Current AFL listed players you wouldn't recognise if you passed on the street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Years ago now but this thread was made for Ben Mathews. Played about 200 games for the Swans, won a premiership and everything but when he retired most people on bigfooty barely seemed to know he was a real person.
This has to be the lamest career summary of a 198-game, premiership player ever

ben mathews.PNG

Probably 90 per cent of the league. Unless you are very tall or a superstar, most footballers just look like normal people who go to the gym regularly.

I haven't been able to watch as much footy this year as I have in previous seasons, but just saw Matt Crouch announced as All Australian.

So that's what Matt Crouch looks like... I would have NFI that was an AFL player if I saw them in the street.

I haven't been able to watch as much footy this year as I have in previous seasons, but just saw Matt Crouch announced as All Australian.

So that's what Matt Crouch looks like... I would have NFI that was an AFL player if I saw them in the street.

I always thought it was Brad Crouch everyone struggled to recognise. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic ish, but I did pick Christian Petrecca out of a Crowd of hundreds at Kendrick Lamar when he was in Aus last. Walked straight past him.

On topic, probably the only people on norths list i would actually remeber if i saw up the street would be Ben Brown or Andrew Swallow.

Didnt recognise half of Richmonds list on Grand Final day, just lucky Bruce was there telling me every time Any one other than Rance, Jack or Dusty got a kick :D

Unless you live in WA of course.. loves to get infront of the camera when given the opportunity
I know his voice because of Perth radio. Still couldn’t tell you what he looks like. I just assume a duplicate of Shannon Hurn for god knows what reason.

Years ago now but this thread was made for Ben Mathews. Played about 200 games for the Swans, won a premiership and everything but when he retired most people on bigfooty barely seemed to know he was a real person.
Finished on 198 games. Fell two games short of achieving bay 13 infamy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back