Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

List finalised.

I haven't heard anything about Lonergan re-signing, surely there's no chance he'll walk out?

Sam was always going to sign, the club was waiting to see how his knee came up before comitting 100%.

anyone know whats up with Lonergan? his name's in red!?!

good question.

and another question...am i the only one on this site that rates Lonergan as a player?

i'm not saying i think he's a gun or anything, in fact when i listed my 22 he was just outside, however the reality is it's pretty rare not to be missing a midfielder or four, and i think he can play a reasonably important role as the season goes on.

i see a smart footballer who instinctively makes good decisions in tight, and certainly contributes with strength at the footy, and at our opposition with his tackling and physicality.....in short, i think he can play an important role.

very much hoping to hear confirmation of his signing. :thumbsu:

good question.

and another question...am i the only one on this site that rates Lonergan as a player?

i'm not saying i think he's a gun or anything, in fact when i listed my 22 he was just outside, however the reality is it's pretty rare not to be missing a midfielder or four, and i think he can play a reasonably important role as the season goes on.

i see a smart footballer who instinctively makes good decisions in tight, and certainly contributes with strength at the footy, and at our opposition with his tackling and physicality.....in short, i think he can play an important role.

very much hoping to hear confirmation of his signing. :thumbsu:

I like him. Always wins the one on ones. If he could get it more he'd be great.

His name is in a different colour to distinguish him as uncontracted. Red just happens to be the colour.

I rated him about two years ago. He looked like becoming a really solid midfielder for us.

Since then he hasn't even come close to having the tank to be midfielder, and has gone backwards.

Hopefully the Hird Regime gets him fit enough to run games out on the ball.

yep, ive got the colour coding down pat but as it was the only red (uncontracted name), it stood out like the proverbial.

so i suppose the answer is that he's still uncontracted for next year and im assuming he's been given an offer or he would have walked out (ala Houli and McFumbles) in search of more opportunities?

I rate Sammy very highly also, think he offers alot to the side. Some recent training reports and photos indicate he's worked hard and built his tank to a midfield standard.

Bellchambers, Tom - 2011
Browne, Alex - 2012
Carlisle, Jake - 2011
Colyer, Travis - 2011
Daniher, Darcy - 2011

Davey, Alwyn - 2011
Davis, Luke - 2012
Dempsey, Courtenay - 2012
Dyson, Ricky - 2011
Fletcher, Dustin - 2011
Gumbleton, Scott - 2012
Hardingham, Kyle - 2011
Heppell, Dyson - 2012
Hibberd, Michael - 2012
Hille, David - 2012
Hocking, Heath - 2011
Hooker, Cale - 2011
Howlett, Ben - 2012
Hurley, Michael - 2012
Jetta, Leroy - 2012
Lonergan, Sam - 2010
Long, Anthony - 2011
Lovett-Murray, Nathan - 2011
Melksham, Jake - 2011

McVeigh, Mark - 2012
Monfries, Angus - 2012

Myers, David - 2012
Pears, Tayte - 2011
Prismall, Brent - 2011

Reimers, Kyle - 2012
Ross, Michael - 2012
Ryder, Patrick - 2012
Slattery, Henry - 2012
Stanton, Brent - 2012
Steinberg, Ariel - 2012
Watson, Jobe - 2013
Welsh, Andrew - 2011
Williams, Mark - 2012
Winderlich, Jason - 2011
Zaharakis, David - 2012

Removed the rookies and delistings. I also assumed that new draftees get a two-year contract (I think that's the rules, correct me if I'm wrong). Also changed the colour scheme to reflect the players in danger from GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long has Lonergan got... 1 or 2 years??

A few bigger names coming out of contract... any that GWS would seriously target??

BUMP.

With a bunch of key players to Essendon's future coming out of contract at the end of this year such as Bellchambers, Pears, Hooker, Hardingham, Hocking, Melksham, has anyone heard of any work happening to re-sign them?

Apparently Melksham is on their radar.

Edit: Tayte Pears, however, I am particularly concerned about.

Thanks to quite a few posters who have helped keep this up to date.

Atkinson, Jarrod - 2010 DELISTED
Bellchambers, Tom - 2011
Carlisle, Jake - 2011
Colyer, Travis - 2011
Daniher, Darcy - 2011

Davey, Alwyn - 2011
Dempsey, Courtenay - 2012
Dyson, Ricky - 2011
Fletcher, Dustin - 2011
Gumbleton, Scott - 2012
Hardingham, Kyle - 2011
Hille, David - 2012
Hocking, Heath - 2011
Hooker, Cale - 2011

Houli, Bachar - 2010 DELISTED
Howlett, Ben - 2012 PROMOTED
Hurley, Michael - 2012
Jetta, Leroy - 2012
Laycock, Jason - 2010 DELISTED
Lonergan, Sam - 2010
Long, Anthony - 2011
Lovett-Murray, Nathan - 2011
Melksham, Jake - 2011

McVeigh, Mark - 2012
Monfries, Angus - 2012

Myers, David - 2012
Neagle, Jay - 2011
Pears, Tayte - 2011
Prismall, Brent - 2011

Reimers, Kyle - 2012
Ryder, Patrick - 2012
Slattery, Henry - 2012
Slattery, Tyson - 2010 DELISTED
Stanton, Brent - 2012
Still, Michael - 2010 DELISTED
Watson, Jobe - 2013
Welsh, Andrew - 2011
Williams, Mark - 2012
Winderlich, Jason - 2011
Zaharakis, David - 2012

Of the 2011 crew,
Welsh must certainly be weighing up his future. He has had a lot of trouble getting on the park.
Prismall is an interesting one. Seems to have been passed by a number of our young mids. May go lookin somewhere else?

From Sheeds' point of view, i could see him having a crack at Neagle, Winderlich, and Dyson, and would be very impressed with guys like Hocking, Hooker, Pears, Hardingham, Belly and Colyer.

Keys to keep on that list are Belly, Hocking, Hooker, Pears, Melks, Hardingham and probably Danniher, just to be sure Joe makes it over :)

The way I see it,
Welsh, Dyson, Long, Daniher, Prismall and Williams are the clubs expendable players the moment, unless they prove their worth, which I think a few will. Wouldn't be surprised if Long or Daniher are delisted for them to be rookied.

Meanwhile, a lot of crucial players whose contracts run out this year that I think will sign on knowing there is a lot of upside. Among them, Bellchambers, Lonergan

Whats the go with the Cramdog? Is he on as one year deal? If so you'd think he'd be able to demand a significant pay rise next year!

Yeah but he would already be on more than the standard 30-40k that rookies get.. He would be getting some match fees etc to subsidize the low rookie a wage!

As I understand it:
When you get elevated, your contract a) goes onto the main cap; b) increases pro-rata to the base wage (he was on all year so he wil get the full 51k) and yes, match fees too.
You can go look it up if you're interested.

Would have a contract all-but inked, methinks. One success of the Knights (Hickmott) reign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back