Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

McNiece staying
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-10-29/mcniece-to-stay-on

Just Dea from the main list with no decision now.
Yep, and Baguley noticeably absent from the bottom of that article.

The Club has now made the following changes to its list:

Delisted – Brendon Goddard, Jackson Merrett and Josh Green

Traded – Travis Colyer (Fremantle)

Recruited – Dylan Shiel

:think: Not sure why the league website would be getting info and releasing it before the club does, like we haven't had a member email about it either. I think the actual list lodgement is two days away – the league doesn't even need to be told until then.

So an early look next year we have:

Aaron Francis - 2/3 years
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - 3 years
Ben McNiece - 1 year/delist
BZT - 2 years
Darcy Parish - 2/3 years (wouldn't be surprised if he gets squeezed out though, cap room may be tight)
David Myers - 1 year/retire
Dylan Clarke - 1 year/delist
Jake Long - 1 year/delist
Jordan Houlahan - 1 year/delist
Luke Lavender - 1 year
Mark Baguley - retire?
Mason Redman - 2/3 years
Matt Guelfi - 1/2 years
Michael Hartley - 1 year
Mitchell Brown - 1 year
Patrick Ambrose - 1 year
Sam Draper - 3 years
Trent Mynott - 1/2 years

So we'll have up to 21 OOC at the start of next year. The priorities for me would be Francis, Walla, BZT, Parish, Redman and Draper.

Hi all,

As you might've seen over on the DTFA we have a new resource - an auto-updating, zero-maintenance spreadsheet of player stats and contract data.

The main pitfall of this set of resources is that it draws its information from footywire - if they have errors, so will this.

Below is the club-specific version for the Dons :)

First tab has contract length and free agency status, then you have career games, age and height data in separate tabs with graphical displays, plus a player data table in the last tab.

If you're on a mobile browser you'll need to scroll around to see everything properly, as it's best viewed on desktop.

Duckworth I'm going to also embed it in the OP, but given the likelihood of errors in footywire's contract expiry dates particularly, if you can keep your list up to date as well that would probably be better than relying on footywire for that :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing more than 1 but not sure. He had a one year offer from Carlton and turned it down to explore other opportunities. If we'd only matched what they were offering he might as well have stayed there.
agree, but I can't find it yet. Also, I think McBride needs his own player thread (as I can't find one)

agree, but I can't find it yet. Also, I think McBride needs his own player thread (as I can't find one)
He hasn't been announced by the club, just an article on the AFL website by Marc McGowan.

According to McGowan both McQuillan and McBride will be 2 year contracts.

Don't know which one will be cat A and which one will be cat B either.

2020 out of contract list looks interesting...

Dyson Heppell - Restricted Free Agent
Tom Bellchambers - Unrestricted Free Agent
Joe Daniher - Restricted Free Agent
Martin Gleeson - Restricted Free Agent
Kyle Langford
Andrew McGrath
Adam Saad
Shaun McKernan
Jayden Laverde
James Stewart
Josh Begley
Jordan Ridley
Kobe Mutch
Brayden Ham
Will Snelling - Free Agent (lifetime free agent due to being previously delisted)
Irving Mosquito
Noah Gown

Also possibly Michael Hartley? (he's a lifetime free agent too)

Free agency based on footywire information, don't think the AFL will confirm either way until the start of the season next year.

Also I've started setting up the 2020 spreadsheet, I'll edit the link into the OP as well.

Lore, was just having a look at the OP before seeing your last post, & yeah looks like a glut of players coming out of contact next year, with the changing face of football it won't surprise too much to see several of those names elsewhere in 2021.

Great work with these spreadsheets etc, makes it easy to see where we're at.

Lore, was just having a look at the OP before seeing your last post, & yeah looks like a glut of players coming out of contact next year, with the changing face of football it won't surprise too much to see several of those names elsewhere in 2021.

Great work with these spreadsheets etc, makes it easy to see where we're at.
We do typically have quite a few out of contract at the start of each year, but most will be extended. Can’t draft more than 5-6 new faces to the senior list unless you’re lucky enough to somehow get a lot of 1st-4th round picks. Kids picked in the 70s and later very rarely turn out better than the guy they’re replacing.

It annoys me that the AFL doesn’t have this sort of thing easily available.

I’ve got the old spreadsheets back to 2016 as well, they’re in the OP of this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...three-small-forwards-or-an-extra-mid.1165006/

The Essendon list spreadsheet linked in the OP is now up to date as much as it can be with the fixture still all over the place. Player data is synced to the season guide that they released yesterday.

Notably, Fantasia, Daniher, Draper, Ridley, McKernan, Bryan have all 'grown' :think:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.47.19 pm.png

The Essendon list spreadsheet linked in the OP is now up to date as much as it can be with the fixture still all over the place. Player data is synced to the season guide that they released yesterday.

Notably, Fantasia, Daniher, Draper, Ridley, McKernan, Bryan have all 'grown' :think:

View attachment 843212
where did you find those stats from? wanna provide a Link ? please

Theres currently 6 players out of contract on our list that I'd be trying to keep, or at least shop as they still hold some currency if they do want to leave. They are (in order);-

McGrath, Ridley, Saad, Daniher, Langford & Laverde

4 more players I'd keep on the list maybe on a 1 year deal (for depth);-

Snelling, Stewart, Ham, Gleeson

The other players below that are out of contract I'd be inclined to move on are;-

Hibberd, Townsend, Bellcho, McKernan, Crauford, Mosquito, Begley, Gown, Mutch

Time for a good clean out at the club

Theres currently 6 players out of contract on our list that I'd be trying to keep, or at least shop as they still hold some currency if they do want to leave. They are (in order);-

McGrath, Ridley, Saad, Daniher, Langford & Laverde

4 more players I'd keep on the list maybe on a 1 year deal (for depth);-

Snelling, Stewart, Ham, Gleeson

The other players below that are out of contract I'd be inclined to move on are;-

Hibberd, Townsend, Bellcho, McKernan, Crauford, Mosquito, Begley, Gown, Mutch

Time for a good clean out at the club
Don’t get your hopes up. If there are list cuts with immediate impact then maybe but I doubt we’re going to bring in 9 draft kids in 2021. We don’t bring 9 in at the best of times let alone when the U18s have barely trained or been seen or spoken to all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back