Analysis Journalist/Media Types and Their Views on Our Season

Remove this Banner Ad

As we all know we're an easy target for those either trying to make a name for themselves or improve their ratings/increase click bait.
The year is bound to be full of commentary and rather than start a new thread for each individual a dedicated thread seemed like a good idea to me.

Don’t give it too much credibility. Doubt a decent analysis was done amongst any of them.
A lot though are predicting Gaff to return to VIC.

Take it as a grain of salt. This time last year not many people including the media predicted that Richmond would win a premiership.

I do. I just showing there Crystal Balls and Quite a Few you come back at Seasons End and the are Way Off

Until something Positive Happens that is what you going to Get,
If everyone is so confident we will be sh*t and finish bottom 4 whats the point of watching or going to any games then?

Point is you really dont know, the last 2 years are a perfect example of anything can happen. I'm not saying we will do a Richmond or a dogs, we very well may finish low but no one knows, it's footy. The competition is as close as it has been for a long time. I think lets just wait and see. Be a bit more open minded mate.

If everyone is so confident we will be sh*t and finish bottom 4 whats the point of watching or going to any games then?

Point is you really dont know, the last 2 years are a perfect example of anything can happen. I'm not saying we will do a Richmond or a dogs, we very well may finish low but no one knows, it's footy. The competition is as close as it has been for a long time. I think lets just wait and see. Be a bit more open minded mate.

Confident and Happening are 2 Different Things and I don't have much of a Social Life so it gets me out the House.

I started going Regularly to games in early 2005 Season when we where Stone Motherless Dead Last.

Yes we could Improve but we could just easily go Backwards and 5 Years Going Backwards make it hard to Be Positive for up coming season

Happy with low expectations to be honest. Means we can go under the radar and slowly build confidence from within.

I don't have high expectations either, but hopefully this gives the team extra motivation in addition to their self-motivation to prove their critics wrong.

Last edited:
Dave i am i bit like you but going to reserve my judgment until say 6 games,at the moment i see us a non finals team and yes the same as last year.

Will take 6 Games to have a Better Idea but I still saying what I think Pre-Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can get to 3-3 after 6 rounds I believe we're surely capable of winning 10 out of the next 16 when the draw gets seemingly easier.

13 wins would see us play finals you'd think.

Lots of very close results last year.
If we improve a bit, players get better (the young ones)
We might just improve.

Positive trumps negative.

And if not, have a free September to do other things.

Lots of very close results last year.
If we improve a bit, players get better (the young ones)
We might just improve.

Positive trumps negative.

And if not, have a free September to do other things.

And what if the other teams improve a bit ;) but seriously though I hear you.

Setting my expectations in the basement this year. That way I’m going to have a rippa year regardless. Get on board.

Think Most Media agree with me thinking we could Easily be Bottom 4 Side and Not much Improvement to be Made

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-17/crystal-ball-aflcomaus-2018-predictions

Don’t worry Dave. I have us making too 4 and least a prelim if not A flag. My opinion is as valid as theirs, if not more so.

I’ve actually watched collingwood play closely for years and I don’t use a negative slant toward the Pies to get people reading my gibberish.

Don’t stress, we will get a good run at it this year and win abut 15-16 games.

Got a really good feeling about this year.

The press could be right, or may not. I think we are one of the teams who will be in the mix, but also not make it.
We will improve l have no doubt, but wether that shows in the win column not sure. The ride could get very bumpy. But that’s the fun of it.

I think we might go okay given our draw (particularly late). I have had a look at our fixture and predicted our wins & losses as well as games I believe could go either way. I came up with ten wins, seven losses and five 50/50s. I then split the 50/50s into 3 losses & 2 wins, erring towards the conservative, coming up with a final 12-10 season.

upload_2018-3-17_22-0-30.png

Wishful thinking but not outside the realm of possibility?

I think we might go okay given our draw (particularly late). I have had a look at our fixture and predicted our wins & losses as well as games I believe could go either way. I came up with ten wins, seven losses and five 50/50s. I then split the 50/50s into 3 losses & 2 wins, erring towards the conservative, coming up with a final 12-10 season.

View attachment 471154

Wishful thinking but not outside the realm of possibility?

IMO 50/50 for Port/Melbourne but that's all moot I suppose. Bring on the challenge I say (with more than a little apprehension)!

Until something Positive Happens that is what you going to Get,

Positives are . . .
Footys back
New look structure (Moore looking good in Def / Cox forward)
New kids, and opportunities to others like Aish, Brown and maybe McLarty and Siere.
Lots to be positive about. At least you myst be a little excited to see the team play a H&A game.

Oh, and I get to wear my new ugly sweater I received for Christmas (another positive).

It is a little draining with the 'debbie downer' posts. Even if we do as horrible as you guys think, the positive is a high draft pick.

images.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back