Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't yet because it's not officially confirmed, but I guess we might as well.
Do we have a link to the trigger cause?

edit: (I assume he has met it)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-10/dons-lock-in-defender-mark-baguley-for-another-two-years
The 28-year-old has been in negotiations for a new deal for months, but his extension through to the end of 2017 was confirmed on Wednesday.

It is understood the contract has a built-in trigger, which will activate a third season.

Last edited:
The colour scheme is as follows: Final year of contract, 1 year to go, more than a year.

I am currently investigating the option of including a bar/graphical representation as previously posted by lysp but haven't decided on a final option yet.
I'm sorry mate but Final year and More than a year look the same to me. I guess they're red and green respectively and as a poor colour blind soul, I cannot tell the difference very easily.

I'm sorry mate but Final year and More than a year look the same to me. I guess they're red and green respectively and as a poor colour blind soul, I cannot tell the difference very easily.
Colourblind+Circle.jpg

but seriously, I changed the colours in the OP, hope it helps.

Last edited:

Capt Hindsight

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
From the remaining out of contract players on both the senior and rookie lists who do you think will be delisted this off-season?
This includes players you think will be delisted and then retained by being placed on the rookie list.
I have simply included all the remaining out of contract players (I do not expect Sam Draper to be even remotely considered to be delisted).

Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton and James Kelly have all retired and Heath Hocking and Yestin Eades (rookie list) so currently there are 4 senior list spots and 1 rookie list spot to be filled via trades, free agency and drafting.
There are 5 remaining out of contract senior listed players and 4 remaining out of contract rookie listed players. Next season the rookie list will still be in place and category A rookies will be available to play round 1 without another player being on the long term injury list.

From the remaining out of contract players on both the senior and rookie lists who do you think will be delisted this off-season?
This includes players you think will be delisted and then retained by being placed on the rookie list.
I have simply included all the remaining out of contract players (I do not expect Sam Draper to be even remotely considered to be delisted).

Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton and James Kelly have all retired and Heath Hocking and Yestin Eades (rookie list) so currently there are 4 senior list spots and 1 rookie list spot to be filled via trades, free agency and drafting.
There are 5 remaining out of contract senior listed players and 4 remaining out of contract rookie listed players. Next season the rookie list will still be in place and category A rookies will be available to play round 1 without another player being on the long term injury list.
I wouldn't want to have my name in red at the moment (last year of contract). I think the club has (done well) and signed up all of it's priorities. Any player without a contract in 2018 at this point could justifiably not be offered an extension.

DA18

Debutant
Oct 4, 2017
Adelaide SA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Hey all, im new to this big footy thing. I wanted to ask all you Melbourne based supporters, I am a bombers fan living in SA and the word on the street here is Crows are going to go hard for Raz Fantasia come end of next year... feeling nervous! What are your thoughts?

Hey all, im new to this big footy thing. I wanted to ask all you Melbourne based supporters, I am a bombers fan living in SA and the word on the street here is Crows are going to go hard for Raz Fantasia come end of next year... feeling nervous! What are your thoughts?
Contracted to 2019 and I don't think we want him going anywhere, but in this day and age it's hard to know anything for certain. I refuse to name favourites after some of my previous favourites got traded out, but if I had any he'd be one of them. And welcome, btw :)

We had 39 on the senior list this year, so with four out (Watson, Stanton, Hocking, Kelly), and three coming in via trade (SSS), we will have 38 once that is done, with two open spots. We have to bring in three on the senior list via national draft/rookie upgrades, so at least one more player has to come off the senior list to make space (either traded/delisted/demoted to rookie). If not Francis via trade, then it will have to be one of these guys:

Out of contract:
Josh Green
Jackson Merrett
Craig Bird
Alex Morgan
Ben Howlett

It's likely that only one will be delisted/traded/demoted, unless we go with 38/39 on the senior list. I doubt we delist someone who is serviceable depth for the sake of taking pick 103 or 121 to the draft.

If 25 and 30 go for Stringer, that leaves us with picks 48, 67, 85 to take to the draft. If we don't want to use 85 in the draft, then we will need to upgrade a rookie.

2017 rookies:
Jake Long
Sam Draper
Shaun McKernan
Ben McNiece (Cat B)

I suppose we could theoretically upgrade Lavender (loophole?) although I think that's less likely than the others.

You're allowed 6 catA rookies with a senior list of 38, 5 with a senior list of 39, 4 with a senior list of 40. Assuming we upgrade one Cat A rookie, and with Eades already delisted, we will have 2 Cat A rookies and 2 Cat B. We will have space for one more Cat B, and depending on how many we have on the senior list, up to 4 Cat A rookie spots.

CricketXI

Draftee
Oct 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

He is going to be a super player and the Crows will be looking at him for a Betts replacement. If we don't sign him up during the 2019 season and he head into September/October uncontracted, then I think he is going to go. I have a feeling the Crows will be more willing to outspend us, so it will come down to how much he wants to go home and maybe what we can get out of the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
He is going to be a super player and the Crows will be looking at him for a Betts replacement. If we don't sign him up during the 2019 season and he head into September/October uncontracted, then I think he is going to go. I have a feeling the Crows will be more willing to outspend us, so it will come down to how much he wants to go home and maybe what we can get out of the Crows.

I would give him a contract extension next year

Howlett and Bird delisted... but not Jerrett. Although we could still delist more, maybe. It's not our style to delist a heap in one go.

Howlett and Bird delisted... but not Jerrett. Although we could still delist more, maybe. It's not our style to delist a heap in one go.
Morgan also not named.

Capt Hindsight

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The POLL has two errors.
Ben McNiece has signed a one year deal and is not delisted.
Sam Draper signed a two year deal not a one year deal.

The OP has one error.
Ben McNiece signed a 1 year deal not a two year deal. So his contract expires the end of 2018 season.

The POLL has two errors.
Ben McNiece has signed a one year deal and is not delisted.
Sam Draper signed a two year deal not a one year deal.

The OP has one error.
Ben McNiece signed a 1 year deal not a two year deal. So his contract expires the end of 2018 season.

Duckworth double check

I had already adjusted it to what I think is correct. There was some confusion in the McNiece thread, I think perhaps they had misreported it?

Sam Draper's thread title is 2019. I think that is correct.

:drunk:

I think the digital media manager has resigned, so the club website/articles/twitter are all up to s**t. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, etc.

Might just delete the poll now anyway, I think it has served it's purpose? (It came about as the result of a thread merge if you were wondering.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back