Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it would make sense for me to ever sell my LUNA. I'll never get it at the prices I did. Thinking I'll carry through bear.

That, and my DOT/KSM is locked up with crowdloans. Apart from that, I'll likely exit all my positions in the next month or two.

I don't think it would make sense for me to ever sell my LUNA. I'll never get it at the prices I did. Thinking I'll carry through bear.

That, and my DOT/KSM is locked up with crowdloans. Apart from that, I'll likely exit all my positions in the next month or two.

Yeah we really need to start thinking at this point, which of our holdings are only for this cycle and which are for 2024 and beyond. Luna definitely looks like a long termer.

What did you get your Luna for?

What did you get your Luna for?
My average is $4-5ish.

I did sell some mid 40's to take out initial and a small profit, otherwise I'm happy to let this hold for years.

I'm certain $1000 will happen, at least in the next cycle. I'm hoping for a SOL-like run in this cycle, however I always said $100 as a minimum.

My average is $4-5ish.

I did sell some mid 40's to take out initial and a small profit, otherwise I'm happy to let this hold for years.

I'm certain $1000 will happen, at least in the next cycle. I'm hoping for a SOL-like run in this cycle, however I always said $100 as a minimum.
Nice. I had around the same originally but sold at 7 or something mad trying to scalp then it shot away. I'm really going to try and narrow what I have down to long holds and walk away. Crypto is taking far too much of my attention and we have a baby due in 2 months.

Don't you want to maximise profits with LUNA though? It makes no sense to me to hold through a bear market and lose a significant portion of those unrealised gains, which you could then use to increase your holdings.

Nice. I had around the same originally but sold at 7 or something mad trying to scalp then it shot away. I'm really going to try and narrow what I have down to long holds and walk away. Crypto is taking far too much of my attention and we have a baby due in 2 months.
Once crypto sucks you in, you're in for life

I saw this post in Reddit, what do you make of it..

If everyone wants to be a millionaire, we need to do a few calculations. First, because Jade has such a high interest rate, it will hit it's minimum backed value of $1 faster than most people would like. When it does, 1 JADE = $1 this means that for every holder, they will need to have 1,000,000 JADE to have $1,000,000.

If we divide the amount of JADE (According to the project Dashboard) by the number of JADE holders, we get 17.87. this is the Average amount of JADE per wallet address. According to these numbers, in about 238 days, each wallet would have 1,000,000 JADE. keep in mind that at this time it would be $1 per JADE. To take your profit, there would need to be enough liquidity for you to sell.

The amount of JADE in your wallet would have multiplied 55,959 times. if we multiply the current amount of JADE, we get 23,622,364,383. this is the amount of money the treasury would need to have to back all the JADE.

$23,622,364,383.

Also keep in mind that (according to my estimates) if no new money came into the treasury, each JADE will have a backed value of $1 in 110 days. Nobody wants to buy a token that can't earn them yield, so everyone won't be able to sell.

I saw this post in Reddit, what do you make of it..

If everyone wants to be a millionaire, we need to do a few calculations. First, because Jade has such a high interest rate, it will hit it's minimum backed value of $1 faster than most people would like. When it does, 1 JADE = $1 this means that for every holder, they will need to have 1,000,000 JADE to have $1,000,000.

If we divide the amount of JADE (According to the project Dashboard) by the number of JADE holders, we get 17.87. this is the Average amount of JADE per wallet address. According to these numbers, in about 238 days, each wallet would have 1,000,000 JADE. keep in mind that at this time it would be $1 per JADE. To take your profit, there would need to be enough liquidity for you to sell.

The amount of JADE in your wallet would have multiplied 55,959 times. if we multiply the current amount of JADE, we get 23,622,364,383. this is the amount of money the treasury would need to have to back all the JADE.

$23,622,364,383.

Also keep in mind that (according to my estimates) if no new money came into the treasury, each JADE will have a backed value of $1 in 110 days. Nobody wants to buy a token that can't earn them yield, so everyone won't be able to sell.
So basically, there will be no liquidity to sell the tokens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ Don't worry about any of that. Just compound until you hit a reasonable target, say 3x or 5x and then start selling your yield and keep selling every day until the house of cards collapses LMAO.

Im not sure yet, part of me wants to kind of get out of most thing, but leave my poocoins and Jade and just let them ride. If Jade holds up I'll make more in the next month on that alone than all my other holdings.

I think we will get a bounce back up, it may be temporary but silly to sell now I think.

Crypto Banter did a great show yesterday explaining what's happening in the US with the Feds trying to slow down growth, mass resignations of CEOs with the theory that the top is in after unprecedented growth and there's no upside in sticking around. I havent done any research to see if their claims stack up but it was an interesting show.
For me, I'll be looking to exit and take profits over the next 2-3 months. The market still looks like there's still a bit left in it, but when crypto has been such a big opportunity for wealth creation I don't want it to all go sour and for me to go into capital preservation mode all of a sudden because my portfolio is starting to go red.

There's some holdings I'm genuinely attached to and may hold for long term even through the bear market and check back again in a few years like QNT as I believe in what they are doing. But that'll be the exception.

For me, I'll be looking to exit and take profits over the next 2-3 months. The market still looks like there's still a bit left in it, but when crypto has been such a big opportunity for wealth creation I don't want it to all go sour and for me to go into capital preservation mode all of a sudden because my portfolio is starting to go red.

There's some holdings I'm genuinely attached to and may hold for long term even through the bear market and check back again in a few years like QNT as I believe in what they are doing. But that'll be the exception.
I dont think Telegram groups are a good place to view balanced er, views, but your plan/idea seems to be a common train of thought. Bullmarket/Plan B hype seems to have really dropped of a cliff since the first week or 2 of November.

If there is this kind of group thinking going on, then I'd rather beat the people who want to get out in 2-3 months and get out sooner.

On the other hand BTC could be back at 60K by wednesday and we're all...

1638715045261.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back