Current Club Debts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do a bit of research and i think you wil find they have not sold all of those bad debts..

They are still stranded with the Beach in Port Melbourne, as its sale fell through due contigencies on licencing permits not being granted.
I haven't heard much about this since........... perhaps conveniently.
Anyone know where this one is at?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m very thankful that the leaders of our club have put us in a strong financial positions and the ability to survive this mess. We’ve come a long way.

Probably hard to isolate but it would be interesting to see what financial impact 2016 had - $2m or so? From memory your debt was quite high at one stage so obviously not the only impact.

I’m very thankful that the leaders of our club have put us in a strong financial positions and the ability to survive this mess. We’ve come a long way.

Hope you arent buoyed by the $18 mil profit.

Lots of IFs still, have pokies gone, do you have any ongoing income?

West Coast, Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood are the teams said to be financially strong enough to keep operating if there is no 2020 season and the AFL does not fund the clubs.

Considering there’s two clubs in the west, I’d except the Eagles to be doing much better than they are. No impressed.

Ah undressing 'the old too many teams in Melbourne' argument, neat attempt to run too few teams in Perth, for good reason.

The Eagles are very lucky to have their new facility up & paid for. Pure luck the timing, not borrowing is good management.

Its the $millions tossed into the WAFC/local footy that will be tested, though it continued through the GFC as I recall. $140+ mil to date.

Ah undressing 'the old too many teams in Melbourne' argument, neat attempt to run too few teams in Perth, for good reason.

The Eagles are very lucky to have their new facility up & paid for. Pure luck the timing, not borrowing is good management.

Its the $millions tossed into the WAFC/local footy that will be tested, though it continued through the GFC as I recall. $140+ mil to date.

Problem is the royalties are calculated on profits and there may not be much in the way of profit this year if membership/afl distro is your only revenue source. WAFC should still get money from its 11m a year deal with the WA Government for Optus Stadium, but may not get the extra 4m from the AFL this year. Who really knows.

Considering there’s two clubs in the west, I’d except the Eagles to be doing much better than they are. No impressed.

Why single us out? If there are two clubs, surely you'd be more disappointed in Freo's 1.6m loss than our 8 million dollar profit (after WAFC royalty and excluding development funding).

You're so transparent.

Lots of IFs still, have pokies gone, do you have any ongoing income?

West Coast, Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood are the teams said to be financially strong enough to keep operating if there is no 2020 season and the AFL does not fund the clubs.
I know we have heavily reduced our debt in the past few years and sold the pokies entitlements last year which would’ve given us a nice cash flow boost. The Age reported we were one of 6 or 7 clubs with enough funds to survive until August. Cash flow will be key to survive the year.

I know we have heavily reduced our debt in the past few years and sold the pokies entitlements last year which would’ve given us a nice cash flow boost. The Age reported we were one of 6 or 7 clubs with enough funds to survive until August. Cash flow will be key to survive the year.
Aside from Richmond, West Coast, and Collingwood, who were the others?

Aside from Richmond, West Coast, and Collingwood, who were the others?

Those 3 + Hawks will be considered "unassisted clubs", and could survive without footy this year. Bulldogs, Essendon and Adelaide could survive until August.

All other clubs require AFL funding within the next 3 months in order to stay solvent.

Those 3 + Hawks will be considered "unassisted clubs", and could survive without footy this year. Bulldogs, Essendon and Adelaide could survive until August.

All other clubs require AFL funding within the next 3 months in order to stay solvent.

I would have hoped we may be in there, but the Bulldogs and Essendon, especially the Bulldogs ahead of Geelong surprises me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back