Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what everyone was saying 7 years ago when I first invested in XRP, 'once we get through this lawsuit' a price of X is 'hardly unrealistic'. The fact is 7 years later they've had very little uptake from banks, and wire transfers are still the common standard in banking, despite Ripple offering a process that's completed in under 3 seconds. 'But the lawsuit is holding it back' is also completely false, again the same thing was said back 2018 for their lawsuits that it was a security, their lawsuit against R3 and their lawsuit against Jed McCaleb.

Ripple Swell has been held since 2017, and I remember being super pumped at the time because surely with all these industry people coming to see industry leading keynote speakers at a Ripple conference it would be enough to propel them into the mainstream banking space. 4 years on from their ground breaking conference and nothing has happened.

Additionally their CTO David Schwartz used be all over every aspect of Ripple, on XRP Chat daily etc talking about how they were going to change the world with their payment systems. Today his passion has clearly taken a back seat, most likely because a lot of Ripple employees cashed out and made tens of millions of dollars each during the 2017/18 bull run.

In short Ripple is unlikely to make moves any time soon IMO, and that's coming from someone who really wants them to succeed. It's also the unwanted step child of the crypto space, and gets a lot of hate from crypto enthusiasts because 'it's not a real coin'.
I’m well aware of its checkered history and failed promises, this is why it’s not my number one holding. I completely understand the flaws, but am well aware of the upside too. My average buy price is well below a dollar, the downside for me at this stage isn’t huge.

How do you guys see this playing out?

After a few drinks, I'm seeing 38k->33k->43k->29k
I called the top and bottom of this move while I was drunk (+/- $500), though the order was mixed up. I'll let you guys know what's coming up over the next couple months when I'm on the turps again.

EIP-1559/London hard fork upgrade should occur around 6-7pm AEST this Thursday, just got an email from Nexo confirming that ETH transactions will be unavailable from about an hour before to 3 hours after the upgrade.
Dump it

111.png

Anyone have any idea how high Luna might go? I'm up over 80% on my investment and am getting nervous! Haven't made any profits yet so kind of want to just sell and finally get a little win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf is TRU and why didn't someone here shill it to me?

+ 431% ?????
I posted about this somewhere earlier in this thread. I have a very modest bag. Happy to cash out today though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back