• Access to their own gyms, medical rooms, kitchens, etc
  • Entire organisation is in one building
  • Only a short flight anyway, so who cares

Advantages of staying in Adelaide:
  • It's 'tough'
  • There's a lot of churches
  • Hotel probably has room service
You forgot another advantage of staying in Adelaide:

• I have to live away for work so why don’t they?

Advantages of returning home:
  • Players spend time with wife and kids
  • Coaches spend time with wife and kids
  • Team trains out of their own facilities
  • Access to their own gyms, medical rooms, kitchens, etc
  • Entire organisation is in one building
  • Only a short flight anyway, so who cares

Advantages of staying in Adelaide:
  • It's 'tough'
  • There's a lot of churches
  • Hotel probably has room service

I know I always feel like a hard campaigner when I'm eating chipolatas and drinking bad coffee for breakfast in a hotel dining room in another city

71f7o4.gif

We spent time in Adelaide.

So brave. So tough. So hard

We are not for one second soft heading home. Getting paid $200k+ from most folks to spend away from their feather bed and children is so f*cking tough. It's abysmal

Our boys are hard as nails and any thoughts that to contrary are so wrong. This is why we handled hubs so well......

Wait a sec.........

We spent time in Adelaide.

So brave. So tough. So hard

We are not for one second soft heading home. Getting paid $200k+ from most folks to spend away from their feather bed and children is so f*cking tough. It's abysmal

Our boys are hard as nails and any thoughts that to contrary are so wrong. This is why we handled hubs so well......

Wait a sec.........
It’s Adalaide, Mcg Melbourne I’d agree, stay their campaigners

Seemed like an opportunity for the group to spend some quality time together to build that connection. Right the wrongs of the Hub so to speak.

I think there is a lot to read into that decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRIDAY KNOCK OFFS: Mick Malthouse's Anzac Day lessons and advice for Brad Scott

When Mick talked about representation of a club, TBH, I am not sure what it is now? Still "BEST of the WEST"? or ???
Is it the reason why we use the word "soft" as the discussion.

Last edited:
No idea. I am tempting somebody having access to tell us.

Here you go…

My Snitch-Weagles told me staff were warned there would be consequences for any news on injuries or anything else for that matter finding its way to the West’s HQ in Osborne Park.

There were even suggestions the Snitch might have a chair in there.

I won’t confirm. I can’t deny.

But what I will say is where there is one leak there are two. And more. Like the old dam wall bursting.

I might have to stop frequenting cafes around the Lathlain area just the same. I wouldn’t want to give away my identity.

The finger-pointing meeting could be on the back of The West revealing injury news before the club was ready for it to come out on Monday night.

The West revealed Jeremy McGovern was set for a contract extension.
Or a column by Peter Sumich stating the Eagles had been misleading members about the extent of Nic Naitanui’s Achilles injury, which saw coach Adam Simpson come clean barely a day later.

Perhaps it could even be contract news being out in the open before West Coast could disclose it — The West Australian did exclusively report last month Jeremy McGovern was set to sign a two-year extension with the club, an announcement the Eagles are still yet to put out.

Or the timing of the meeting might have something to do with long-time boss Trevor Nisbett fronting the board and outlining a new four-year business plan.

In the chair since 1999, under Nisbett’s watch, the West Coast Eagles have become the mightiest financial force in the competition, with more than $50 million in savings.

The official word entering this season was the hunt for a successor was on, but that there was no rush.

No one has been anointed at this point in time.

Trevor Nisbett fronted the board and outlining a new four-year business plan.
The CEO wants to remain in charge until the on-field results are in the black again.

And that may well take five years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bump.

Poster still want to defend the sodt culture with no defence of Hewett

Since Covid. The club had become soft and whingy.

Simple as that, and past of the rebuild has to be the culture. I don't want to hear excuses and the senior players must protect the youngster.

MCGovern was going off among the injured playing group during the game about the lack of flag flying.

Alt not sure I can remember too many instances of the Gov flag flying, but at least the sentiment is right.

We really have become the Freo of circa 2018 when their flag flying over the Gaff incident was truly marshmallow stuff.

Mind you, although Degoey will get weeks, it wasn’t really late and he never intended to take out the head.

The fact that one of our players was knocked out on the ground should have been enough to send a few of the older blokes in to remonstrate, especially given it was a first-year player.

Duggan shaking hands with JDG after the game as if nothing happened also irked me - should have least have taken the opportunity to voice his displeasure at what happened.

Have gone too far the other way with drafting good private school boys! School councillors and head boys, captains of junior sports teams etc. Yes having some of these is great but you also need players with a harder edge to balance it out. The club have been seriously spooked for the 2006 team culture

MCGovern was going off among the injured playing group during the game about the lack of flag flying.

Alt not sure I can remember too many instances of the Gov flag flying, but at least the sentiment is right.

We really have become the Freo of circa 2018 when their flag flying over the Gaff incident was truly marshmallow stuff.

Mind you, although Degoey will get weeks, it wasn’t really late and he never intended to take out the head.

Old days it wasn't much but bumping is basically a no-go zone now especially a front on bump in the Hewett case .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back