CURIOUS...IS JAIDYN STEPHENSON IN YOUR TOP 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Just interesting to start that thread on another teams board. (Though i see from your other posts that there is another connection with Stephenson).

To answer the question he is clearly in the 22. Not top 10 by any means, but with WHE and Murray adds some outside pace that we have really been missing.

Like most first year players will probably have bumps along the road, and need to be rested at times, but I think everyone is very happy with his performances and potential so far.
ive become a piece of the furniture on this board now......i come here to check reports and comments more than the essendon board haha

I was skeptical after the JLT and first couple of games but he's firmly entrenched into the best 22 now.

There hasn't been a draftee (injuries I know) that has come in straight away and looked as good or played as good as he has since Dale Thomas. Just leave it at that.

I m just curious to know your thoughts...is jaidyn in your best 22 even with injured players all back....imo...yes definitfy

Love his attitude and footy smarts. One of my favourite players at the moment as you can probably tell with my avatar.

saw him this morning.....he doesnt .like talking about that stuff....but have a feeling cause hes smart that he will say wait till end of season....mcgrath did it at essendon last year and got 150 k more than if he had of signed mid season....between u and me....he aint going no where...loves it down there ...and i mean loves it
You think he is captain material? Because I can see him there one day.

I think the fact he had a shocker game early in the season and was able to bounce back (and then some) the following week tells a tale of this guy.

future gun!

saw him this morning.....he doesnt .like talking about that stuff....but have a feeling cause hes smart that he will say wait till end of season....mcgrath did it at essendon last year and got 150 k more than if he had of signed mid season....between u and me....he aint going no where...loves it down there ...and i mean loves it
Ta for the news your are giving us mate about Jaidyn, much appreciated. Please tell him we love him

He is going to be a star.

Borderline 22 at the moment if everyone fit. Need to include Elliott,Reid, Wells, Langdon, Maynard into the 22 that played last week and also consider Aish, Greenwood, Fasolo and Goldsack (Goldy unlikely for the future)

Take out Blair, Mayne, Crocker definitely so means he would be on the border currently. That wont last long and we are unlikely to get a full list fit so he will play the year and the rest of his career as our best 22.

He started off a little slow, but has certainly had several breakout games this year. Good to see him ice the game late vs Lions. Obviously has great endurance, speed and great aerobic capacity.

Hes very exciting to watch, and would agree with a few earlier posts re being our best rookie since Thomas/Pendlebury. We've been a bit unlucky with other top 10 picks. Shaz, Freeman. Moore was ok in his first year. DeGoey was fairly slow to get going early on.

I hope he keeps building on some solid games thus far. And who knows... Maybe he can be our first ever Rising star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes definitely. Stephensons pace has added so much to our front half. He's already standing up big time in clutch moments. Holding his own even though his body has a lot of development in it. Absolutely love him.

I m just curious to know your thoughts...is jaidyn in your best 22 even with injured players all back....imo...yes definitfy
YES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back