Current Club Debts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate our club routinely sticks it's hand out and we have enough deep pocketed moron supporters to keep handing it over.
Don't worry, so do we. Essendon and Adelaide are very similar in that regard. Most of those deep pocketed ones happen to be friends or associates of our non member elected board. All about the bottom line.

& it makes the AFL loan go further, subject to the covenant.
It is the terms and conditions of the covenant I am worried about. For a man in his position with his experience, he has lost the trust of most supporters to not put in conditions that will make the clubs suffer further down the track. The Kurt Tippett saga is proof of this.

Why would they fund anyone else they are a Business not a Charity.
It is a requirement for all SANFL and WAFL to help do this. We also pay a dividend each year to the AFL to fund the TAC Cup as well. You draft juniors from these the SANFL and the WAFL. Why should you not financially contribute to the development of those competitions.

Well it's true.

West Coast does support grassroots footy in WA to the tune of 4 million and has contributed 140 million dollars to footy in WA over the last 30 years.

Something that no other club does.
That is not 100% true as pointed out in of my other posts. Both the Crows and Power do contribute to footy in their own state, as I am sure the Dockers do in WA too. You guys may have contributed more, but you are not the only ones to do it.

HNNNNGGGGGGGGG

WCE are owned by the WAFC, A lot of the WCE profits are funneled in to fund the WAFC, Which in turn funds the WAFL. Different model, It's for the poster being a knobhead who thinks the eagles balance sheet is weak for a two club state. It's not like that. Give the eagles 100% of their revenue outside the WAFC and they probably would of bought the Saints, dropped them into the VFL and flown them to Vic every week as a ressies side. twice over.

Dont encourage him.
Living in Vic I can say a business model for footy is the AFL, there is very little comprehension beyond the attempted put down of franchise.

It is a requirement for all SANFL and WAFL to help do this. We also pay a dividend each year to the AFL to fund the TAC Cup as well. You draft juniors from these the SANFL and the WAFL. Why should you not financially contribute to the development of those competitions.

WAFC is where the money goes, the WAFL is a comp funded by the WAFC.
The SA model is not the WA model.

The WAFC does not pay a dividend to fund the NAB (formerly TAC) Cup.
The AFL does fund in part or full the WAFL Colts (U19)

Wonder why we give more money to the AFL and receive less from it than the Bulldogs do, then.

Geelong has pumped a lot of money into developing the stadium.
Considering that I would have though, without looking it up, that your supporter base is bigger that the Bulldogs, with a good enough stadium deal that you should not be in such a situation. Not only that, I am sure that State Government put in a fair bit of money for that stadium as well.

The AFL directly recieves funds from match attendances at AFL games at Docklands and the MCG. Clubs receive the gate and memberships, but other funds are centrally collected including signage, pourage, AFL and Medallion club memberships, stadium naming rights and other things. They do not receive these in WA or SA.

Got you :thumbsu: , I misunderstood.

WAFC is where the money goes, the WAFL is a comp funded by the WAFC.
The SA model is not the WA model.

The WAFC does not pay a dividend to fund the NAB (formerly TAC) Cup.
The AFL does fund in part or full the WAFL Colts (U19)
You are quite right, the models are not the same. If they were, the Crows and the Power, would be in a lot better positions financially. Also our stadium deals are nowhere near as good as the WA clubs are.

I know the Crows and the Power certainly used to pay a dividend to fund the NAB/TAC Cup, and I am not aware of that having changed. The AFL themselves may fund the SANFL under 18's to some degree.

That is not 100% true as pointed out in of my other posts. Both the Crows and Power do contribute to footy in their own state, as I am sure the Dockers do in WA too. You guys may have contributed more, but you are not the only ones to do it.

Sure, I shouldn't have used such sweeping language, especially about the SA clubs.

Mate our club routinely sticks it's hand out and we have enough deep pocketed moron supporters to keep handing it over.
Hey, I resent that :p
My pockets aren’t very deep compared to many but in the past I’ve given the club a few smallish donations of $1-5k. I think we are in a ok position financially ATM but if times got really tough I’d dig in again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, I shouldn't have used such sweeping language, especially about the SA clubs.
Like you, I get annoyed at supporters of Victorian clubs thinking they shouldn't be paying money to grassroots in Victoria, or the rest of the country.

It is the terms and conditions of the covenant I am worried about. For a man in his position with his experience, he has lost the trust of most supporters to not put in conditions that will make the clubs suffer further down the track. The Kurt Tippett saga is proof of this.

Will we ever see the covenant, commercial in confidence, the AFL is the borrower, the lender presents the original draft of the covenant.

Hey, I resent that :p
My pockets aren’t very deep compared to many but in the past I’ve given the club a few smallish donations of $1-5k. I think we are in a ok position financially ATM but if times got really tough I’d dig in again
As much as you resent it, it is the truth. My own club does the same.

Wonder why we give more money to the AFL and receive less from it than the Bulldogs do, then.

Geelong has pumped a lot of money into developing the stadium.

You have put barely anything in considering you bank all of the profits from home games yourselves

A A$28 million redevelopment of the ground was announced in 2003, with A$13.5 million in funding from the Victorian Government, A$4.5 million from the Geelong Football Club, and A$2 million from the AFL.

In September 2007, Skilled Stadium received a further total of A$25 million towards the rebuilding of the Ross Drew Stand on the south western side of the ground. Funding for the project included A$14 million from the Federal Government and A$6 million from the Victorian Government

The total cost of the fourth stage of redevelopment was $91 million, of which $75m came from the Victorian Government, $6m from the City of Greater Geelong, $6 million from the Geelong Football Club and $4 million from the AFL

In April 2017, the Victorian Government announced an investment of $3.9 million in the upcoming state budget to fund the planning and design stage for Stage 5 of the redevelopment.

You've put * all in considering the grand scheme of things

Will we ever see the covenant, commercial in confidence, the AFL is the borrower, the lender presents the original draft of the covenant.
Considering Chapman's history as Chairman, as well what came out in the banking royal commission, I suspect the devil is in the detail. This is a man that said has was going to be stepping aside as Chairman about 5 years ago, and still hasn't done so. He is not to be trusted, and I know most of the supporters on BF feel the same.

You have put barely anything in considering you bank all of the profits from home games yourselves

You've put fu** all in considering the grand scheme of things
Adelaide fans would be well aware on how much potential the club has and the utter ******* mismanagement to capitalise on anything.

Considering Chapman's history as Chairman, as well what came out in the banking royal commission, I suspect the devil is in the detail. This is a man that said has was going to be stepping aside as Chairman about 5 years ago, and still hasn't done so. He is not to be trusted, and I know most of the supporters on BF feel the same.

your problem ...

You've put fu** all in considering the grand scheme of things

to the extent that $20m + has gone in to the ground on your numbers from GFC or some other funder (the ground is not owned by the footy club, its a MCG style arrangement).
Has Geelong put $20mil in ? Pay back loans?

Yeah, can see a big write off this year. All clubs will suffer huge losses. Clubs like Richmond/Hawthorn/Carlton who have businesses and pokies will suffer losses due to business closures. West Coast will lose some of their investments in their investments.

We are the best placed club to recover though. We have brand new facilities, a strong member base and a great stadium deal.
But you are a plastic franchise with no soul. So who cares?

But you are a plastic franchise with no soul. So who cares?

Here we go, this old argument.

When you say that about West Coast, you are saying that about all 6 of the 18 teams in the league who do not have roots and ties to the old VFL prior to 1987. It really goes to show that you have absolutely no appreciation for what non-Victorian clubs bring to our national competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back