. It would only be a 6% swing if it started at 2520 and went up 6%, which isn't what happened according to your post.

ETH dumped to about 2520 as the upgrade went live, surged back over 2630 within about 10 minutes.

It makes sense if you read it like a news article:
"The ETH price fluctuated today with the rollout of an upgrade, whereby the price initially dropped 4% before quickly recovering to its initial pre rollout price'.
vs
'The ETH price fluctuated today with the rollout of an upgrade, whereby the price initially dropped 4% before quickly posting a 6% gain from the low to get back to its initial pre rollout price'.

Last edited:
If you go back to the first few pages of this thread, it has very rarely just been about providing information. This is a discussion forum, not a news outlet.

Exactly. And at times, there was some valuable and informative discussion. Recently? Not so much. Nobody comes here for news.

Exactly. And at times, there was some valuable and informative discussion. Recently? Not so much. Nobody comes here for news.

i just come here for reinforcement on my buy and sells. If i just bought something i want to read 'good time to buy' and when i sell i want to read 'good time to sell' or if ive held i want to read 'dont sell' - just reinforcement... 🤣

I have posted a number of times with some trading analysis and news/rumours floating around. If you choose to ignore that or think because I’ve been around for a short period of time my opinion doesn’t matter, well I can’t do much about that.

I'd say some sort of regulation is a very likely scenario. The exchanges know as much - they've already started making changes to get on the front foot.

For example Binance has already reduced (quite significantly) what a customer can withdraw without having completed KYC. Also the much needed (IMO) changes to leverage trading with a new maximum of 25x.

Watch out for a crackdown on stablecoins also - this is where the governments will try get their slice of the pie.

Crypto is the future and it's here to stay. Governments know it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back