List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (Updated 03/11/2023)

Can’t be worried that it’s only a one year deal, he’s looked good but still needs to prove himself to earn a longer term deal. I’m sure he’d have no problem with that either

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bloody great news. Blossoming nicely into a serious player, would have hated to lose another experienced player, especially one with family ties to the club.

Nice try Brisbane :D

Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo fan here. I have it on good sources that Fremantle are entertaining Liberatore to replace our man Neale.

What can we expect if Bell convinces Tom that his future lies in Freo? Bell flew out to Melbourne to meet with Liberatores agent this morning.

Freo fan here. I have it on good sources that Fremantle are entertaining Liberatore to replace our man Neale.

What can we expect if Bell convinces Tom that his future lies in Freo? Bell flew out to Melbourne to meet with Liberatores agent this morning.
This belongs in our Trade and List Management thread

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Footywire has both of these guys on contracts until the end of 2020, but can't see a source anywhere online.

Crozier is the other one I can't find a proper source for. Footywire seems to get some things wrong, so I put a red question mark next to his name as well.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought all draftees were automatically on 2 year contracts. (and rookies 1 year contracts)

Nope.

From the AFL rule book

When a First Year Draft Choice Player is first listed by an AFL Club, that Player and the AFL Club shall enter into a playing contract for a minimum term of two AFL Seasons except in the case of a Player who has previously been listed as a Rookie at any AFL Club or the Player will be 23 years or over as at the 31st day of December immediately following the most recent National Draft Selection Meeting.

Nope.

From the AFL rule book

When a First Year Draft Choice Player is first listed by an AFL Club, that Player and the AFL Club shall enter into a playing contract for a minimum term of two AFL Seasons except in the case of a Player who has previously been listed as a Rookie at any AFL Club or the Player will be 23 years or over as at the 31st day of December immediately following the most recent National Draft Selection Meeting.
What? The AFL has a rule book? I thought they just made it up as they went along.

Nope.

From the AFL rule book

Cheers - thanks for that

Back