List Mgmt. Cunico, Scooter, Buzza and Jones delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory is 10-15 years ago players wouldn't have been delisted after being out for a year with an injury, so to that extent it's more ruthless now.

But maybe I'm misremembering.

Black was delisted last year while recovering from an ACL, and think Gregson was also out for the later part of the season with another foot issue - so not completely unheard of in the current era

I think if this was Cunico's first big injury or time out with injury it would have been different, but he was taken at pick #59 in the 2014 draft, played 1 senior game over the first 3 years of his career due to knee & ankle injuries, 14 games last year & then obviously the ankle injury this year. I think it was more that he wasn't established as a best 22 player at the start of the year and some of the kids on the list really stood up, which made it harder to keep him around.

Wow...

Feel bad for Cunico.. thought he showed a bit but then the injury got him at the WRONG time. JJ had his moments too but when Atkins and Miers passed him with DAhl and Rohan also on the list.... the writing was on the wall.

I thought they could pause until WW was over - not sure they needed to do it now.

GO Catters

Beautifully balanced player Cunico, good kick, l think he might get picked up.
Was unlucky this year getting injured.

Black was delisted last year while recovering from an ACL, and think Gregson was also out for the later part of the season with another foot issue - so not completely unheard of in the current era

I think if this was Cunico's first big injury or time out with injury it would have been different, but he was taken at pick #59 in the 2014 draft, played 1 senior game over the first 3 years of his career due to knee & ankle injuries, 14 games last year & then obviously the ankle injury this year. I think it was more that he wasn't established as a best 22 player at the start of the year and some of the kids on the list really stood up, which made it harder to keep him around.

Yes, it is common in the current era, but as I said I thought it was much less common 10-15 years ago.

Anyway, still a chance he could be rookied by us.

Based on that, why would another club trade for them?

Simpson was often in the bests in the VFL and unlucky to not get an opportunity at senior level this year, while Zuthrie was ok in his only game.

As they are contracted, I can't see them not being on the list next year, if no reason it than insurance and if the have no impact in 2020, it makes the first couple of list cuts an easier choice.
The club is going to shake the tree a little we are already hearing reports of Henderson Buzza and Smith will be shopped Selwood may look for opportunities elsewhere on top of Guth and Simpson we will see Parsons offered to clubs, if the club can offload the 3 talls the smalls maybe safe due to their contract but still wont stop the club seeing who has interest...

The club is going to shake the tree a little we are already hearing reports of Henderson Buzza and Smith will be shopped Selwood may look for opportunities elsewhere on top of Guth and Simpson we will see Parsons offered to clubs, if the club can offload the 3 talls the smalls maybe safe due to their contract but still wont stop the club seeing who has interest...

I think with Henderson & Smith it's going to depend on what happens with the likes of Taylor & Abbott - if Taylor retires and a suitable trade is found for Abbott, then the club may be reluctant to let both of those guys go.

I still highly doubt there will be any trade discussion around Zuthrie & Simpson, at least any initiated by the club - better having them on our list for another 12 months then losing them for picks in the 70s+. We aren't going to get value for them in a trade, so unless it was the player who approached the club to initiate a trade for them to have better opportunities elsewhere (such as Abbott), what benefit is their in trading them for a 5th round pick?

More likely to lose Parsons if someone makes an approach, but even then it would be for a pick in the 60s, similar to what we got last year for Thurlow or Horlin-Smith

From the sounds of things, this isn't the draft to be going in with too many late picks - so we may be better off with the devils we know than the ones we don't

I think with Henderson & Smith it's going to depend on what happens with the likes of Taylor & Abbott - if Taylor retires and a suitable trade is found for Abbott, then the club may be reluctant to let both of those guys go.

I still highly doubt there will be any trade discussion around Zuthrie & Simpson, at least any initiated by the club - better having them on our list for another 12 months then losing them for picks in the 70s+. We aren't going to get value for them in a trade, so unless it was the player who approached the club to initiate a trade for them to have better opportunities elsewhere (such as Abbott), what benefit is their in trading them for a 5th round pick?

More likely to lose Parsons if someone makes an approach, but even then it would be for a pick in the 60s, similar to what we got last year for Thurlow or Horlin-Smith

From the sounds of things, this isn't the draft to be going in with too many late picks - so we may be better off with the devils we know than the ones we don't
Sounds like the club want 6-7 picks in the draft this year and make offers to whats left, the poor VFL team will get hammered next year as I dont think they are worrying about depth outside what they had this year, certainly going to make for a good trade period...

Sounds like the club want 6-7 picks in the draft this year and make offers to whats left, the poor VFL team will get hammered next year as I dont think they are worrying about depth outside what they had this year, certainly going to make for a good trade period...

If they could get those 6 or 7 picks within the top 50 then I can definitely see that, even better if we could end up with 3 or 4 picks within the top 30

If they could get those 6 or 7 picks within the top 50 then I can definitely see that, even better if we could end up with 3 or 4 picks within the top 30
Most likely to have 4 picks top 40 then the fun begins after that Ie how do we improve pick 57 and thats where hendo might come to the fore...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why they would be shopped. They're all out of contract from what I've read.

I would think their worth in terms of draft picks would be minimal at best anyway.
Very minimal and would be used more as make weights, even uncontracted players have worth.

I didn't like the multi year deals for Parsons, Zuthrie, Simpson and Abbott.

TBF though Parsons is the only one that has worked out ok. You wouldn't delist him on his 2019 output.
Of course you would delist Parsons. He has been terrible in all his afl games bar one where he was slightly less then terrible. We delisted menzel after he kicked 40 goals but had slightly less tackles then Rohan per game. That one slightly less then terrible game combined with terrible other games was not better then menzels 40 goals.

Another terrible list management decision by our club.. Unbelievable.

Somehow I ended up on a Collingwood thread absolutely bagging the clubs trading history. If I didn’t know I could have been on a Geelong board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am apparently in a minority of one here, but I thought Jones had pace, outside run and a raking left foot kick. I was disappointed but increasingly less surprised that he did not get a game this year.

I am apparently in a minority of one here, but I thought Jones had pace, outside run and a raking left foot kick. I was disappointed but increasingly less surprised that he did not get a game this year.
Im surprised he didn't get a game this year, but im not surprised he was delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back