Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
So happy being a Cubs fan right now. Chicago is my second home as my wife is from there. We go back every 2 years and it is probably the greatest sporting city in the US. Go Cubs Go!!

Agreed , the best city in the US during the summer months no doubt in my opinion.
Not sure i could survive a winter there..... but i'd love to see a Blackhawks game

Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Is going to Chicago next year on the horizon? It would be awesome to be in Wrigley Field for the ring ceremonial next April.
Yes RPCB me and the Family are going but in August. Will catch a Cubs game while I'm there. My sister in law lives 2 Blocks from where Zorbist lives. She reckons he was in the neighbourhood signing autographs. Pretty cool.

Apologies if posted

What 108 years of pain and suffering looks like when it leaves the body.

This and the " Miracle at the Etihad " will stay with me until i shuffle off.
Follow neither team but life's not always about that.

After a bit of a rain delay just about to proudly watch the 2016 World Series banner being raised at Wrigley Field, something I've waited almost all of my 64 years for.:D

My "W" flag has been solemnly folded and placed ready to be packed away for my journey back to Melbourne on Sunday. If you're driving through Keilor East next week and see a "W" flag flying outside a house, stop by(except if you're a Mets or White Sox fan).

2yyuw5d.gif

Last edited:
Found this gem on YouTube. The very start shows the Cubs losing to the Dodgers in the NLDS on Oct 4, 2008. I remember exactly where I was at the time : celebrating my Cubs loving nephew's 28th birthday at a pizza joint. We went to about 70 games together when I lived in the states. In fact in 2008 I think I went to a total of 36 games. Disappointing end to the season. Little did I know that eight years later... :D

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Looking like the best team in the NL, but will they be good enough to challenge the best in the superior AL?

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hanging in there on top of the division despite a decidedly average bullpen.
Go Cubs Go

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Kimbrel certainly adds a bit to the bullpen. Still think it's crazy that he preferred to sit out the start of the season though

I don’t think he preferred it. Kimbrel and Keuchel asked for way too much money and years in the offseason that teams weren’t willing to pay and then when the season started, every team probably changed tact on them both and didn’t want to sign either during the season and pay the draft pick compensation to their former teams.

Never too late to start the year. I love the Craig Kimbrel signing after the draft because I love what we did in the draft.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hopefully he finds his best stuff and Morrow can get himself healthy.
Strop Morrow and Kimbrel are essential to our post season chances.

Kimbrels demands of 4yrs 120mill were totally excessive and 3 yrs 43mill without losing a compensation pick is far more realistic and acceptable for the Cubs

Last edited:

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t think he preferred it. Kimbrel and Keuchel asked for way too much money and years in the offseason that teams weren’t willing to pay and then when the season started, every team probably changed tact on them both and didn’t want to sign either during the season and pay the draft pick compensation to their former teams.

Never too late to start the year. I love the Craig Kimbrel signing after the draft because I love what we did in the draft.

I understand teams delaying signing him to avoid having to compensate Boston. Nevertheless from his point of view, he chose to knock back an offer and instead chase more money knowing it could mean not playing any ball for a fair chunk of the season. That part is a little bit strange to me.

Getting Morrow right is important now as well. Suddenly the bullpen seems a lot more potent if at it's best includes Morrow leading into Kimbrel.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I understand teams delaying signing him to avoid having to compensate Boston. Nevertheless from his point of view, he chose to knock back an offer and instead chase more money knowing it could mean not playing any ball for a fair chunk of the season. That part is a little bit strange to me.

Getting Morrow right is important now as well. Suddenly the bullpen seems a lot more potent if at it's best includes Morrow leading into Kimbrel.

Yeah, it is weird tbf. For all any of us knows he could have received offers from teams on his “no trade” list from his Red Sox contract. But I’ll take Kimbrel at a heavily discounted price.

And yeah, if we can get Morrow back somehow, that would be amazing. Kintzler, a strike throwing Edwards, Cishek, Strop, Kimbrel is fantastic. Add Morrow and/or a trade like Doolittle or Smith and wow.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

He did it the hard way today but gets the save in his first opportunity as a Chicago Cub. Still looks like he would belong in a wrestling ring or something if he wasn't a baseballer.

Back