Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

:drunk:
I think the digital media manager has resigned, so the club website/articles/twitter are all up to s**t. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, etc.
I thought we only let these sorts of people run our supplements program.

Draper re-signs for 2018 (but not 2019) that's what you're thinking?

I thought we only let these sorts of people run our supplements program.

Draper re-signs for 2018 (but not 2019) that's what you're thinking?
I don't even know any more. The articles are vague, but seem to imply a one year contract (extension?). The graphics are more specific, but maybe the graphics guy got the wrong memo.

Three re-signed today.

Also has Stewart re-signed as well?
They said Stewart would re-sign for two years soon a while back. Hasn't been announced whether it's actually done yet though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the rules regarding rookies nowadays?

Are all Rookies able to be re-rookied (if we wanted?)
Still a max of 3 consecutive years on the RL. After that have to delist and re rookie.

Would be good for the op to have what year as a rookie they are maybe?
I'm not sure what that info currently is... at this stage rookie contracts are for 1 year only, so they are just listed as such.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Must take 3 draft pick choices i believe and then ontop of that the potential new recruits.

Goddard - Gone
J.Merrett - Gone
J.Green - Delist
J.Long - Delist

First 4 to go for me. Then maybe or a player trade out. Which would be Dea

Leuy - 1 more year I feel
Brown - 1/2 years
Baguley - 1 year
Hartley - 1 Year

Losing a few small forward depth.

Must take 3 draft pick choices i believe and then ontop of that the potential new recruits.

Goddard - Gone
J.Merrett - Gone
J.Green - Delist
J.Long - Delist

First 4 to go for me. Then maybe or a player trade out. Which would be Dea

Leuy - 1 more year I feel
Brown - 1/2 years
Baguley - 1 year
Hartley - 1 Year

Losing a few small forward depth.

Need at least 5-6 gone. 3 in the draft, McKernan upgrade and 1-2 trade targets.

Dea - Delist

Hartley pending whether we have 2 trade targets or just 1. 1 and he stays

If it were me, I would keep Dea and Delist Luenberger. McKernan can do the back-up ruck and Rookie a mature ruck from the VFL. Luenberger was good in the 1st quarter, although he wasn't up against much (Stringer had 4 hit-outs)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
If it were me, I would keep Dea and Delist Luenberger. McKernan can do the back-up ruck and Rookie a mature ruck from the VFL. Luenberger was good in the 1st quarter, although he wasn't up against much (Stringer had 4 hit-outs)

Surely a Hickey, Longer and L.Pierce and with Marshall albeit can play fwd can all be on the same list. But yeh could do as you said.

I just feel we have a lot to lose next year especially if attain Shiel and one of the things that could derail us is TBC going down for a long period of time.

IN the OP still says Stewart no longer has a contract - I thought he got another 2 years recently..??
There was talk earlier in the year about him being 'close' to signing. I'm not sure if had been announced though. If you have a link I will update.

Hi all,

As you might've seen over on the DTFA we have a new resource - an auto-updating, zero-maintenance spreadsheet of player stats and contract data.

The main pitfall of this set of resources is that it draws its information from footywire - if they have errors, so will this.

Below is the club-specific version for the Dons :)

First tab has contract length and free agency status, then you have career games, age and height data in separate tabs with graphical displays, plus a player data table in the last tab.

If you're on a mobile browser you'll need to scroll around to see everything properly, as it's best viewed on desktop.

Duckworth I'm going to also embed it in the OP, but given the likelihood of errors in footywire's contract expiry dates particularly, if you can keep your list up to date as well that would probably be better than relying on footywire for that :)

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Lore

This article says Long re-signed for a year but I can't find anything else...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-29/who-doesnt-have-a-deal-ahead-of-contract-deadline-day

ESS-header.png

Unsigned: Mark Baguley, Matt Dea, Ben McNiece

Jake Long has re-signed to remain at the club for another year. Veteran ruckman Matthew Leuenberger retired last weekdespite having a one-year offer to play on, leaving promising young big man Sam Draper as Tom Bellchambers' chief back-up. Baguley is set to be delisted and redrafted as a rookie, while rookie-listed midfielder Trent Mynott has locked in his spot for 2019. Dea and McNiece will find out either way this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back