Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha Cheerf getting loose the Pimms again stickying this at the top of each page of 'that' thread.View attachment 1399322
Why is that a bad thing?

Good for you that you're mature and settled and financially well off. Good for you that you can speculate and wear losses with your hard earned. But there are lots of kids in this space who have lost money. And I emphasise kids. And there are lots of 20-somethings who will have lost amounts that, to you or I is insignificant, but to them is a lot of money.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah pretty much. No one knows what price the absolute nut bottom will be, but between now and the end of the year is the perfect time to DCA into bitcoin if you have spare cash (even better if you get it below $30k). Honestly I would be steering clear of alts right now until the macro climate improves and the market turns bullish again (probably not until early next year at the earliest).

EDIT: Also remember that bitcoin has already tested 65% below it's all time high. Usually it tests 85% below. However the blow off top wasnt as big previous cycles so wouldn't surprise me if it only falls 70%, which would make the bottom around ~$20k. Just speculating there obviously.
Can’t see it going lower than the 200 WMA at 22-23k, went very close to there the other day. The average cost price point for BTC is at about the 200 WMA too, so I’m sure the market makers have plenty of large buy orders setup there. Heck, 25k could have been the low and we just crab around 30k for a few months.

Nov 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can’t see it going lower than the 200 WMA at 22-23k, went very close to there the other day. The average cost price point for BTC is at about the 200 WMA too, so I’m sure the market makers have plenty of large buy orders setup there. Heck, 25k could have been the low and we just crab around 30k for a few months.

You may be right, but never underestimate how low btc (And alts especially) will go in a bear market.

Nov 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
$20k would only be a 70% retracement from the peak. Previous cycles have had bigger blow-offs and done an 85% retracement from the peak...

Also just adding to this - previous cycles haven't had $17B worth of stablecoins waiting to be redeployed on the sidelines completely wiped from the market. There's literally zero chance in my mind that $25k is the low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha Cheerf getting loose the Pimms again stickying this at the top of each page of 'that' thread.View attachment 1399322
With half a million visitors a month and reports of people losing their savings, it may be useful.

You don't know how many people with mental health issues contact each other privately, contact mods. We've done several calls to local police for welfare checks on users.

So... just be aware that this is an issue. Thanks.

Nov 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone think any major crypto exchanges will go bankrupt during this bear market? I actually think crypto.com and coinbase may be heading down that path. Would avoid keeping any of my coins on these exchanges at all costs -

Crypto .com: Changing terms of their CC rewards, "reversing" transactions, spending way too much on sponsorships
Coinbase: Been doing some dodgy updates to their Terms of Service (for one, a recent update of their ToS states that retail users can have their assets held on the exchange rendered as property of the bankruptcy estate, in the event of a bankruptcy).

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Anyone think any major crypto exchanges will go bankrupt during this bear market? I actually think crypto.com and coinbase may be heading down that path. Would avoid keeping any of my coins on these exchanges at all costs -

Crypto .com: Changing terms of their CC rewards, "reversing" transactions, spending way too much on sponsorships
Coinbase: Been doing some dodgy updates to their Terms of Service (for one, a recent update of their ToS states that retail users can have their assets held on the exchange rendered as property of the bankruptcy estate, in the event of a bankruptcy).
I only utilise BTC Markets at present. Have you used their services before?

Yep, I'm questioning crypto.com's future at this point.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
With half a million visitors a month and reports of people losing their savings, it may be useful.

You don't know how many people with mental health issues contact each other privately, contact mods. We've done several calls to local police for welfare checks on users.

So... just be aware that this is an issue. Thanks.
I'd expect the same warning on any thread involving gambling odds then.

I'd expect the same warning on any thread involving gambling odds then.
If there was a big event involving gambling that involved tons of people losing all of their money all at once... ? Otherwise there's a thread at the top of the main board.

In any case, that's all the discussion I will have about it.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
If there was a big event involving gambling that involved tons of people losing all of their money all at once... ? Otherwise there's a thread at the top of the main board.

In any case, that's all the discussion I will have about it.
Do you understand how bookmakers work?

seasonedsainter

All Australian
Mar 20, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone hopped on to this yet?

At the moment it kinda sucks for Australians, as the most you can buy is $300 USD using CEX.IO.

Plus there isn't really a good ETH wallet out there yet.

In the past month ETH has gone from about $150 aus to $460. I wonder if it'll hold up.

Any similar investments made by anyone here? Share your tips/experiences.

Wow, look at those prices in this legendary OP! I mean, I think it's clear to most now, if you can keep your head, act soundly and stay around crypto for a few years, you're most likely gonna make it.

Of course, if you willingly decide enter the crypto ecosystem, and you not only make poor choices, but you invest too much and hold it as it goes to ZERO, well friend, it's not crypto that's the problem, I'm afraid it's you and this is true for any other risk-exposed activity in life, generally speaking. Nanny goats and politicians will say different, but really, trusting their opinion is more risky to your well-being than any shitcoin tbh.

There's certain types of people in this world. People who take risks. People who'd like to take risks, but never quite have the courage. People who don't like to take risks. And, people who don't like to take risks, but do like to try to stop anyone who does.

Where do you fit anon?

PS so glad to see the AFL partnering with major Aussie crypto brands. A sign of the times, I'd say! :clapping:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back