MVP CSM Night 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Now you tell me. I went and hired a tux.
I ordered a Lucky Meal and watched the awards in my pyjamas. I'm going to miss having an excuse not to cook.

Congrats to Bont, Macrae and Libba for podium finishes. Well deserved. Everyone in the top ten had great years and deserve their spots. I can't really begrudge any of those placings.

One takeaway I noticed is genuinely how disappointed the playing group looked. Despite our very good season, a season that in all honesty exceeded the expectations of most, they clearly all look so disappointed. I'm thinking (maybe hoping) this is a great sign. Of course they'd be hurting, but it's great to see this reflected by their body language.

We can only hope this disappointment and emptiness they all seem to have leads us to bigger and better things in 2022.

I'm not quite ready to welcome 2022 yet. I'm going to enjoy the break. I'm thinking the players, coaches and support staff will enjoy a break too before refocusing on the 2022 campaign with the aim of going one step better.

Congrats to Bont, Macrae and Libba for podium finishes. Well deserved. Everyone in the top ten had great years and deserve their spots. I can't really begrudge any of those placings.

One takeaway I noticed is genuinely how disappointed the playing group looked. Despite our very good season, a season that in all honesty exceeded the expectations of most, they clearly all look so disappointed. I'm thinking (maybe hoping) this is a great sign. Of course they'd be hurting, but it's great to see this reflected by their body language.

We can only hope this disappointment and emptiness they all seem to have leads us to bigger and better things in 2022.

I'm not quite ready to welcome 2022 yet. I'm going to enjoy the break. I'm thinking the players, coaches and support staff will enjoy a break too before refocusing on the 2022 campaign with the aim of going one step better.
Disappointed of course but I just think they looked exhausted. Maybe a few were still nursing sore heads from Mad Monday.

And then having to do the whole thing from your hotel rooms without partners, relatives, friends, media and fans. To make all that look like a celebration was probably just too much to ask. Can't blame them for looking flat and unexcited.

It was a good decision to keep the whole things as short as possible. It must have been a tough gig for Bennett and Darcy trying to keep the show afloat.

Good luck to them all, hope they have a wonderful break, relaxing with their friends and families and just enjoying being away from footy for a while. The WA boys will stay put, no doubt, and Adz will be winging his way to Queensland. Most will unfortunately have to return to Victoria 🙁 but at least will be reunited with family.

BeMoreBont

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did our president not have anything to say? I was looking forward to hearing from her...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back