FTA-TV Curb Your Enthusiasm

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Was anyone else expecting someone to walk into the glass at the auditions?

I'm glad it didn't happen though.

The girl set up to win the audition reminded me a little of the hooker that forced him to take her to the Baseball.
Was not her but she has funny personality that can work in this series in later episodes.

Also in the Netflix office. The picture of cartoon animals next to a picture of the producer posing next to a trophy kill.. was just waiting for Larry to say something but nothing.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
100%. Does that mean that Susie is the Elaine and Jeff is the George? Ted Danson is Newman?
ha ha, not really.
George could never be Jeff.
George character was based off Larry himself, which in way earlier seasons of Curb it made clear, especially when the actor that played George was on Curb himself, play himself and complaining about his character on Seinfield he did not like.

I used to work with someone that I'd tell him he reminded me of George, Elaine and Kramer in one. He had some weird traits that had a bit of all of them.
He'd tell crazy lies like George if he could get something out of it , he'd get angry and want revenge like Elaine and he would sometimes move in weird quirky ways if startled like Kramer would. So these characters do have a bit of real people about them. Just show storyline try to take them to the extreme.

Last edited:

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
ha ha, not really.
George could never be Jeff.
George character was based off Larry himself, which is way earlier seasons of Curb it made clear, especially when the actor that played George was on Curb himself, play himself and complaining about his character on Seinfield he did not like.

I used to work with someone that I'd tell him he reminded me of George, Elaine and Kramer in one. He had some weird traits that had a bit of all of them.
He'd tell crazy lies like George if he could get something out of it , he'd get angry and want revenge like Elaine and he would sometimes move in weird quirky ways if startled like Kramer would. So these characters do have a bit of real people about them. Just show storyline try to take them to the extreme.
That Seinfeld reunion season of Curb was one of the best seasons of TV ever made.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
That Seinfeld reunion season of Curb was one of the best seasons of TV ever made.
True.
Loved how Larry tried to promise his wife to be a part on it but Jerry wanted Meg Ryan to be on it.
I like the character that plays Elaine. She should have been on more episodes with Larry. She had a bit of the Susie vibe about her when she was on there. Just not a volatile as Susie but she would have good battles with Larry and call him out on his bullshit.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
With it being Halloween tomorrow I was thinking about the CYE episode where two rude girls knocked on Larry David's door saying they were 13 but in fact were about 16, not wearing costumes and demanded candy, before vandalizing Larry's house when he refused.

Back