Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This dip seems to be fueled by short term investors scared off by China FUD that even I’ve seen about 3 times in 4 months now. From a TA perspective, the market was looking healthy. What were you seeing at 45k? BTC and ETH were back in the ranges they sat in for all of August.
I don't bother with news. 45k was a pivotal point in terms of TA. It was a line in the sand moment, and the rejection is worrying for bulls.

We're in a bear market imo.

A similar article from July 2021 regarding crackdown in China notes "China accounted for less than half of the power used to mine bitcoin in April, down sharply from 75.5% in September 2019."

Source.

Sandra Sully with the late news! Surely you’ve been in crypto long enough to see several China bans crypto stories? The story that popped up on social media today was a rehash of the original story from 3 weeks ago when nobody cared.

Apologies, I don't spend every hour of the day glued to a commodities market I'm not invested in.

You sure do post a lot in here for someone not invested heavily.

It's still an interest, albeit one that fluctuates depending on what else is going on in life.

You haven’t explained why 45k was so important. ash_1050 will be happy with your last statement.

No idea, I'm not into charts and am FA driven rather than TA. All I know is crypto is back in a bear market and there's currently a lot of volatility, which is interesting to observe when you don't have skin in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange BTC dip. Most of the Alts I'm holding have barely dropped.

EDIT: Some have a bit, but overall my portfolio dropped 3-4%.
It’s because the news was 2 weeks old and is just a rehash of old stances that China have on crypto anyway. It’s a pretty clear signal to how early we are in this market that it can react to effectively the same news over and over.

Yeah, not concerned about the China news at all. In fact, they're simply shooting themselves in the foot by cutting off greater wealth to their country, although i'm sure the CCP itself will have no issues stock piling bitcoin, as they always have done.

All that effort to rise to be the world's biggest financial superpower then throwing it all away by cutting yourself off from the future of global finance, all because you want to have total control over your populace, is astronomical levels of stupid.

Coti has a market cap of 521 million, and the last 24 hours trading volume of 671 million. I'm new to this game so I ask, is this unusual?
It's relatively normal, people buy because the see high volume, which means holders will sell when there's an increase, which leads to a bit of a battle between the bears and the bulls. Might've also been some news come out which has increased trading volume also.

It's relatively normal, people buy because the see high volume, which means holders will sell when there's an increase, which leads to a bit of a battle between the bears and the bulls. Might've also been some news come out which has increased trading volume also.
Ok thanks. Yeah there's rumoured to be an announcement at the Cardano summit this weekend about a coti partnership and their stable coin. It's almost doubled in the last week so I'm trying to work out the sell point.

Ok thanks. Yeah there's rumoured to be an announcement at the Cardano summit this weekend about a coti partnership and their stable coin. It's almost doubled in the last week so I'm trying to work out the sell point.
Yeah, always hard to tell when coins go on a tear.

I'd consider looking to sell before the announcement tbh, as most of the times coins dump just prior, or straight after. The old 'buy the rumour, sell the news' play.

Of course, it could be a big announcement that may push the price up even further in the next few weeks. Expect a dump/nothing shortly after the announcement though. It's rare for people to load up after big news comes out about a project as they're all trying to get in as early as possible before the news goes public.

NFA.

Yeah, always hard to tell when coins go on a tear.

I'd consider looking to sell before the announcement tbh, as most of the times coins dump just prior, or straight after. The old 'buy the rumour, sell the news' play.

Of course, it could be a big announcement that may push the price up even further in the next few weeks. Expect a dump/nothing shortly after the announcement though. It's rare for people to load up after big news comes out about a project as they're all trying to get in as early as possible before the news goes public.

NFA.
I sold 1/3 at .64 and content with that. I really struggle at this taking profits thing but it needs to become a strength of mine, as I don't consider myself a long term hodlr. But if BTC goes to 20k, then I might actually buy one.

Came home from dinner tonight and saw Link doing something by itself while most of the market was crabbing.. something I haven't really seen, so looked into it and turns out they have a partnership with ADA.

You haven’t explained why 45k was so important.
Support and resistance. You can recognise s/r zones by the amount of turbulent price action there.
ash_1050 will be happy with your last statement.
It's not about being happy or unhappy. It's about making money.

It’s because the news was 2 weeks old and is just a rehash of old stances that China have on crypto anyway. It’s a pretty clear signal to how early we are in this market that it can react to effectively the same news over and over.
The market reacted to resistance, not news. We're not early.

Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy cos 40k is going bye bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back